Status: Just a Layout

Catacylsm

An Unexpected Surprise

We were greeted with the warm smell of cookies and apple cider. Teilor only paused to open the door, then rushed to the kitchen and set me on the counter. The kitchen was very nice, with dark marble counter tops and stainless-steel appliances. Teilor grabbed a cup from the cupboard and a package in hot cocoa. Opening it, he poured hot water and gave it. "I'm going to go find some clothes. I think my mom's your size." He took off in the direction we came in.

"One look, and I am sold..." Black Veil Brides sang. Grabbing my phone, I saw it was a text from Mason. can we talk plz? Im sry for lying. What do we need to talk about? You lied to me to get my attention I thought, putting my phone back in my pocket.

Right then, Teilor walked in, holding a pair of dark jeans and a pink cashmere sweater. I must've given him a funny look, because me said “I looked everywhere, but this is the only thing that looked like you.” I snorted. Here I was, wearing green skinny jeans, a POWMIA shirt, beat-up black converse, and here he was, saying a pink cashmere sweater “looked like me”?

Not wanting to be rude, I went to find the closest bathroom. Instead of the bathroom, I went in what I thought was a small hall closet, but happened to be a walk-in one. Pulling on the chain, I looked around. Boxes of pictures were stacked on the shelves, with dates marking them. Forgetting about my clothes, I pulled out the smallest box, which was dated “7/4/07”, and opened it up.

Inside, there were photos. But they were torn. It looked like someone has ripped out a person, because there was the occasional arm and ear still in it. But there was Teilor, another guy with a bunch of piercings, and a woman I assumed was his mother. She had Teilor's hair, but the other guy's eyes. Must be his brother. Weird, he never mentioned a brother before I thought, putting the picture back.

Remembering the clothes, I assumed the painful process of taking off freezing clothes. Realizing he gave me no bra or underwear, I wrung them out the best I could on the clothes I had just taken off and put them back on. My hair, which was soaking wet before, had it's natural curls coming in. Soon I would have an faro. I blame my father's Hispanic side for that.

Opening the door, I stepped out and silently closed the door. I felt like I had just uncovered a very personal secret, and didn't want to get caught. Turning around, I started walking back towards the kitchen. When I got nearby, I could hear two voices. One was Teilor's, and there was another, richer, deeper voice. They seemed to be arguing in Russian.

Peaking around the door frame, I saw it was Teilor and the guy from the photo. Teilor was pacing back and forth, and the other guy seemed like he was about to lose it. His eyes were shooting flames, and he was gripping the counter so tight half his hand was white. All of a sudden, those eyes were looking at me. He coughed. “We have a visitor.” he said, in a heavier accent then Teilors's.

Teilor turn around. His green eyes were full of worry, and his face was glossy, like he was under a lot of pressure and was beginning to crack under it. “Um...where do you want me to put these?” I asked, holding up my sopping wet clothes. Teilor walked over to me and took them, heading towards the door next to the one leading it outside. Opening it, I could see it was a laundry room. Tossing them in the dryer, he said “We'll just stick them in there for right now. Why don't you go in the living room and watch some TV? Until your mom gets off work.”

“Can I crash here? I really don't want to go home.” I asked, walking up and hugging him. His arms wrapped around me for a brief second, then held me out at arm's length. “Sorry, flower, no. I have to leave really early in the morning, and I don't want to wake you up that early.” he said, kissing the top of my head. “But, if you would like, I can call your mother on your phone while you go sleep on the couch.”

“Fine.” I said, setting my phone on the counter. Giving him another brief hug, I headed out of the kitchen. Turning around a coupla corners, and down a few steps, I found the living room. Plush couches, a beanbag, and a large plasma TV awaited me. Heading over to the couch, I saw the door open. I stared at the girl who walked in. It was the girl who Mason said made me look like the Tasmanian Devil.

Karma.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took me so long to post. no internet :(