Status: Active!

Welcome to Hell

June 10th, 1987-The Day of Their First Show

Alva


Alva woke up with the sun streaming through the window warming her face. When she looked up she noticed it was the day of the show. Once she was dressed she picked up her guitar.

Holding her guitar brought back the memories of the first day she got it.

Alva got a summer job because she saw a guitar in the window of a pawn shop. She wanted so badly to get it but since her dad left. Her mom had trouble raising Alva with the lack of money. Since dad had another family she guessed he didn’t have time to help. She finished her last job of the day and ran to get home before dinnertime.

When Alva arrived home her mom was waiting at the door when she came in.

“I have a surprise for you.” Her mom said holding something behind her back.

“What is it momma?” She asked excitedly.

When her mom revealed the gift Alva’s heart skipped a beat. It was the guitar she saw in the window.

“Mom how did you-.”

“Alva I saved up and I bought you it. I know it’s a week before your birthday but I was ready to get it.”

“Mom you have to let me give you all my lawn mowing money. I won’t take no for an answer.”

“But Alva I,” she started.

“No mom I’m giving it to you.”

When I finally got her to take the money I set my sights on learning how to play and make her proud.


Alva started to practice her songs. She always thought about her mom when playing.

She was so upset after her mother died and she was sent to live with her father. The only good thing about living there was her half siblings. When she wasn’t doing chores for her stepmother she played her guitar to bring back the happy memories of her mother.

Two years later Alva was sixteen and fed up and Gry took her in. Without her Alva would not be here now.

Gry


Gry woke up to the soft sound of Alva’s acoustic guitar. Her mother bought her that guitar. Gry had bought her electric but she only used it for shows and practicing with the band. Thinking about Alva brought memories about her parents. When they emigrated from Ireland to Sweden it was for Gry. Her parents would do anything for her like Alva’s.

The day her parents died was the worst day of her life. Instead of living with an awful people like Alva, Gry’s aunt took her in.

They encouraged her brother to do well playing football and Gry in her piano playing. When she finally begged to switch to guitar her family backed her one hundred percent.

She started practicing for their show later that night also. She tried warming up with a song she wrote about her parents but she started crying. When she thought about her parents again she couldn’t play without crying.

When Gry and Alva got to Kirsten’s place it was five o’clock.

“Okay girls tonight we are going to record this show for our demo.” Benedikte explained.

“So we really need to practice and get into fighting shape.” Kirsten finished.

They made their way to the club. The owner was going to set it up so that they could record it. He also told them they could practice at the club to get everything up to par. When the girls arrived and checked all the setup already done they knew they would have the best sound even with the small amount of setup.

The sound check went great and all the songs worked out tremendously. When the club opened at 10pm the girls were ready. The crowd wasn’t what the girls were expecting. Everyone was in all black with leather. In the sea of band shirts they noticed Bathory, Mercyful Fate, and Venom shirts. It was the crowd they had been waiting for.

“Hello Oslo, we’re the Queens ov Hell.” Benedikte shouted.

The introduced their first song and ripped into perfectly.

At the end of the show they we’re all sweaty and pumped up. The girls knew this was what they were meant to do.

“Wow that was so fun. Benedikte you slayed up there,” Gry exclaimed happily.

“Thanks Kirsten you hit every beat right on time.” Benedikte gushed.

“I was so scared up there I’m so glad I didn’t mess up.” Alva said shaking slightly.

So many guys offered to pay for the girls drinks. None of them drank so they ended up chatting with them. After the live band they played music over the loud speaker. Alva met a beautiful girl that she ended up leaving with. All the other girls were just having fun dancing and meeting guys.

At the end of the night they all stayed over at Gry’s house. When they got there Alva and the girl she met was on the couch asleep. Gry covered them and led Kirsten and Benedikte to the guest room.

Alva woke up the next morning and saw the girl next to her. She instantly remembered they sat up and talked until they both fell asleep. Alva never told the others about her being gay but she knew it was now time. She never came out to her family for fear of rejection but her new family would understand.

She woke the girl up and they started to make breakfast. She and the girl, whose name was Kylee, talked about everything. They had similar backgrounds only Kylee’s mom was still married. Kylee’s parents acted like Alva’s father and his new wife. They were so similar and got along great.

Kirsten, Benedikte, and Gry woke up to the smell of food. They got to the kitchen at the same time. They saw plates ready and Alva and that girl eating.

“Hey Alva, did you make this?” Benedikte said.

“Yeah, oh and girls this is Kylee. Kylee this is Benedikte, Kirsten and Gry.” She introduced them all.

When all the girls sat down Alva spoke up.

“I have to tell you all something. I’m gay. I never told anybody for fear of being judged. I trust you all, not just Gry, and I’m finally ready.”

“That’s great Alva that you trust us. I’m bisexual so I know a little about the fear of telling people.” Benedikte reassured her.

“Alright now that we all have gotten a little closer we need to talk about our next move.” Kirsten said.

The next couple of months would move very fast for all the girls. The changes would rock the world of the girls and their band.