Status: Active!

Welcome to Hell

Germany Kills

During the next week Necrobutcher came to the house. He had good news because he had booked four shows in Germany and one in Turkey.

“So I got us a gig in a small club which is something we’ve done before, but one of the gigs is a little… different.” Necrobutcher said.

“What does that mean?” Gry said arching an eyebrow.

“A friend of mine got us a gig at a Christian radio station, but I could only book Mayhem.”

“Well that’s… okay, but a Christian radio station.” Kirsten said sounding confused and intrigued.

“Yeah but it will be great. The last one in Germany is in Leipzig. The Leipzig people even offered to record that gig.” Necrobutcher explained.

That night was spent rehearsing and Dead explained the lyrics to his new songs that they had been practicing. They were finally adding lyrics to the music.

“Whatcha doodling,” Benedikte asked Dead.

They had finished rehearsing for the night and Dead was scribbling away.

“I was drawing something for you.” Per said.

“Really thanks; I’ve always loved your drawings.”

“Really,” Per said like he didn’t believe her.

“Pelle look at me,” Benedikte said to him.

His gaze met hers and she placed her hands gently on his face.

“I love and admire everything you do. Your lyrics are amazing and the stories behind them are even better. Your drawings are great and I’m surprised you’ve never tried to get them into a gallery or something. I hate how you never believe me.” Benedikte explained exasperated.

She started to walk away and Pelle grabbed her arm lightly.

“I know Benedikte. I believe you when I finally look in your eyes. When I watch you pour over my lyrics and my drawings. I’m glad to have you in my life.” Pelle said as she turned to look at him.

They stood there and before she knew it Benedikte leaned forward and kissed Per. Her hands went around his neck. He instinctively pulled her body to his. He was relishing the taste of her lips and the warmth of her body against his. Then suddenly Benedikte pulled away suddenly and started apologizing.

“I’m sorry Pelle, I shouldn’t have done that. I’m just sorry.” Benedikte said with tears spilling from her eyes.

Benedikte ran up the stairs and Per followed her with his drawings in hand.

He walked into his room where Benedikte was sitting on the bed crying her eyes out with her back to the door.

“It’s okay, you don’t need to apologize.” He said sitting next to her.

“Per it’s just that I’m in love with you. I don’t even know if you feel the same way.”

“I feel the same way it’s just that I’ve never been in love before. I still feel the way I’ve always felt. I still have the want to be around death and I still have the feeling I’m not a human but your kiss was so passionate.” Pelle told her laying his head on her shoulders.

“I know and thank you Per, it’s good to know someone is finally on the same page I am. I’ve never had someone reciprocate my feelings before.” Benedikte said hugging him.

“I brought the pictures I drew for you.”

His pictures included a drawing of Garfield and Odie in a graveyard. Per hated cats but he knew how much Benedikte enjoyed the Garfield drawings in Metalion’s Slayer fanzine. He also drew a Transylvanian castle and some more random doodles.

The next day they started their trek to Germany. Alva made sure everyone had an assigned group.

Groups

Group 1: Kirsten, Benedikte, Dead, and Hellhammer
Group 2: Alva, Gry, Necrobutcher, and Euronymous

“Hey Hellhammer, are you sure we have everything? I feel like there is something missing.” Benedikte asked Jan when they got to the venue.

“I’m sure Miss B, everything’s here. Relax,” he said and massaged her shoulders.

Hellhammer started calling Benedikte Miss B because they started talking more on the way to Germany. It seemed like Kirsten wanted to talk to Dead more. Kirsten was trying to understand many things about Dead. Benedikte and Hellhammer had many things in common including how they felt about the scene and how much they enjoyed the company of Dead. It was almost time for them to get ready.

The girls and Dead in one room and the other guys in another, Euronymous started wearing corpse paint and was currently working on perfecting it.

The girls were about to go onstage and Dead grabbed Benedikte.

“Hey Benedikte, I wanted you to wear this tonight for luck.” Dead said.

He held out the necklace he had made from bird bones. Before Benedikte would have shied away from it but now it was like good karma. Dead put it on her, wished her luck, and let her go.

The Queens ov Hell really set the room ablaze. It was the loudest roar that the girls had ever heard.

By the time Mayhem hit the stage the crowd was pumped. As Dead slashed his arm with cut off Coke bottle he held it over the crowd. Everyone noticed his wound was too deep and drug him off stage.

“Oh my Pelle, what the hell,” Benedikte said.

They pulled him into a room his blood still spraying all over the place. As Benedikte kept cooing over Dead, he leaned over to tell her something.

“It’s okay Benedikte I’ll be fine.” Dead said.

The people working the concert hall taped up his arm with electrical tape. After that he walked right back on stage. Mayhem performed their last song. Afterwards he staggered off the stage. He was woozy after losing so much blood.

Benedikte walked away with Hellhammer while Dead staggered off to talk to an interviewer.

“So do you have any ideas for future shows? Do you think you can outdo yourself?” The interviewer asked.

“Well I’ve always wanted to have mutilated heads. Pigs or some other kinds, to suit the places we’re playing at. I’ve always wanted to imitate Transylvanian landscapes with stage equipment, torture devices from the first century, real dead trees from a dead forest, and spotlights to paint dark colors of dusk and moonlight.” Dead answered.

“I also wanted to have animal heads and human heads hanging from meat hooks hung on the dead trees. The heads would have huge screws in their eyes. It will be expensive but must be portable. Maybe even a highly tuned kitchen saw that cuts faster than I can control it. If we can do that it will surpass any of our other shows.” Dead finished his answer.

Alva came up behind him and threw her arms around him.

“Come on Dead we have to leave.”Alva grabbed his arm and dragged him from the interview.

“Benedikte, Kirsten come on lets go.” Alva called dragging Dead with her.

They all clambered into the car that already held everyone else.

***


The next gig went well but when they got to the gig at the radio station everything went awry.

“Alright we go to the station later tonight. They don’t allow alcohol; they have a vendetta against it.” Necrobutcher told us.

“I mean it Euronymous, none, got it?” Necrobutcher asked.

“Alright,” Euronymous agreed.

“Come on let’s have some fun while we’re here.” Gry said.

Group one made their way through downtown visiting all the shops and bakeries. While group two visited some friends that were staying in Germany for a few weeks. One of the friends slyly slipped Euronymous some of the banned alcohol.

Euronymous walked up to the guys and girls outside the radio station. Necrobutcher was currently inside talking to the manager.

“I grabbed some of this from a friend.” Euronymous said pulling out the alcohol bottle.

Euronymous took another gulp and lead everyone else inside.

When they all walked inside Euronymous was smashed. So he walked inside wavy the half empty bottle around

“Hello everybody, we’re Mayhem and we play black metal.” Euronymous screamed loudly.

“Yes Euronymous, we know come on let’s get you outside.” Kirsten said calmly.

She knew she had to get him out of there. Everyone’s jaw hit the floor at his outburst.

Outside Kirsten sat Euronymous down.

“Are you okay, Euronymous?” Kirsten asked.

“You know what Kirsten,” Euronymous slurred. “I love you, I hate society but I love you. Dead hates me, I’m awful to him. I hope Benedikte and Dead forgive me for everything.” Euronymous rambled on.

“Euronymous,” Kirsten said turning his gaze to hers. “It will be okay, and I’m sure Benedikte and Dead will forgive you.” Kirsten said.

She sat with him in the car until everyone made it back outside.