Status: Active!

Welcome to Hell

Seasons in the Sun

A week after the band had left to record Euronymous called Benedikte. He wanted to close down the shop at the urging of his parents. So Benedikte closed the shop in Euronymous’ absence.

Benedikte and Kirsten moved into Hellhammer’s house because they had nowhere else to go. The next day the girls got a call at the house.

“Hello,” Benedikte said into the receiver.

“Hey babe it’s me. How is everything going at the house?” Hellhammer’s voice said from the other side.

“Good, how is the album going? I hope Euronymous and Varg haven’t been causing too much trouble.” Benedikte said giggling and twirling her hair.

“Fine but we were wondering if you and Kirsten would like to come down. Watch us record. I also think you’d be a good mediator between the boys.”

“Alright that sounds awesome. You’re in Bergen right, at Grieg Hall.”

“Yeah we are I’ll see you both when you get here. I love you,” Hellhammer said.

“Love you too, see you later.” Benedikte said.

Benedikte hung up the phone and yelled down the hall, “Kirsten get packed we’re going to Bergen.”

***


Once they entered Bergen they drove straight to the recording studio. It was growing late by the time they arrived. It was a large building that housed the Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra. When we finally found the room they were already arguing.

“Good God you are already fighting. What the hell is going on?” Benedikte asked.

“Well for some reason Attila thinks he’s singing this song right but it’s totally wrong.” Euronymous whined.

“Well since its Dead’s songs, I wanna hear it. I will tell you how it should sound. Pelle was my friend and I knew him best.” Benedikte said, staring at Euronymous the whole time she spoke.

Benedikte listened intently to Attila. She had her eyes closed and tapped her foot.

After he was done, Benedikte’s eyes fluttered open; she looked Attila straight in the face and said, “That was just how it should sound. You have this operatic quality so it doesn’t have to be as harsh.” Benedikte stated.

“Okay great Attila sounds amazing and we can stop fighting, so can we finally go to bed.” Kirsten said sardonically and then yawned.

They all just slept in the studio. It was too expensive to get a hotel.

The next day Snorre Ruch arrived to work on finishing some of Dead’s lyrics and riffs. Benedikte looked over each lyric and worked with Attila. He was a very good vocalist and didn’t need much coaching. The producer Eirik Hundvin was a nice guy who had worked with Varg and Euronymous before.

“Okay guys before lunch I wanted you guys to play through “From the Dark Past” again. It was pretty good last time but keep it a little tighter this time.” Eirik said.

After they finished the song everybody went to lunch. Benedikte stopped Snorre before they left.

“Why’d you use the riff to “Lovely Children” on “From the Dark Past”?” Benedikte asked while raising an eyebrow.

“Well I was having trouble coming up with something so I just used the riff from my own song. I mean Euronymous acts like he wrote all the riffs. But he actually only wrote one riff to “Freezing Moon”. Don’t get me wrong, I mean he’s wrote most of them but Hellhammer, Varg, and Necrobutcher helped to.” Snorre explained.

“I know he doesn’t have me fooled but I guess since we’re recording it doesn’t matter now. I just wanted to make sure everything was okay. Come on I’m starving.” Benedikte said and they left the studio.

They spent the better part of eight months to record and piece it together. When they left it was July 1993. It would be a few months before the album would be ready to be released. Euronymous and the others didn’t have the money to actually get it released.

Tensions were also high between Euronymous and Varg about money and who did what on the album. Without the shop they wouldn’t have to spend too much time together in a confined space. It also gave Euronymous the opportunity to spend time with Gry.

Euronymous would call Kirsten everyday to see how she was doing and to tell her about Gry. He also told her that Varg was making him angry and he had to do something. He told her he planned to torture Varg until he died and videotape it. He would get Varg there by telling him he had a new contract to sign. Kirsten couldn’t believe Euronymous would do such a thing. Kirsten knew it was just talk and it would blow over in a few days.

***


A week before August tenth, Gry was having some problems with her pregnancy and was rushed to the hospital. Everything was fine but she would have to stay in the hospital until she had the baby.

It had been quiet for a while in the Mayhem camp. They guys were spending some much needed time apart.

August 10, 1993

Meanwhile in Bergen…

Varg got up very early that morning. He had something he had to do. He and Snorre Ruch loaded up the car’s trunk with a bayonet, axe, and baseball bat. They drove six hours to Oslo to go see Euronymous.

When they arrived to Euronymous’ apartment Snorre waited in the stairwell of the apartment building, while Varg walked to Euronymous’ apartment, handwritten contract in hand. As he calmly walked up the stairs he had no idea what his plan exactly was.

He knocked on the apartment door. When the door opened a bedraggled Euronymous was standing there in his underwear.

“Oh Varg, what are you doing here?” Euronymous questioned sleepily.

“I think I figured out our contract situation.” Varg said as Euronymous ushered him inside.

“You’re not getting out of your contract with me and that’s final.”

“No I’m not gonna be under your wing any longer. I want out and I have this contract with me.” Varg stated angrily.

“Stop with this shit, it’s the same thing every day with you why can’t you just get over it.” Euronymous hissed venomously. He then turned his back and walked toward the kitchen.
Varg drew his knife and followed Euronymous into the kitchen. From the corner of his eye Euronymous could see the knife in Varg’s hand and went to grab his own.

As Euronymous turned to Varg, Varg said, “Oh no you don’t.” Varg then charged toward Euronymous.

Meanwhile on the steps Snorre was waiting for Varg, Euronymous, or both to come back out. The next thing he heard was Euronymous screaming. Euronymous was running down the stairs with blood covering his whole body and streaming down his face. Euronymous then fell down the stairs and stopped moving.

“Varg we gotta get out of here. I don’t want to be here when someone sees this.” Snorre said as Varg looked down at his former friend.

“Come on,” Snorre said dragging Varg forward and out of the apartment building.

They got in the car and drove on silently. Varg stopped at a lake and bathed while also cleaning his face, hands, and knife. He tied his clothes to a rock and let it sink to the bottom. He was a little worried because he forgot to wear gloves and he wasn’t sure if Euronymous was even dead. It really didn’t matter either way.


***


That same day Gry asked Kirsten to go check on Euronymous. She also wanted her to bring him to the hospital. She was gonna give birth any moment.

Kirsten finally made it to Euronymous’ and was so happy that he would be a father. She made her way up the stairwell to the apartment. She heard a groaning noise as she made her way up. When she made it to the source of the sound she couldn’t believe her eyes. Euronymous was lying in a pool of blood. She bent down and looked in his face. He was still alive but his breathing was shallow.

“Euronymous what happened? Who did this to you?” Kirsten asked shaking.

“Kirsten it’s not important I’m glad you’re here. Is Gry having the baby?” He asked slowly.

Kirsten nodded her head as tears threatened to fall.

“I need you to listen; I know I don’t have much time. Tell Gry I love her and I’m sorry it had to end this way. Please apologize to all the people who were in the band because I was a horrible friend. Apologize to Benedikte for all the grief I caused her and Pelle. I’m also really sorry I hurt you Kirsten, I hope you and everyone else can forgive me. I’m sorry.” He whispered.

His eyes closed, his breathing stopped, and he was gone. Kirsten screamed in pain and the tears started streaming out.

Kirsten was still holding Euronymous when the paramedics came. A woman saw Kirsten as she was walking to her apartment. She called the police and let Kirsten have her last minutes with Euronymous. She told them all she knew which wasn’t much and they let her go back to the hospital.

She drove silently still shaken by what had happened. Before she made it to Gry’s room a nurse was walking out. She was holding a pink blanket with Gry’s baby inside.

Kirsten took a deep breath and walked into the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I finally updating although I doubt people are still reading. If you read this chapter just drop me a comment. It doesn't have to be anything about the story even, just something to know you're there.