Status: Active.

Raya Rose: The Opportunist.

Chapter Seven

He sat on the couch impatiently, his foot fidgeting from

Side to side,

Left to right

Side to side

Left to right

He didn’t know why he felt so anxious. There was no reason to feel that way. It was a peaceful evening, the weather had been nice for once and Raya had not bothered him once that day. Of course how could she, she had been too busy getting ready for her “hot” date. Nope, there was no reason for him to feel anxious or somewhat annoyed. Come on, Raya hadn’t even bothered to spare him a glance… isn’t that what he wanted? He wanted to be left alone and today she gave him that, which was excellent…right? Of course it was, he had finally gotten Raya off his back, and it was great. It. Was. Great. He sighed putting his elbows on his knees and his fist under his chin trying to keep his feet from fidgeting.

He sighed; Raya was in the room getting ready. Who the hell was she going out with? Who had she met? She hadn’t been here long and she already had someone after her? He couldn’t help but grind his teeth; did they not know she was already married? Or did they simply not care? He huffed sitting up and crossing his arms, people these days did not have any respect for a man’s wif--- What the hell was he talking about? He was acting as though he was jealous and there was no fucking possible way that he was jealous. Nope, not him.

Raya came out of the room. Jacob’s eyes immediately looked her way. She was humming, which only annoyed him more. She had been doing that all morning, humming, being all giddy and girly. He hated the fact that she was so happy. Not just that she was happy, but that she was happy thinking about another guy. It just wasn’t acceptable. He pinched himself for feeling so damn possessive over her.

“So, Jacob” Raya stood in front of him “How do I look?” she asked smiling and turning around. She wore a black strapless dress that ended just below her knees. It was a simple dress, but she was breathtaking. Her hair was down her natural curls being her only accessories to it. Her legs went on forever. She looked perfect. She was perfect.

Jacob shrugged portraying as though he didn’t care, when all he really wanted to do was get her to the closest room and prevent her from going out.

Raya frowned “Nothing at all? Not even a “you look ok”?”

“I would if I cared enough” he said with a bored expression.

“Well I’m sure my date will love the way I look” she ran her hand through her hair.

Jacob clenched his teeth. Of course her date was going to love the way she looked. Only a blind man would not be able admire her beauty and even then they would be captivated by her charm.

“Who exactly is your date?” Jacob finally got the nerve to ask her.

“Oh you know, a guy” she said removing her hair bangs from her eyes.

“What guy?” he asked irritated.

“Why do you want to know? You said you don’t care enough” she looked at him innocently.

“I- I-I don’t” he stuttered.

“Then stop asking” she turned around and got her purse from the little stand next to the couch.

“Where are you going?” He asked as he saw her go to the door.

“I have a date remember?”

“He’s not even here yet!” I bellowed upset getting up from the couch and following her.
“I know, we’re meeting at a restaurant”

Jacob scoffed “And he couldn’t come pick you up? You sure know how to pick them Raya” he crossed his arms.

“I chose you didn’t I?”

Jacob stayed quiet.

“That’s right, stay quiet” Raya snickered. “Well don’t wait up for me”

“You’re going to go walking?”

“Nope, there is a taxi waiting for me. Now goodbye” she said rushed. “It’s like you’re trying to make me late” she shook her head and shut the door behind her.

He sat back down on the couch his knees bouncing up and down. No he was not going to—he couldn’t—he wouldn’t—he—Damn it! He got up from the couch and was about to open the door when it opened and in came Paul, Embry, and Jared.

“Jacob, my man! How’s it going?” Paul exclaimed “Hoo-wee! Did Raya look damn right pretty tonight!”

“You saw her?”

“We sure did!” Embry piped in throwing himself in the couch “She sure is fox. Where was she heading off so enthusiastically?”

“She has a date” Jacob snarled the last part.

“Whoa there tiger” Jared teased “What’s the matter with you?”

“I think our little Jakey Wakey is jealous” Paul snickered.

“Psh! Yeah right! Me jealous? Come on guys, it’s me you’re talking about. I can have any girl I want and I have proved it.” Jacob said cockily.

“Yeah, but you know what’s weird? The girl you want, you don’t want” Embry sat up on the couch.

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Jacob asked defensively.

“Oh come on Jake! Are you really going to act stupid?” Jared sat next to Embry. “We all know that you have the hots for Raya, you just won’t admit it”

“I do not have the hots for her!”

“Oh please! “Raya this and Raya that”’ Jared mimicked.

“Raya’s hair is so shinny in the sunlight” Embry followed along moving his head as though he had long hair.

“Oh she smells like tropical fruits and sunshine!” Paul joined.

“Shut up!” Jake pushed his pack members. Jake turned around and walked towards the door and opened.

“Where are you going Jake?” Embry called out but Jacob paid him not attention and shut the door.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Paul answered “He’s going to go get his woman”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys!
Holly cow, it has been a long time since I last updated!
And I really want to apologize for that, but I have been really busy with school, and I am almost out and off to college!!
I know this chapter is not the best but I just wanted to get something out so you guys would know I have not forgotten about you all!
So please be patient!
Thank you all for your lovely comments! Please keep them coming! They always bring a smile to my face!

Love always,

icanread29 :)