Every Story Has an Ending; How About a Beginning

.:Catching Up:.

My schedule is okay, nothing I can argue with. All I need to do is find Sam so we can compare and everything will be fine. It was just my first semester:

1st Semester:
01-Mr. Ibouhouten- Rm 107
French~8:30-9:45
02-Mr. Hemsworth- Rm 148
Pre. Cal.~9:55-11:10
LUNCH
11:20-12:00
03-Mr. Born- Rm 123
Fine Art~12:10-1:25
04-Coach Miller- Upper Gym
P.E.~1:35-2:50

I guess I'm gonna have to take my other core classes next semester, which isn't very desirable.

Math is actually kind of fun, but I don't know how well I'll do with French. Sure, I can say bad things about Sam in another language just to mess with him, but still. My friend from 10th grade once told me she tried French and failed the class only three weeks in. I don't know what I'd do if that ever happened to me!

Fine art seems pretty fun and I can be as creative as I want. Now P.E., thats another story. I am not one for sports; or anything athletic for that matter, besides I'll have to go easy so I don't trigger my asthma. The things I can see myself putting effort into running for is food and the restroom, or a great show that's about to come on.

I was at my new-found locker, that just so happens to be on the other side of the school, getting out the textbooks I needed. Thanks, mom, for not giving me a chance to waste time with getting my textbooks and miss out on homework. Why does she have to be so on-point?

I stuffed my big French textbook into my super awesome purple starry-night back-pack, then swung it onto my shoulder and closed my locker, memorizing the location.

I'm so glad the secretary in the office didn't keep me too long and she's actually really nice. I mean, yeah, sure, it's her job, but it's so nice to have a friendly female around here.

My trip from the office all the way to my locker was nothing fun. The secretary held onto Sam because the principle wanted to talk to him, so I was left to take the halls by storm or more like a quiet leaf flowing in the wind.

Unfortunately, my trip was anything but that. Everyone stared at me, everyone! Some guys even tried to strike conversations with me, but I was so nervous and shy that I couldn't say a word and awkwardly walked away! I feel like such an idiot, but I couldn't help myself.

I looked down at my map of the school to try and figure out where my first class was located. Room 107 was two halls down. Ugh! I inwardly groaned. This is so not cool!

I turned down the hall, my face still buried in my schedule and bumped into what seemed like a brick wall, but turned out to be a white button up shirt with a navy-blue tie and black blazer. Oh, look, it's a human that just so happens to be male. And a stranger! Yay! Secretly dying inside...

"Hey, watch where you're going or you might get trampled," he said smiling down at me.

I stood there for a moment, staring into his gorgeous blue eyes, as I inwardly freaked out. My mind blanked for a moment, then I remembered I was still staring at him so I said 'sorry' with a small voice, and quickly walked away.

"Wait," he stopped me, lightly grabbing my arm. I immediately stiffened and prayed to God that I didn't offend him in some way and he didn't want to pummel me or worse... I shivered at the thought.

"How about I escort you to class?" he offered with a genuine smile. I immediately relaxed but became tense again and thought to myself for a moment.

Well, he seems like a nice guy; his smile is kind. Besides, it would be nice to have someone help me through these crazy halls. I guess it wouldn't kill.

"Well," I started quietly, "you're a, um s-stranger." Felt like I was trying to talk with water in my mouth!

He chuckled softly, as if I'd just said something amusing. Then he extended his arm and took my hand.

"My name's Jake, yours?" I blushed at the sudden contact of his skin on mine as my heart beat increased.

"Um, C-Camille is my name. I-I'm new here." I practically choked on my words.

" A cute name for a cute girl. Nice to meet you." A blush erupted all over my face, re-painting the one I could've sworn had vanished. "Your class is the other way, actually." So, I started following him.

We entered the hall with my first class and a thought hit me.

"D-do you even have a class on-on this hall?" Alright, that was a little better.

He took out his schedule and compared it to mine.

"Nah, but it's all good. Wouldn't want anything to happen to the pretty lady," he piped in a British accent.

I blushed madly and ducked my head, mumbling a quiet thank you.

"What's that?" he teased, tilting his ear toward me.

I spoke more loudly this time, and he chuckled at me.

"I'll see you around, then," he said before patting my shoulder and walking away. I blushed again and glanced back at my schedule that he handed back to me.

Room 107! This is it! I so hope Sam is in this class! If not, I swear I'm gonna die!

When I walked into the classroom, all eyes were immediately on me, of course because I'm a girl, the only girl, ha-ha. My face flushed red and I ducked my head to avoid their penetrating gazes.

I glanced at the desks, in search of that familiar face, but got nothing.

Where the heck is my brother?! Oh gawd! He probably got a class change, or we don't have the same class at all! This is gonna be the worst year ever!

I saw an empty desk in the middle of the classroom. The middle! I got a lot of whistles and howls as I made my way over. Some guy even had the nerve to tug at my skirt which made my heart clench in fear and I hurried to my seat.

Gosh! I thought to myself, this is so nerve wrecking. I felt awkward and stupid.

When I sat down and set my bag on the floor beside my desk, I felt large warm hands grip my upper arms and I was forcefully pulled onto the desk behind me and into some guy’s lap. I shrieked loudly as I felt a draft under my skirt. What the hell?! My chest lurched and I felt a strong urge to cry.

"Hey! Let me go!" I whisper-shouted as I wriggled in his hold. The last thing I want to do is have a panic attack in front of everyone on my first day!

He was holding me like a baby almost. One arm was holding up my legs and the other was holding my upper body.

My heart was beating so fast; I was afraid it was going to burst. I was panicking and my mind was blank. My whole body was tingling and shaking with anxiety and I just hoped Sam would come in and save me or at least the teacher!

"Please let me go," I mumbled in a pathetic voice feeling defeated. I couldn't even build up the nerve to look at the mystery person.

The mystery guy's hands tightened on my body and he suddenly got up, carrying me out of the class. I panicked even more, squeezing my eyes shut. I was now on the verge of nearly passing out.

"What the fvck Camille? Don't tell me thats the best you fvcking can do." said a very familiar voice in a very angry tone as I was set on my feet. My breathing stopped and I slowly looked up, relief washing over my face once I saw who it was.

"Brandon!" I was shocked, relieved and baffled at his appearance and so glad that it was him physically handling me instead of some random guy. But he looked pissed beyond belief, which offset my relief and brought back the panic but without anxiety.

"Camille." he said curtly, his anger clearly shown on his face.

Crap.

"Ah, class will be starting soon, I'm sure the teacher should be here any minute." I tried to sound playful but it came out awkward and stiff. He grabbed my arm when I tried to walk by and roughly pulled me down the hall.

"W-where are we going?" I stuttered nervously.

"Somewhere where we can talk."

"But we're going to miss the first half of class!" I tried kind of pleadingly.

He pulled me behind a staircase and pushed me against the shaded wall a little too rough and I winced.

He held my wrists on both sides of the wall next to my shoulders and I could see the anger and frustration in his eyes.

"What the fvck was that back there? You didn't even try to defend yourself!" he berated in a hushed voice.

I turned my head and looked down at the ground, guilt washing over me at his words. "I'm sorry...I was just scared and my mind went blank. I couldn't think!" I defended, finally looking him in the eyes. "I just...I didn't know what to do... I thought Sam would be with me and-"

"I know," he said in a gentle voice, releasing my wrists from his tight hold and pulling me in for a hug. It was comforting and I kind of wanted to cry. These last few days haven't been what I was expecting and my first day was turning out to be horrible, plus I haven't heard from Brandon in four days and he just shows up out of nowhere! And in my first period class for that matter!

Anger made me push away from him and I glared with unshed tears in my eyes. I felt like an emotional wreck.

"And where have you been? I've been texting you everyday, needing my best friend to talk to and I get nothing! For four days! I just found out I had to go to this stupid school the day we moved here, my mom cut my hair, and I had to walk in the hallways by myself! And then you pull that stunt to what? Teach me a lesson? I was so scared. I... I didn't know what would happen" my voice shook at the end and I wiped the few tears that fell, avoiding Brandon's gaze.

He grabbed my face, forcing me to look at him so I glared, sniffling.

"I'm so sorry," the emotion in his eyes was as genuine as it could get and I couldn't help softening my gaze. "It just angered me to see that guy tug your skirt. My initial plan was to surprise you when you came to class but when I saw that, I ticked. Then your reaction set me off even more and I wanted to teach you a lesson as well as send a message to the other guys not to fvck with you. I am sorry that I upset you, though. I really didn't mean to scare you like that."

Sighing, I removed his hands from my face and wrapped my arms around his waist. "I'm just glad you're here." His arms wrapped around my shoulders and I felt him kiss my forehead. I blushed.

"Your hair looks cute, by the way."

"We should get back to class. I'm sure the teacher is wondering where we are." I said, pulling away from him.

"Yeah," he grabbed my hand and started walking me back.

The teacher looked a little miffed but Brandon explained that we were new and got pulled aside by the librarian to fill out ID forms. Mr. Ibouhouten told us to bring back passes next time and dismissed us to our seats.

I sat down with Brandon behind me, and sure enough, no one was staring at me anymore.

The rest of the day went by without any problems and I met a few cool guys with the help of Sam and Brandon, of course. Their names are Derrick Kingston (he seems like a trouble maker and flirted with me more than I felt comfortable with), Jake Kingston (Derricks younger brother (he's the guy from earlier and super sweet), and Dawson (who is really cute and a little shy). I like Dawson the best out of the other two. He also happens to be in every class except first block; we're partners in art class.

The day was finally over and I was standing at the entrance, more like trying to blend into the concrete wall, waiting for my brother to come out so we can walk home together. I seriously just saw him in gym a few minutes ago, including Brandon. Where the hell were they?

Me: Where are you??? I'm all alone at the entrance. Don't feel safe...

A few minutes later, and nothing still.

Me: Sam, seriously! Where are you?

I started to panic. If he doesn't come soon, that means I have to walk home all by myself and I don't know if I can handle that.

"Hey Camille!"

Oh, my gosh! Someone spotted me! And they know my name!! I faced the other direction, acting like something important was on my phone.

A hand on my shoulder made me jump violently and I all but slammed my back against the concrete wall, facing whoever touched me, eyes wide.

I came face to face with Jake, well, face to chest.

"Easy," he comforted, gently placing his hands on my shoulders. "I didn't mean to startle you, it just looked like you didn't hear me."

"Oh, um, sorry, I was trying to get in contact with my brother. I don't know where he is right now and we're supposed to walk home together," I quietly told him. Even if the guy was nice, I still wasn't used to talking to him and he had gorgeous blue eyes that were hard to keep contact with.

"He told me to tell you him and Brandon might be a while. They were called to the principal's office at the last minute and sent me to take you home."

My eyes bugged and I blushed at the thought but then hesitated. I still don't know this guy and after what happened this morning with Brandon, I don't know if it's such a good idea...but then again, both Sam and Brandon sent him to take me home, so clearly he's a trust worthy guy.

"Ah, alright then," I said quietly and started walking.

This might be awkward...