Status: Active!

Welcome to Hell

Dark Days

As Kirsten walked into the room she took in the white walls and the smell of disinfectant. Benedikte sat in a chair by the wall. She stared at the television while Gry lay in bed with flushed cheeks. Benedikte smiled to Kirsten as she saw her walk into the room. Her smile quickly vanishes as she takes Kirsten in. Kirsten’s hair was windswept and her eyes were vacant.

“Kirsten what’s wrong and where is Euronymous?” She asked coming up to me and taking my hand.

Benedikte lead Kirsten to a chair as she started to cry.

“I have something to tell you and it’s gonna be hard to hear.” Kirsten managed to choke out between sobs.

“When I went to pick Euronymous up I saw him lying in the stairwell bleeding. I ran to him and he wouldn’t even tell me what happened. He died in my arms and I-I-I’m s-s-so sorry G-G-Gry.” Kirsten said and then took her head in her hands.

Silent tears started to flow from Gry’s eyes as she processed the news. Kirsten and Benedikte sat on either side of Gry and cried together. The girls sat there for what felt like hours. Finally Gry managed to ask Kirsten something.

“Kirsten did he say anything before he died?” Gry asked while tears continued to flow.

“Yes he did, he told me to let you know that he loved you and was sorry it had to end this way. He also wanted Benedikte to know that he is sorry for everything. Sorry that he caused you and Pelle grief and sorry for being a horrible friend.” Kirsten explained.

They sat in silence for a second and then Kirsten told the girls she was gonna call all the guys in Mayhem even Necrobutcher and tell them what happened. They could also visit Gry to and try to figure everything out.

Attila, Hellhammer, Necrobutcher, and even Fenriz showed up within minutes of each other. When they got to the room Gry had her baby, Evangelina, with her. She was born with a full head of ginger hair and her father’s brown eyes. She was beautiful and everyone was happy to meet her. Once they all settled down Kirsten asked for everyone’s attention.

“The real reason I called you all here is I have something you must know. This morning Euronymous died. I found him dying in the stairwell of his apartment. Before he passed he wanted to let you know he was sorry for being a horrible friend and for, well, everything. Right now I don’t know what happened but I have a feeling Varg is involved. Please do not contact him or confront him. He’ll make a mistake and I want the authorities to handle it.” Kirsten warned while tears fell down her cheeks.

Fenriz walked over to hug Kirsten and Hellhammer hadn’t released the grip he had on Benedikte’s side. The whole room fell silent and everyone seemed saddened. There were vacant stares in their eyes and no one knew what to say.

Throughout the rest of the day everyone filtered out. Benedikte and Kirsten waited till visiting hours were over before leaving.

That night Kirsten and Benedikte sat on the curb outside of the now closed Helvete store. The night was black and cold. The wind blew strongly through the trees and the air was damp. They just sat there in silence looking up at the stars.

Benedikte was the first to speak. “Do you really think Varg had something to do with this? I know he’s an ass but this is unspeakable.” Benedikte said slowly.

“I do but I don’t want to do anything plus I have no clue where to find Varg. Just don’t be alarmed if you’re questioned by police. I feel like something big is going to happen and it involves all of us.” Kirsten said dead serious.

They finally set out on their way to their respective homes to be with their loved ones. It was gonna be a crazy couple of weeks.

The next day there was a knock on Benedikte’s door. It was early morning and she was still asleep. She sat upright in bed as another knock was made. She slowly put on her robe and went to open the door.

Benedikte opened the door to reveal two police officers.

“Hello miss, were from the Oslo police station. We understand you know Øystein Aarseth.” The dark headed officer asked her.

“Yes I do and before you ask I am aware he has passed away. I was told by my close friend.” Benedikte said.

“We need to take you in for questioning, if you would like to get dressed and come with us.” The other officer said.

“Sure, just give me one second, you may come in.” Benedikte said and led them inside.

Benedikte walked in the room to see Hellhammer had gotten up. “Hey, what’s going on?” He asked groggily.

“Some officers are here and they want to question me about Euronymous’ murder. But I want you to stay here, I won’t be gone long.” Benedikte explained while putting her clothes on.

“Okay but be careful, I worry about you.” Hellhammer said getting up and hugging Benedikte. He held her tightly for a few seconds.

“I know but it will only be a few hours I’m sure.” Benedikte said squeezing back.

She gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked out to go meet the officers. They walked outside and into an unmarked police vehicle.

The ride to the precinct was quiet and uneventful. All Benedikte could do was look out the window as the trees passed her by. She was scared but she had nothing to worry about. She would tell them everything she knew. Benedikte was sure that others would be brought in for testimony. The only thing she would not talk about would be about Faust killing that man in Lillehammer. It wasn’t her place to say and she was sure he would come clean.

When they arrived she got out of the car into the cold morning air. The clouds were dark and threatening. It matched her gloomy mood and tired eyes. When the made it inside she saw many friends from the scene including Kirsten. They led Benedikte into a room. The walls were slate grey and the air was cold. It reminded her of the damp basement in Helvete.

She waited five long minutes before a female cop came in. She was tall with curly blonde hair and dark green eyes. She looked friendly and not at all threatening.

“So Miss Benedikte, I’m detective Greene. I just wanted to ask you a few questions.” She said.

“Sure, anything you need,” Benedikte said smiling.

“So you knew Øystein Aarseth?” She asked.

“Yes he was also a colleague of mine. I worked in his record shop.” Benedikte answered.

“Okay and you knew he had died. How was it that you found this out?”

“Well the day my friend Gry had her baby my friend Kirsten went to get Euronymous. He was Gry’s boyfriend and she wanted him to see the baby. Kirsten came back without Euronymous and informed us that he had died.” Benedikte said sadly with downcast eyes.

“Do you have any idea on who could have killed him?” Detective Greene asked.

“Yes I do. He had a band named Mayhem and a guy named Varg Vikernes was a part of it. Varg and Euronymous had been feuding over contracts and money from album sells. Varg had told me that Euronymous was planning to kill him. This is really only a guess, but if Varg did it, he wanted to get Euronymous first.” Benedikte said while leaning forward on her arms.

The detective asked her a few more questions about the church burnings and the black circle. By the time the questioning was over it was mid afternoon.

The minute Benedikte got out of that room she was worn out and ready to go home. She noticed Kirsten and ran straight over to her.

“I’m so glad you’re here Kirsten. I hate being questioned.” Benedikte said.

“I know my detective told me that there had been a lot of anonymous people giving information.” Kirsten said.

Benedikte’s eyes widened in surprise. She just knew that Varg would call everyone snitches but it’s his own damn fault. Benedikte hoped he would go to jail.

“They said we could leave after you got out so let’s get out of here.” Kirsten said taking Benedikte’s hand.

The girls slowly made their way to the front to sign out and go home. Kirsten and Benedikte walked outside and finally the sun was shining. They said their goodbyes and separated. They both went back to their homes for some much needed rest.

By the end of the day Varg had been arrested. He claimed that he went to Euronymous’ to give a signed contract and tell him to fuck off. That is where his story became untrue. He said that Euronymous’ attacked him first and was cut by the broken glass during the struggle. When the police went to Varg’s home they found explosives and large amounts of ammunition.

In other news Faust confessed to killing the man in Lillehammer and Blackthorn was arrested for accessory to murder for being with Varg.

The media had a field day with this information and made sure everyone knew about it.