Status: Active!

Welcome to Hell

Meeting Alva and Gry

The first girl that walked in was named Alva. Her name was perfect because it meant elf and that is exactly what she embodied. She had elven facial features and was tall and thin. She had a bohemian style wearing a long, leaf green dress, a black cloak, and brown clogs. She had hair like autumn leaves, eyes the color of the sky, and pale unblemished skin.

The second girls name was Gry. She had red hair that shined like the first moments of dawn and also her namesake. She was a total contrast to her best friend. She wore a ripped up Venom shirt, a long leather coat, black jeans, and combat boots. She had a septum piercing. Her blue eyes were soft and her hair lay gently against her lower back.

We first had them play the song they had prepared. After we were satisfied with their job we played our original pieces. After playing together I spoke up.

“Wow that was amazing. I really feel like we have the right chemistry. Would you like to join our band?”

“I think I speak for both of us when I say yes.” Gry said. Alva shook her head in agreement and it was settled.

Gry informed us that Alva had just moved in with her and that the family would gladly let us use their house. Kirsten and my mom were not too fond of our music and use of their home for a practice space.

Months passed and we worked on our demo tape, worked hard at school, and kept working on finding our first gig.

“Kirsten guess what.” Benedikte said excitedly the last day of school.

“Calm down bouncy, what is it?” Kirsten asked.

“I got us an audition to play at this club called Unst. It’s a new club and they need a band to play. We are one of the five bands to audition. We will be told after everyone has played. Hopefully we’ll get it.” Benedikte explained.

In Benedikte’s mind this was the best thing that could happen. Kirsten had a different idea. The band wasn’t supposed to get big or anything. Even though it was just an audition and a club show it still excited and frightened Kirsten. Benedikte was sure that they would get the gig, but Kirsten wasn’t sure.

The other band members seemed to be happy and okay with it. At some point the time would come and Kirsten would have to be ready.

The day of the audition the girls dressed in what would later become their stage personas. They made sure every detail was exactly the way they wanted. To the dismay of the band everyone was either a glam band or pop band. The girls stood out with their dark colored instruments, varying styles of clothing, and unsmiling faces.

They stepped onstage and Kirsten felt surer of herself.

There was sea of faces watching and hoping the girls will mess up. They all looked to each other smiling and nodding. They quickly launched into their first song.

The guitars distortion rang out into the sparsely populated room. The sound of the drums rose to match the intensity. The minute Benedikte’s first note came out the audience cringed. Even though it was only an audition the performance lived up to gig perfection. Benedikte sang louder and played bass furiously.

When they were done the other bands looked at them curiously and some looked frightened. The girls knew they had grabbed the gig.

The girls were going to be the first live band to play at this new club. The other bands would play in the order the club owners decided on. The band would soon be on their way to an underground sensation.