Status: Hiatus, as I can't focus on two things at once.

Temperature

Perpetually Dancing

We were in the process of becoming something, courting, if you will. It was nice. Want to come over tonight? Maeryn would ask. Of course, I would reply. We were dancing around the edge of it.

But what is one to do

We had been friends, but then again, we weren’t. We had been like this since we had first met. The October air was cool, we were younger. Perpetually dancing. Too many things were implied, not said.

When pieces stop falling into place

Things were picking up. It’s what we had been waiting for, and we certainly had been waiting. There were more touches than normal, more stares. It was good. It made my skin freeze with anticipation.

And time starts to slow

We both knew what was coming. Everyone knew what was coming. Neither of us had dated anyone since we had known each other. Two years. We had earned this. It needed to happen. It had to.

Just enough to breathe

We weren’t love sick over each other. Not exactly anyway. We were fine with just the prospect of having someone. I was, at least. I wasn’t cold when I went home at night. I was satisfied, maybe a little content.

While everything else is frozen?
♠ ♠ ♠
part two

total word count (at the moment)- 580

the bolded parts are meant to be read together and not as part of the paragraphs