Sequel: Before You Say I Do

And You're Just What I Need...

Day Three

It was about one am when we drove up to the house. We walked to the door and just as I’m about to say goodnight to Adam the front door opens and I’m pulled through it.

“hi to you too.” I tell Dakota as she drags me up to my room and then tosses me onto my bed.

“so?” she asks, taking a seat on a chair across from me.

“so…? can I just go say goodnight?”

“no, what happened?”

“well, I was fed up being here, so I asked him to take me out early and we went to some bowling alley and played some pool and then ate and then went to this music video festival thingamajig like two hours away and now we’re here.”

“details woman!”

I sigh, “okay, so on the way there he started singing my favorite song by cake, you know, “shirt skirt long jacket” and then he was daring enough to try nachos dipped in a shake.”

"You had him try that?!”

“uh, duh.” I laugh, “and then at the music festival thing we danced and kissed and it was sweet. Can I please go say bye now?!”

“no.”

“and why not?”

“Finn is talking to him.”

“oh.”

"You look exhausted.” She points out.

“I am exhausted. I wasn’t expecting a twelve hour date. Did you realize that, twelve freaking hours!”

“but you still had fun.”

“I did.”

“so we decided on a date.”

“really, when?”

“Saturday, October 16th.”

It was the end of April now so it was about six months away.

“cool. Any specific reason or just a date.”

“it’s the sweetest day according to my calendar.”

I laugh at this, “ that’s a pretty awesome reason to have your wedding then.”

“that’s what I thought. You’ll stay until then, right?”

“right. Adam got me a job so I’m all set.”

“where?”

“Dorias I think.”

“sweet! I love that bakery.”

The door opens and Finn walks in with Adam close behind. “hey, mr.manners, ever heard of knocking?” I ask Finn.

“don’t think I have. Anyways, Dakota, Adam called his parents about the wedding and all and they kind of had this whole deal they want to do.”

Dakota looks at me and then back at Finn. They stare at each other for a moment and I interrupt, “would you guys like to sit down?”

“sure.” Finn pulls my other chair toward him just as Adam reaches for it, so Adam walks over and sits next to me on the bed.

“what’s the deal?” Dakota finally asks, looking at Finn and then Adam.

“well,” Adam starts, “she doesn’t want my sister missing any school, and since you guys chose October 16th, she would be missing at least a week. So basically, she either wants Katelyn to move here for the year or she can’t come to the wedding.”

“but she has to come! She’s one of my bridesmaids!” Dakota complains.

“she can still be a bridesmaid. It’s just, until I can find an apartment I can afford, she’d have to stay here.”

“what do you think Finn?” Dakota looks over at him.

“I’m fine with it,”

“and you Julie?”

“I think it’s a great idea. Not only will she be able to be in the wedding, but she’ll be going to school in a different country. I wish I had gotten that opportunity.”

“over achiever.” She mumbles but I still heard her.

"You’re saying that about the girl who never went to college.” I point out, she shrugs.

“back to the talk though, yes, I think it would be great to have Katelyn here, even if it was for the whole year”

“great, now that that is settled, can I go to bed?!” I ask.

“oh, yeah, sure.” Dakota and Finn get up and then Adam gets up after me.

“I’ll go call your parents Ad.” Finn tells him and then heads downstairs. Dakota goes into her bedroom down the hall, leaving Adam and I at my doorway just like yesterday morning.

It was silent for a few moments until I finally break it, “so, I had a really nice time tonight….last night? Whatever. It was fun.” Adam laughs at my confusion of the time.

“well I guess we’ll have to do it again sometime.”

“I guess we will.” We were about to close the small space between us with a goodnight kiss when we were interrupted by Finn.

“excuse me, but I’m pretty sure you’re not supposed to kiss the girl on the lips until at least the second date.”

Adam stops leaning and my eyes jolt open.

“what the hell Finn?” Adam asks, irritated as was I.

“that’s what you told me.”

“that was in like eighth grade dude!” Adam exclaims.

Finn takes a hold of his arm and drags him away from me. I start laughing since this was such a weird situation. Adam is tossed towards his door and Finn keeps walking to his own bedroom, “oh, and no sleeping in the same bed until four months!” he calls out before closing his door.

Adam rolls his eyes, “goodnight” he says, smiling at me.

I mirror his smile, “goodnight” I reply and quietly close my door behind me.

~~~~~~

I woke up a little at eight and then went back to sleep only to be awoken moments later by a voice.

“I know what you did four years ago” someone whispers in my ear and I jump up, knocking heads with the person who then fell to the ground with a “hmph.”

I look down to the person on my floor, “oh my god! Finn! Are you alright?!” I don’t jump out of bed, but he stands up and then sits on the end of it.

“yeah, I think.”

“so what the hell was that whole whispering in my ear deal anyways?!”

he sighs, “why’d you lie to Dakota yesterday.”

“uh, I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

He pauses and takes out his wallet and then taking out a picture, “this.” He hands me the picture and I take it.

It was a close-up picture in front of the Eiffel tower. I was standing there grinning and Adam was next to me, giving me a kiss on the cheek. Another tourist was taking the picture.

“cute.” I comment, “this is the girl he’s trying to find, right?”

“don’t play dumb with me Julie.” He takes back the picture and slides it into his wallet. "You know I’m studying to be a doctor.”

“yeah, so?”

"You can fool Dakota and Adam, but you can’t fool me. I know it’s you in that picture. I don’t know how Dakota can’t see it but it’s obvious.”

I push back the blankets and walk over to my closet picking out clothes for today.

“all you did was dye your hair blonde and get a tan.”

“and get violet contacts.” I add, “oh, and I went by Skye.”

“yeah, and those. It’s still easy to tell it’s you though.”

“but not to them.” I turn to face him, “please don’t tell them Finn.” I beg.

“I wasn’t planning on it. Just thought you should know I knew who you were.”

“well thanks. Can you go now so that I can change?”

“sure can do.” And then he was gone.

What a weird way to wake up. I toss on a pair of dark skinny jeans, brown boots, and a navy blue semi-low cut sweater/top. Just as I buckle my boots there’s a knock on the door.

“come in!” I yell, walking over to the mirror to get my hair brush. I look at my reflection and then spot Adam in the background of it. “what are you doing?” I ask, turning to face him. He is holding one of those trays to carry food on with waffles and what looks like a cup of hot chocolate.

“date number two” he says simply, setting the tray down on a near by side table and then walking gracefully over to me. I grin from ear to ear once he says that.

“well then, we’ll have to finish what we started.” He leans down then and kisses me shortly on the lips and then pulls back. “that was weak,” I comment.

Adam rolls his eyes, “sorry it didn’t live up to your expectations. Hopefully though, there’ll be more in the future.”

I furrow my eyebrows for a second trying to figure out what he was saying. And then it dawned on me, “are you asking me to be your girlfriend Adam?”

“pretty much.” He replies.

I smile, “stay right here, I need to go do something.” I run out of my room and down the hall to Dakota’s where she was still sleeping. “Kody!” I practically yell at her.

“uh-huh?”

“Adam asked me to be his girlfriend.” That made her jump out of bed.

“oh my god! Seriously!?!?”

“yeah, seriously.”

“what did you say? Okay, every detail.”

“I haven’t answered yet.” I tell her.

“what?! Juliana Skye Richards, are you telling me he is still standing there waiting for an answer??”

“well, yes, I wanted to come gush about it first. I never got to do that before.”

She laughs and hugs me, “we gushed now go lush.”

“that makes no sense at all.”

“just go!”

“okay, okay.” I scurry back down the hall to my room and find Adam standing there in pretty much the exact position as I left him. I have this feeling deep down that something is going to go wrong. But at the moment, for the first time ever, I just didn’t care. I step in front of him and look up into his eyes, “yes.” I answer.