Sequel: Before You Say I Do

And You're Just What I Need...

Night-Day Sixty-One

Adam sat down at my desk while I was on my bed. Ten, fifteen minutes passed before either one of us spoke.

"You know she was joking, right?” I break the ice.

“yeah…” he mumbles.

“look, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. I’m sure we’re both hiding things at the moment…” he interrupts my little speech.

"You’re hiding something?”

my eyes widen, “uh-well-huh-no-eh-I meant-um- that everyone has a secret. Ya know?” wow, smooth Julie, real smooth, he defiantly won’t be suspicious now.

“uh, right.”

“so, back to what you were talking about…”

“right. Um, so Stephanie, the girl Katelyn was talking about…” he trails off.

“yeah, what about her?”

“well, about two and a half years ago she had a kid, and she’s not quite sure, but at least at the time she thought I was the father.”

“did you guys get tests done or something?”

“no…”

“okay, well I’m slightly confused on why you’re so worried about this. I mean, you may or may not be the dad of a two year old, but you don’t know for sure and you’re obviously not in this kids life, so… I guess I don’t know how you want me to react.”

“uh, I was expecting you to freak out.” Haha, ironic that he’s telling me he has a kid, when I know he has a kid, my kid. This other kid though, psh, I could care less.

“Not like I could do anything to change it, so it’s whatever, in the past, not affecting us now. Well, wait, is it affecting our relationship now?”

he smiles, “no, not that I know of.”

“okay, then it’s all good.”

He walks over and sits on the bed with me, “I’m staying in here tonight by the way.”

“four months isn’t up yet.” I remind him, smiling.

“what’s he going to do? Call my parents?”

I raise my eyebrows as if, yes, Finn would call his parents. “okay, well, I doubt he actually will call my parents if he finds out, which he won’t.”

“fine, go change.”

After he left and tossed on my blue tank top and black ‘peace’ shorts and climbed into bed. Adam came in a few minutes later wearing his plaid sleep pants and slid in next to me instantly wrapping his arm around my waist.

I smile and fall into a deep peaceful sleep.