Status: Active!

Welcome to Hell

Intro: Benedikte and Kirsten

1995

“Benedikte I cannot handle the scene anymore. Gry and Alva are already gone. I cannot stay in this band anymore.” Kirsten yelled to Benedikte.

“Kirsten we can release one more album and then quit.”

“No, no more. You always say one more album but it never ends. If you ever step out of your fantasy world and understand what is really important, then come find me.”

I stood there stunned as she left and slammed the door shut. How the hell did I manage to lose my best friend, band, and sanity all at one time?

1984

I had just turned fourteen and I went to a concert with my cousin Sophia. It was a band named Bathory from Sweden she told me. The band walked onstage and I had never seen anyone like them.

The guitarist/singer was skinny with muscular arms, strong abs, and spikes on his arms. His hair was long to his mid-back, black, and a little frizzed from the humidity in the room. The drummer had the same hair but only to his shoulders. He was a bit bigger than the singer but still muscular. Lastly the bass player had light blonde hair. His hair was past his shoulders and straight. He had muscular arms like the singer but bigger shoulders.

The guitar hummed to life and the drummer started with a heavy beat. The minute I heard the singer’s voice I was amazed. It was almost inhuman but enticing.

At the end of the concert my ears were ringing while my eyes were still mesmerized.

“Sophia where did you find this band,” I asked perplexed.

“What do you mean? You have a lot to learn little one.” My twenty years old cousin teased.

So I saw Bathory for my birthday on April fifth. Every weekend I went to Sophia’s to listen to new bands. I took a liking to Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Mercyful Fate. Not much later I was into Black Metal, Thrash, and the New Wave of British Heavy Metal (NWOBHM).

At fifteen I met my best friend Kirsten. I drifted apart from my other friends when I became immersed into the metal scene. I was glad to find someone with the same interest as me. We dressed in darker colors, wore underground band t-shirts purchased at concerts, and most people thought we were freaks.

In late 1985 Kirsten and I realized that both of us played instruments and I could sing. We decided to start a black metal band.

“Benedikte I have a preposition. Would you like to start a band with me?” She asked.

The question brought me to the first time I learned a song on bass and sang along with Bathory’s frontman Quorthon. I learned the bass line to the song “Smoke on the Water” and the voice by screaming along to metal albums.

“Well I would love that but we have to get some other people to be in our band.”

“Yeah but let’s get some songs together and get others when it comes to it.”

By age sixteen we had songs written; drum, bass, and vocals recorded; and it was time for us to find others to play music with us.

“So Kirsten what did you have to tell me.” I said walking into her house in January 1986.

“I found some girls to play music with us. They live a small amount of time away from us and they both play guitar.”

“That sounds great and…” I was interrupted by her twin brothers coming into the room.

“Kirsten can you come play with us?” They asked her.

Kirsten was very close to her younger brothers. She always had time for them even when we were working on things.

“Sure but Benedikte has to come too.”

“Of course,” they both agreed.

They had grown on me a bit since I had a younger sibling too.

We walked pass her 17 year old sisters’ room.

“Elisa do you want to play with Benedikte, Joshua, Jason, and I,” Kirsten inquired.

“Not really,” she said not bothering to look up from her magazine.

Elisa and Kirsten were not close. Elisa was girly and did not approve of Kirsten’s music or actions.

When I finally got back home I was exhausted. My sister rushed to the door to greet me. She was ten and liked to copy certain things I did.

“Benedikte what did you do today?” She asked.

I told her everything like I always do and rushed up to go to bed. I hated having a two story house. I was always exhausted going up the stairs.

My parents had long gone to bed even though it was only ten o’clock. Once in my room I lit a cigarette. No one but Kirsten knew I smoked but it always calms me down. Once I was done I lie down and fell asleep quickly. I knew tomorrow was going to be a long day.

The next day after school I met our new band mates and was not expecting the two girls I saw standing in front of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a new story. I hope everyone enjoys it and gives me some positive feedback.