Status: Still going, you all will have to wait for chapter 2~

Captured

Beginning of a New Life

A few weeks passed and Damian had moved his entire lab to the new facility where he was now working and experimenting for the DNA Corp. With his new black lab coat on he flittered with ease from one room to the next; testing chemicals, filing notes, killing off failed experiments. All fun things for the scientist, though he did miss his solitary lab where it was just himself, his experiments and the occasional Adrian. Now instead there was an entire facility with other scientists and their experiments running around. He had yet to meet anyone as of yet, but the lab next to his own always seemed to have something screaming in it and it all intrigued him. He wanted to find out who this crazed scientist was and if he could get to know him or her better.
Now was not the time for that however, and with his new lab partner, who was scared to death of him, he continued his research on a new chemical that had the ability to lock away any unwanted presences within one’s mind. He wanted to finally seal up S88 for good, and allow Sonia a peace of mind for once. This was beginning to get harder than he had planned and frustration was taking over. He needed to find a test subject for this and fast, but who had another presence in their head that he knew of? No one, unfortunately, a secondary persona like Sonia’s was caused most likely by a great deal of trauma, for him to get a test subject he would need to torture and traumatize yet another person for years before even the slightest of a voice came into their head. He hadn’t the time or that, maybe it was time to make a new friend in his neighbor.
After he had tended to his chores of the day, Damian decided to go next door and see who it was sharing walls with him. Closing up his lab and leaving Sonia to sleep off her meal for the day he headed out to halls and to the door next to his own. He had just lifted his hand to knock when it opened, the man behind it wearing a smile. Behind glasses were brown eyes that matched the color of his unkept hair. He had a white lab coat on that reached down to his feet, past that were what looked like Asian sandles and what looked to him like a hakama and a shirt that was open in the front showing off his chest. “You are the new scientist here, are you not? My name is Genkaku, come in and introduce yourself.” The man the shark now knew as Genkaku stated as he stepped aside to let him in. The white haired man walked inside and cast red eyes on the other man. “Name’s Damian, and yeah I got in a few days ago. I haven’t really gotten to know anyone yet.” There was a grin that appeared on Genkaku’s face. The shark blinked at the look he was getting, though he stood his ground getting the sense that this other man wasn’t a threat to him. He couldn’t seem to relax though, he was getting a strong sense of electricity though he didn’t know where it was coming from, he needed to find it, though not now.
“Is there something wrong Damian?” Genkaku’s voice broke through his thoughts and the shark shook his head. “No, it’s nothing.” Damian stated before taking to exploring the lab. He wouldn’t be touching anything, just looking, he wanted to see where that electric current he was feeling was coming from, though he wanted to do it subtly so he knew where not to go in the lab. It was odd though, the further he strayed from Genkaku the further away the feeling got. It confused the shark and he had to resort to closing his eyes, what he saw was a surprise, the strong electric current he was feeling was coming from the other scientist. How could someone have such a strong current? It was dizzying just to be around the other man let alone get close to him. Unlike the sharks his DNA was fused with, Damian wasn’t attracted to electricity, it was the opposite for him. He was detoured from it and backed off when it was near. High electromagnetic fields did awful things to his senses and caused him to get sick and even hallucinate at times. He opened his eyes, the red hues had a very confused look in them even if he was trying to hide it.
The brown eyes of Genkaku had an amused look within them as he saw Damian’s look. “Well it seems your abilities are better than I expected Damian. I didn’t expect you to discover my powers so soon.” He says, Damian cocking an eyebrow still quite confused, he didn’t know what the other scientist was talking about. The brunette grinned to the shark and electricity sparked from his fingers. Damian blinked now getting it. “That’s some power you’ve got there, it’s no surprise that I sensed so much electricity in you.” He says and the other man nodded chuckling. “You are an interesting man as well Damian. Having all seven senses of the shark and being able to use them to your fullest abilities. Tell me Damian, how have you come to be this way?” Genkaku asked, brown eyes connecting with the red eyes of the shark. The white haired man broke eye contact and looked to the floor. “My father made me this way, he didn’t want me to die of my sickness so soon.” He confessed and looked back up to see the man with a smile on his face. It creeped him out to see this man smiling the way he was, he didn’t know what the other wanted from him, but he didn’t like to talk of his past so he kept it as blunt as possible. Genkaku cocked an eyebrow at this information and tilted his head to the side in a curious fashion. “Oh? And what sickness was that, you must have been suffering quite badly for your father to go through such measures to experiment on his own son.” Damian nodded at this statement leaning against a counter within the lab. “I had cancer, and the shark blood in me keeps it from spreading and killing me. It’s the only thing that keeps me alive. “ He explained to the brunette scientist who nodded obviously taking mental notes of this. What was he planning for the shark? On edge as he was, Damian remained calm and collected, though fate had it that his alarm to tend to Sonia went off, saving him from the silence and allowing him to relax. “I have to go.” He stated before walking out, feeling brown hues following him out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
By the way, for any of you who know the character, Genkaku looks like Aizen from Bleach.
And I made it shorter, much to my dislike with the outcome of only using Damian....
(Note to self... More Sonia in next chapter...)