Status: Active!

Welcome to Hell

The Concert

Kirsten returned home to all the girls waiting in the living room. She walked in to see expectant faces.

“So how was it, Kirsten,” asked Kylee.

“It was strange.” Kirsten said sitting down.

Kirsten told the girls about everything including what they talked about. She felt comfortable enough to expose the story she told Euronymous. She shared her emotions and how she felt about Euronymous. She loved him and wondered if he felt the same. When everyone finally went to bed, Kirsten decided to start writing in her diary again. She felt everything in her life was going well.

July 7, 1987

The next day was their first big concert and there was so much to do. Benedikte went to Unst to tell them they could no longer play there, Kirsten went to help Euronymous put finishing touches on the demo tapes, and Gry and Alva packed all the instruments and essentials they would need.

“Euronymous what else do we need to do?” Kirsten said glancing around the apartment.

“Well I told Benny that I needed you here to help. I didn’t want you to go off with her; I wanted to spend some more time with you. I have the demos done and packed, so it’s all done.”

“Oh good, I missed you last night and I really didn’t want to deal with quitting the club that gave us our first paying gigs.”

“So I was wondering how you felt about tonight?”

“I’m excited, a little nervous. We’ve played in front of people before but this will be a bigger show. I just don’t want to screw it up, but I’ll be playing as best as I can.”

“I’m sure you’ll be great. For a new band you guys really seem to blend well together. Come on let’s get this loaded in the car. The girls should be headed to the venue too.” Euronymous explained to Kirsten as they got in the car.

At the venue the girls set up the merch table and set up all the instruments. They noticed Euronymous setting up stakes at the front of the stage.

“Euronymous what are you doing?” Alva asked.

“Oh call the girls over here, I had an idea that I came up with.” Euronymous said.

“Guys come over here; Euronymous has something he wants to tell us about the show.”

“What is it?” Gry asked perplexed.

“I cleared it with the owner already but I wondered if I could pig heads on this stakes here for effect.”

“Wait Euronymous, you want to do what?” Benedikte said arching her eyebrow.

“We do it for Mayhem shows. Black metal involves the occult and Satanism. It’s almost a ritual thing.” He explained.

“I think he’s right we should do it. All our songs are about death and Satanism ideals. If you guys think it’s cool we could add fake blood to our clothes. I think it would add a more theatrical aspect.” Kirsten explained.

“I don’t have a problem with it,” Benedikte said, “I just was making sure I heard him right.”

Alva and Gry showed their agreement. Benedikte asked Euronymous what else he was going to do to the show. He told them it would be a surprise.

An hour before the show started they girls got ready. After putting their clothes and makeup on, they started applying the fake blood. It was on their clothes, some on their arms, and a small amount on their face.

“Are you guys ready,” Benedikte asked.

The girls nodded and walked out on to the pitch black stage. Euronymous had instructed the girls to start playing and he would deal with the lights.

As Alva started playing the opening riff a small fog started to seep through the blackness. Benedikte started to sing while the lights snapped on the song had reached its frenzied pace.

The crowd reached their fever pitch in the middle of the song, while the girls survived a small technical problem.

Alva played with her hair covering almost her whole face while Gry banged her head furiously. Benedikte’s voice was low and gravelly and she attacked her bass with fervor. Kirsten played wildly, with her arms flying in every direction, her feet moving a million miles a minute, and she moved her head furiously in every direction.

The girls sang all ten of their songs featuring death, violence and the occult. The crowd had swelled in size and a throng of people moshed. The girls watched in wonder while they played to the enthusiastic crowd.

At the end they walked off stage feeling accomplished and worn out. When they walked into the crowd they noticed that almost all of their demo cassettes were gone. People congratulated them, asked for autographs, and took photos.

When they walked to the backstage to get their things Euronymous came back there with another guy. He was thin and of average height and. He had long, straight brown hair. He dressed like all the other musicians. His eyes seemed very cold and unfeeling.

“Girls this is my friend Bård Eithun. He came with me to check out you guys.”

“Hello nice to meet you all, I was very impressed. He didn’t tell me you were girls or I probably wouldn’t have come.” He said chuckling.

“And why the hell would that be?” Gry asked angrily.

“Well it’s not every day you hear a girl band in black metal with a deep voiced singer.” He said.

Benedikte blushed at his compliment.

“Um guys,” Benedikte suddenly blurted out. “I think we should get this stuff in the car.”

The girls packed everything away and started out of the venue. They went to stay over at Euronymous’ house. When they got there Maniac was waiting there for them.

Euronymous was the first to reach him.

“Maniac what are you doing here?” Euronymous asked with a hint venom in his voice.

“I wanted to rejoin Mayhem. After a few days at home I missed singing with all the guys. I don’t know what the hell I was thinking.” Maniac explained.

“Sure Maniac, but next time I’m not letting you back in. Is that clear?” He said darkly.

“Crystal,” Maniac answered.

The girls made it to them after their conversation ended. They had all their instruments and were ready to go up and go to sleep.

When Maniac left Kirsten asked, “what did Maniac want.”

“He wanted back in, I just let him because it’s gonna be too hard to find a replacement right now.” Euronymous said while taking Kirsten’s hand in his.

The girls had made their themselves comfortable while Euronymous let Kirsten sleep in the bed with him. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.