Sequel: Before You Say I Do

And You're Just What I Need...

Four Days

It’s just around the corner. The wedding that is. Which also means the truth coming out. Yeah, I still haven’t told Adam. I mean seriously, how was I supposed to do that? Especially now that he seriously loves me.

I turn up the radio as one of my favorite songs pop on. Call me cliché, but I just love the song According to You by Orianthi. It’s amazing. I start singing along as I mold together roses for the wedding cake.

Today had been pretty slow, only a couple people coming in and getting small treats. The bell above the door rings and I reach over to turn the radio before waking out to the front.

Confusion crosses over me as I see Jon standing there.

“um, hey.” I say, wiping my hands on my fairly dirty apron.

“hey Julie.” He replies, smiling.

“so, what brings you here?”

“I wanted to talk to you.”

great. “oh, I guess I could take a quick break.” I walk around the counter and to one of tables. Jon sits down across from me. “what is it that you want to talk about?” I ask.

“do you really love him?” whoa, this guy doesn’t not play around the subject, just gets straight to the point.

“Adam?”

“who else?”

“well, yes, I do really love him.” I answer simply.

“why?”

“Jon, what is this about?”

his eyes narrow at me, “why do you love him?”

oh god, he was jealous. That’s what this was about. “Jon, there’s not something specifically about him that makes me love him. Just like thousands of other guys out there, including you, he’s smart and nice and caring and everything girls look for in a guy.”

“then why him?”

“because something just clicks with us. We work. And I’m not saying that maybe sometime in the future you and I wouldn’t work, but right now it’s him. And until we don’t work anymore, it’s going to stay him.”

Without another word, Jon stands up and leaves the bakery. I sigh and start to head back to the kitchen when the bell rang again, this time though it was Dakota standing at the door.

“hey, what did my brother want?”

“you don’t even want to know.” I mumble.

She smiles and pulls me into a hug, “he’ll get over you one of these days.”

“yeah, whatever you say.”

Dakota laughs, “come on, I came to help on the cake… not that I have as much talent as you do, just because I wanted out of the house. So, anything I can do?” I nod and give her directions on how to make the next batch of frosting.

This was going to be a long four days.
♠ ♠ ♠
three chapters to go.
message.befriend.comment.
please