Every Story Has an Ending; How About a Beginning

.:Spider:.

The walk with Jake was quiet, but a nice quiet. Every now and then he would ask me a question like 'what's your favorite color' or 'when's your birthday'. It was really casual and he put me at ease.

"So, which one's your house?" he asked as we turned onto my street.

"Oh, um, it's up there," I said as I pointed at a pale blue two story house. It looked like a fat rectangle.

"You guys got a nice one. My house is on the next street," he commented as he pointed to a street a little ways down.

He walked me all the way up to my door and I turned to face him.

"Thanks," I mumbled shyly as I glanced at his blue eyes. He smiled down and ruffled my hair a little.

"No problem. Can I give you my number?"

I gave him a weird face. Why do I need his number?

He smiled and started explaining. "You know, if something like today happens again and you need someone to take you home and if you need help with homework or just someone to talk to."

Well, he had good reasoning, so why not. I took my galaxy phone out of my backpack and handed it to him. He looked at me when he turned the screen on and saw I didn't have a password. The home screen popped up and I saw my wallpaper, remembering that it was an awful goofy picture of Samantha and I. My eyes bugged and I looked away blushing furiously. Dang it!

I heard the keyboard noises and heard a "Here". Looking back at him, he handed me my phone, smiled and left.

I pulled my key out of my pocket and unlocked the front door.

Right as I walked in, my cellular device rang. I didn't know this number, but I picked up anyway.

"Hello?" I said into the receiver.

"Guess who," a deep voice pitched.

"Umm......Santa?" I questioned blanking as I set my book bag onto the dining room table.

When you walk into my house you're greeted with a short hallway that opens op to the living room, with the bar on left. To the immediate left is the dining room and there's an opening that leads to the kitchen. To the right is another room that we don't really have a use for, so we just call it the coffee room. After that is the living room on the right, then the stairs.

"Really Camille, Santa? That's the nest you got?" he laughed a little.

"Brandon! Where the hell were you guys? I was standing at the gate looking like a loner." I made my way into the kitchen, moving the hanging beads apart so I could get through, and opened the pantry across from the fridge to get some pop tarts.

"We got summoned to the principal's office at the last minute and we left our phones in the locker room. That's why Sam asked Jake to take you home." he explained.

"Well, speaking of my brother, where is he?"

"You tell me." Brandon's voice countered right behind me.

I made a loud startled noise, nearly dropping my phone but dropped the pop tarts. "What the hell Brandon?! How'd you get in the house? How do you know where the house is?" I questioned, then picked up the pop tarts after calming myself.

"The door was unlocked, silly and your brother gave me the address." I squinted my eyes at him in scrutiny, for no reason.

"Why isn't he with you now?" I asked referring back to Sam.

"He had to stay a bit longer."

I sighed, placing the pop tart box on the counter. "Okay."

"Oooh, strawberry; my favorite," I heard his deep voice rumble right next to my ear. I gasped in shock and my heart beat speed up at his proximity. His arms came around me and I felt his warm front against my back as he took the box of pop tarts from my hands and got a pack out for himself. His breath tickled my neck as I sensed him draw closer to my ear.

"Thanks for the treat," he whispered. Something soft touched my ear and I nearly passed out. Oh, my gosh, was that his lips?? Suddenly, the feel of his hard body disappeared and I was greeted with a cold draft. I shivered and let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. My face was on fire too.

I got my pop tarts then put the box away and popped the tarts in the toaster, trying to comprehend what just happened.

"So, are we going to move my stuff out or what?" I heard him drawl from behind.

I turned to give him a crazy look and took in his appearance instead.

His dark jeans had a worn look to them and they made his legs look GREAT and his grey button up shirt was tight against his upper body, bringing out how gorgeously sculpted he really was. Gosh, I don't understand him. Every now and then, before we moved, he would do stuff to me, like what he just did and it confuses me so much. I mean, does he like me or what? He comes onto me, then he goes right back to being friends and it's SO confusing! Ugh!

"Hello? Earth to Camille; are we going or what?"

I snapped out of my daze and focused on his words. "Going where?"

"To my apartment. Remember, we talked about it in gym."

"Oh! Y-yeah, let me change really quick."

"Okay. I'll be in the car," he winked and walked away.

"Cheese and crackers!" I cried out once I heard the door close. He drives me crazy! I wish I could figure him out.

I grabbed my pop tarts that popped out a few minutes before, then rushed out the kitchen and up the stairs, whilst shoving my deliciously hot pop tarts in my mouth. When I walked into my room, I immediately pulled out a white short sleeve t-shirt, a white jacket, loose athletic shorts, and my Nike classic canvas shoes. I checked myself in the bathroom mirror and gave myself a tiny pep talk before running downstairs and very casually exiting the house.

Whenever I'm around him, I always get butterflies in my stomach and that little scene at the house made them worse. What did I expect? It's not like he was actually gonna kiss me or something. He doesn't even like me like that...well, I think. Too bad I can't say the same for myself.

"So, where's your apartment?" I questioned, trying to distract myself from my current thoughts as a blush crept up on my cheeks.

"It's about 5 minutes away," he replied casually, making a right turn.

"Oh..." I replied feeling kinda lost for better words. After a minute of silence, he turned the music on, and we both eventually started singing to One Call Away. I really missed him, and he has an amazing singing voice, not that I would tell him. He would get way too cocky about it.

When we pulled up to his apartment building, there was a U-Haul truck there waiting. He parked the car and I hopped out and immediately got straight to work. I got started on little things, like the trash bags he had full of clothes, or boxes. Brandon opened the door for me every time I walked through the door, hence he wasn't helping at all, so I put a trash can at the door to hold it.

He mock scowled at me and I laughed at him.

It was really hard getting the couch through the door, especially when I kept nearly dropping it, but we managed.

The bed was the last big thing we moved. There was already a fridge and other things like the washer and dryer machine. After that, we put all his dishes in the cabinets, hooked up the cable for the living room, then started working on his room. While doing so, he told me this really funny joke that had me choking on air. I thought I was going to need my inhaler.

I was working on the stupid cords and wires for his TV and cable, hooking them up and plugging them in, which is a huge pain because I was on my knees straining to reach behind the TV stand. Honestly, why couldn't he push this in after the cords were set up.

"I don't wanna do this anymore!" I whined. "My back hurts!"

"Keep working, young lady! As long as you live under my roof, you do what I tell you to do!" I scoffed at him and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, sure thing mom." I was putting the last few cords in when a spider came out of nowhere. It was all big and hairy with a huge ass! It was hanging from the stand where I was working and I freaked! I tried to back up out from under the desk, but Brandon slapped my butt and told me he was done and it made me jolt forward causing the spider's web to get stuck on my face and then I felt the huge spider on my nose and it's web everywhere. I screamed, spazzing out immensely and it ended with me banging my head on the table thing really hard when I tried to get out from under it and I blacked out.