Status: Hiatus until further notice.

Just Let It Go

Nine

I pulled a long-sleeved purple shirt on over my head and tugged on my jeans. I was actually eager to go outside. The weather was lovely today. The sun was shining and, despite it being the end of October, the air was relatively warm. I decided not to do my homework and just go out. I wasn't going to run today; I just wanted to enjoy myself in the warm weather.

I was just putting on my shoes when someone beeped their horn outside. I opened the door. An old Ford Mustang stood in my driveway. Paul was waving out of the driver's seat.

“Hey Sophie!” he called out and I waved. I grabbed my phone and walked out of the house, locking the door behind me. I walked up to Paul's car.

“Hi, nice ride,” I said, grinning widely. .

“Thanks,” he said proudly. “ A buddy of mine fixed it up recently.” I nodded and looked to my left. I was wondering where I'd go today.

“Hey I was wondering if you wanted to go down to La Push with me,” Paul said, catching my attention. “It's great there, especially today.” I rocked back and forth on my heels, thinking.

The last time I'd been to La Push was about five years ago. I remember the beach was beautiful. My uncle would start a driftwood bonfire and I would be amazed by the pretty blue color. I would like to see that again. But then there was my mother. She'd certainly object to me going. But how much longer could I obey her? After all I was 17! I could make decisions on my own.

“Sure, I'd love to,” I said and Paul's grin widened.

The ride to the beach wasn't awkward like I thought it would be. Paul told me more about himself. I wasn't wrong when I thought that he was older than me. Paul was 19. He told me about his friends, his family. The way he talked about them brought a smile to my face. He sure was one caring person.

We were at the beach in a blink of an eye. When I stepped out of the car and looked to the coast, a flood of memories washed over me. I even had to hold on to the car when my uncle's face popped up. I took a deep breath and walked after Paul, shaking my head to clear it up.

“So what about you?” he asked me as we walked along the beach. I watched as a seagull dove into the ocean to get some food.

“Me? Oh I'm not interesting,” I said with a laugh and Paul shook his head.

“Oh c'mon, you're like this big mystery that I want to unravel,” he teased and I smiled. I told him a little bit about my family and the story my mother made up for me. I knew he wanted to hear more but at this moment a group of young men came up to us.

They were all very similar. All had the same haircut, the same tattoo. They looked like a family, like some sort of pack. Paul introduced me to the four young men. Sam looked a bit older than the rest. Embry and Quill were the youngest. The fourth boy, Jacob, kept to himself. He seemed to be deep in thought.

I saw that the younger boys wanted to walk with us but Paul told them off sternly. Embry let out a long 'oh' as he smirked. His eyes darted from me to Paul. I couldn't help but blush as I imagined what was going on in his head. All the boys, including Jacob, whistled and made suggestive remarks as Paul and I walked away.

“Don't mind them, they're idiots,” Paul mumbled but I laughed.

“They look like good guys,” I offered and he nodded, grinning.

“Yeah, they're great,” he said. “But don't try to distract me, tell me more about yourself.”

“Well I've told you pretty much everything,” I lied. I knew of course what he wanted to know but I kept quite. The silence between us was filled with the sound of the oceans waves.

“I know that you don't like the woods,” he started carefully. “Or I should say you're scared of them.”

I stuck my hands inside my jeans and nodded.

“Something bad happened there,” I finally answered.

“It must've been really, really bad if you're afraid of them,” he said. He was looking at my reaction but I turned my face and looked toward the ocean. The sun was sparkling along its surface marvelously.

“You can tell me Sophie, you can trust me,” Paul said quietly. I bit my lip.

“It's just hard,” I squeaked out. My throat had tightened and I knew that I'd burst into tears sooner or later. Paul looked alarmed.

“Hey, okay, it's alright,” he said and awkwardly squeezed my shoulder. “You don't have to tell me.”

We continued walking silently and soon the sun started to set.

“What time is it?” I asked Paul. He showed me his watch. 6:27 PM.

“You need to go home already?” he asked and I smiled apologetically.

“Yeah, my mother will be home soon,” I explained. “She doesn't like it when I'm not home before her.”

As we drove home, I didn't want it to be silent. “Tell me more about your friends,” I offered. I was amazed at how enthusiastic Paul was about them. He had me laughing the whole way home.

He pulled up at my house and I was relieved to see it was all dark except for my sister's bedroom window.

“Thanks Paul, it was really great today,” I said, genuinely thanking him. He gave me a smile.
“Thanks for coming, we'll do this again sometime,” he said and I got out of his car. I started walking to my door and turned around to him.

“And thanks for not pressuring me,” I said shyly and he winked before driving off.

The smile just refused to come off my face.[/size[
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so so much for the support guys! I just hope Mibba starts showing my subscribers again :]

Sorry for the wait =\

Outfit