Status: Active!

Welcome to Hell

Back in Business

It was strange to go back to working on new music. Benedikte had written some lyrics but it was interesting to go back to rehearsing. She still felt some pain in her back but it was bearable.

“Hey girls, I’m back.” She said entering the rehearsal space.

“Oh my god, I’m so glad you’re better. We’ve missed you. We’re ready to start working on the vocals.” Gry said smiling.

“I’m ready let’s get started.” Benedikte said grabbing her bass.

The girls played through the music they had written. Benedikte was able to tweak the melodies to go perfectly with her lyrics. It felt natural to get back to rehearsals it was like they had never left.

It was late November of 1991 when the girls started the band back up. By January the Burzum promo tape had been released. Varg and Euronymous were spending time at Bergen’s Grieghallen Studios recording the Burzum LP. It was hard with Euronymous being away from the store for long periods. More and more people from all over the world were coming to check out Helvete.

On Benedikte’s day to work the phone rang which didn’t happen very often.

“Hello this is Helvete, how can I help you.”

“Hey Benedikte its Euronymous how are things going,” he asked.

“Great a good amount of customers today, what’s going on with you?”

“Well I was able to get that distributor so we should be getting more records soon. I wanted to update you were almost done recording. Eirik and Varg are finishing up and I got them to credit me with some producing. I’ll be back by tomorrow morning. Make sure that Snorre makes it to work on time tomorrow.” Euronymous said.

“I’ve already talked to him and I’m glad you’re coming back tomorrow. It’s just not the same without you.”

“Thanks little one, I’m glad you’re there to handle everything. See you tomorrow bye.” Euronymous replied.

“Bye,” Benedikte said and hung up the phone.

“Hey beautiful, how is it going?” Benedikte heard someone say from behind her.

“Jan I’m so glad you came.” Benedikte said hugging him.

“Of course I’d be here to help my girlfriend run this crazy place.” He said smiling and then giving her a kiss.

“Benedikte do you have any drinks still stashed away that I could have,” Samoth asked.

He was living in Helvete like Faust and was always asking Benedikte random questions.

“Yeah you know where they are help yourself.” She said.

She had to keep her drinks hidden because everyone else would steal them from the refrigerator.

After Samoth made his exit Benedikte called Kirsten down to help clean up. So Jan, Benedikte, and Kirsten got the shop back in order for Euronymous’ return. That night Jan and Benedikte went out. Kirsten stayed at home hanging with the boys Faust and Samoth.

When Euronymous and Varg returned the girls were glad to see them. Gry and Alva were always at the store to hang out or rehearse so they were there. When the boys came back they had an older woman with them.

“Alva, Gry, Benedikte, and Kirsten this is my mother Helene. Mother these are my friends and my girlfriend.”

“Nice to meet you girls, it’s so nice to see some of Varg’s friends. I’ve heard so much about you Kirsten. He has been talking nonstop about you.”

“It’s nice to meet you Miss Vikernes. Come on I’ll show you around the store.”

While Kirsten walked away Benedikte noticed Gry and Euronymous speaking intently. They walked into Euronymous’ room and disappeared.

“Sweetie what are you looking so intently at.” Jan asked.

“I don’t know Gry just ran off with Euronymous.” Benedikte said perplexed.

“Oh I guess she didn’t tell you, they’re kind of an item now. Gry went to yell to him about what he did to you. He apologized and admitted he liked her. He was just with Kirsten when he first fell for her so they’ve been talking on the phone while he’s been away and they’re together now.” Jan explained.

“Weird I thought he was still hung up on Kirsten, well I guess it’s time to close for tonight.”

“Yeah come on now let’s get up to bed.” Jan said kissing her roughly.

***


Varg loaned Euronymous some money to manufacture the new album. It was March when the album was released. The girls had finished recording theirs and they used their money to release their album under Deathlike Silence Productions. It was an interesting couple of weeks. The first Burzum pressing sold out and the girl’s album was selling well also.

“Ugh I’m so frustrated.” Varg yelled as he stormed into girl’s room.

Kirsten and Benedikte were in there checking out some new releases to play in the store.

Benedikte stopped the record while Kirsten tried to calm Varg down.

“Breathe Varg, calm down sweetie. Now what the hell are you so mad about.” She said soothingly.

“Well you know the first pressing of the album sold out. Well now I’m probably not gonna get my money back from Euronymous. He just told me that it would be a little while longer before I can get my money back. I’m just so mad at him right now.”

“Varg I’m sure he’ll pay you back. Just give him some time, things are just a little hectic with the store right now.” Benedikte reasoned.

“I guess so but I just don’t want to see all my money disappear.” Varg said exasperated.

Kirsten hugged him while Varg was still fuming. He would get Euronymous back someday. He just wasn’t sure when that day would come but that it would come.

Benedikte decided to do some digging after Varg’s outburst. She went to ask Euronymous about it.

“Euronymous why haven’t you paid Varg back?” She asked coming into his room.

“Well I know his album sold out already but I had to get some more records. I’ll pay him back soon once we sell some more albums. I was hoping to talk to you about something. I’ve been sending some letters back and forth with Attila. I was thinking of asking him to sing for us.” Euronymous said.

“Yes, a million times yes. One time I talked to Dead and he said that if he left the band he would want Attila to take over. It’s like someone’s been looking out for us.”

“Well I’m glad you said yes because I was going to do it. I just knew I had to ask you first.” Euronymous said.

Benedikte hugged him and went to go tell the others the good news.

In the weeks that followed she hung out with Faust, Samoth, and Fenriz when she wasn’t with Hellhammer. They all were becoming good friends. She kept sending letters to Morgan and Metalion. Varg and Euronymous fought a lot but it couldn’t sour Benedikte’s good mood. She hoped it would last for some time.