Status: Active!

Welcome to Hell

Don’t You Cry

Hellhammer and Benedikte spent the day outside. They just walked and reminisced about Pelle. Benedikte was still a little upset and her eyes would sometimes well up with tears. By the time they got home Necrobutcher was there with Kirsten.

“Hey Jørn, what are you doing here?” Hellhammer asked.

“I came by to see how Benedikte is doing.”

“I’m fine but is there any other reason for your visit?” Benedikte inquired.

“Well there is two things. Euronymous told me about the photos he took. I told him to get rid of them but he told me no. So right now I want no contact with him and I’m out of Mayhem. The other thing is Pelle’s brother contacted me. We talked for a minute and I mentioned you. He wanted you to call him.” Necrobutcher said handing her the number.

“Oh okay, well I guess I should go inside and call him.”

Benedikte hugged Jørn and walked into the house.

She dialed the number with shaking fingers. It took a couple of rings until he picked up.

“Hello,” a deep voice sounded from the receiver.

“Hey this is Benedikte; Jørn said you wanted to talk to me.”

***


Euronymous

After his talk with Necrobutcher he started sending photocopied pictures and skull fragments out.

He sent them to It from Abruptum and sent skull fragments to Morgan from Marduk. He also sent pictures to Warmaster Records in Columbia. He included a note about what the pictures were intended for.

He then called Metalion and Occultus to tell them what happened.

Metalion and Occultus

When Metalion and Occultus showed up to the house they wondered why they were there.

“Euronymous why did you call us, Hellhammer told us what happened.” Metalion asked.

“Well the lease on the house is almost up. So I need help packing and I was hoping you two could clean Pelle’s room. The ambulance didn’t do a very good job.”

“Oh Euronymous I don’t know. It’s-” Occultus stared.

“Sure Euronymous,” Metalion said elbowing Occultus and cutting him short. Metalion quickly dragged Occultus upstairs.

“What was that for Metalion?” Occultus asked.

“Well I got a call from Necrobutcher and he told me about the pictures Euronymous took of Pelle. He figured it was his way of coping because he saw his friend dead. So I’m sure being in that room would bring back bad memories. Come on, Hellhammer assured me that they got everything of value. He gave them to Benedikte because of her close relationship with Pelle. So let’s just clean and get it over with.”

So Metalion and Occultus set to cleaning blood off the walls and picking up skull fragments from the room of their dead friend.

***


After two hours Benedikte walked into the living room. Kirsten and Hellhammer turned to look at her.

“What did he say.” Kirsten said, seeing Benedikte’s blank stare.

“Well he asked me to attend the funeral and I accepted. He also wanted me to sing a song during the service. So after I got off the phone I wrote a song and I’m gonna perform it.” Benedikte answered.

“Oh good, I think. I’ll loan you my acoustic if you want it.” Kirsten said.

“Thanks,” Benedikte answered blankly.

Kirsten hoped that Benedikte would be okay. She had to be at a funeral and perform at it. It would be particularly hard for her because of how close they were. Kirsten hoped it wouldn’t hurt her more.

Benedikte sat in bed that night and was thinking. The funeral would be Wednesday of this week. Necrobutcher promised her he would take her there with him. Benedikte was glad but also frightened at the thought. What would everyone think of them? It would be one of the hardest things she would have to do.

***


On the day of the funeral Benedikte gathered all her courage and walked inside. Necrobutcher slipped his hand into her and squeezed. The first person to greet them was Per’s brother.

“You must be Benedikte and Jørn. I’m so glad you could make it.” He said somberly.

“I’m so sorry for your lost, I can only imagine what it’s like to lose a brother.” She said sadly.

“Thank you for coming, set your guitar over there and come meet the rest of the family and friends.”

Benedikte met the family and condolences were exchanged. When Benedikte and Jørn sat down a disquieting feeling fell over them.

One of Pelle’s uncles started a normal conversation up and then had the audacity to ask Benedikte how Pelle got a hold of the gun.

“You’re really going to ask me that question. I loved Pelle and he was my whole world. The week before he died he told me to go home and see my family. If I had been there I could have stopped it. I feel like it’s my entire fault and that you could ask me that… ” Benedikte said trailing off.

She couldn’t even finish before she broke down crying. Jørn held her close to him until her sobs lessened. He kept his arm around her until she was called up for her part of the ceremony.

“I’m here as one of Pelle’s few friends from Norway. I am deeply saddened because of the circumstances and I was very close to him. Here’s a song I wrote to sing to you today.” Benedikte said. She then started the song.

Little by little
I've come to this point
On my own, I've been searching my way
I lost you so early
The days went so fast

A song to remember
A song to forget
You’ll never know how I tried

To make you proud
And to honor your name but
You never told me goodbye
Now that you are gone
Casting shadows from the past
You and all the memories will last

Don’t you cry?
Or suffer over me
I will be waiting for you
Don’t you cry?
Angels never fade away
I'll be watching over you
See you through

It’s been so hard and
I'm feeling you still
Could it be you were there all along?
A time to surrender
A time to forgive
With solace, I give you this song

Now that you are gone
Casting shadows from the past
In my dreams, I hear your voice at last

I can see you tonight
In the pale winter light
I’ll see you again
Our close bonds will never end
*

She ended the song with tears trailing down her cheeks. “I’ll never forget you.” She whispered.

At the end of the service they followed the funeral procession and finally laid him to rest. When everyone had gone Benedikte stayed at the gravestone for a second. Jørn waited at the edge of the cemetery.

Benedikte got to her knees and started talking.

“Pelle I’m sorry it had to end this way. I just wanted you to know that I love you and always will. I’ll never forget the time and the memories we shared. I’ll forever love you.” She kissed her fingers and pressed them on the gravestone.

She walked away as the sun came out and bathed the whole cemetery in beautiful light. She knew Pelle would always watch over her.
♠ ♠ ♠
*The song on here is “Don’t You Cry” by Kamelot. I changed, I think two lines to better fit the story.