Status: Working on it

Lost Love Found

Light's Guidance

When the sun started to rise, Adrian heard a call from Helios. He quickly put on his shoes, and ran out the door. Jogging to meet Helios at a grove of white birch and dragon trees, where a singular shaft of sunlight showed through the trees. Within this shaft of light, Adrian saw his god, Helios standing there, waiting for Adrian.

“Hello Adrian” Helios spoke with a voice like a gentle breeze. “Congratulations on bringing down the Minotaur, the gods and I are looking into the cause of his loss in sanity. We believe that it was Eris who brought on his insanity.”

“Who is Eris? Adrian asked with a sigh.

“Eris is the Goddess of chaos and discord, and she might have been looking for Eros’ amulet.” Helios answered. “The Minotaur was reported by a few Dryads to be whispering to himself I must find the amulet , and there are few amulets that would interest Eris outside of this one.”

“What is special about this amulet?” Adrian asked.

“This specific amulet is where Eros is imprisoned, after his fiancé, lost faith in him and peeked to make sure Eros was there, breaking his deal with his mother Aphrodite.” Adrian nodded his head, and Helios continued. “The amulet would give Eris power over love which would let allow her to mess with Human affairs even more then she already can, and could possibly upset the balance of the world starting wars everywhere in this world, like what happened with the Trojan War.”

“And I‘m guessing that you want me and Luke to search for Eros’ Amulet?” asked Adrian.

“Erebus and I have much more to discuss, Erebus will let Luke know tonight what we need of you and it will be a short simple task if anything, well I hope it will be.” Helios said with a smile. “But we both know that things usually are never as simple as they should be. Now I’m sure if I keep you any longer Luke will wake and you need your rest as well. So go back home.” Helios said as he faded away leaving Adrian alone in the grove.

Meanwhile

Luke awoke to find Adrian missing from the bed, “Must be with Helios.” he thought. Helios reminded Luke of his parents. As he lay there in bed, he couldn’t help but think of them. He remembered how they treated him, when he was ten years old, when he began to exhibit signs of magic.

Flashback

A little blond boy was playing with the shadows on the wall with his dad. His dad showing him how to position his hand to make a dog and a bird, while his mom used her magic to hold a ball of light into existence to cast the shadows. The boy then contorts the shadows with magic to form a full bodied horse. His dad immediately slapped him, knocking him to the ground and his mom started to cry, saying “Why Helios, why would you curse us with such a child? We are your most devout followers and you curse us with such a child?!”

Luke laid there and cried as he was shoved into his room to sit by himself, his father cursing him and telling him that he needs to be fixed. Luke didn’t understand, his parents loved him so much and he never saw this side of them before. As he laid there on the floor of his room, he started to sense a presence. Luke called out sniffling “Who’s there?”

The shadows seemed to condense, until they formed a child his own age, with pale skin and black wings. “I am Erebus.” The boy spoke “The God of Darkness and Night. I have come to claim you as my own.”

“What do you mean claim me? Don‘t I belong with my parents? Besides they hate darkness saying how it’s evil and corrupts.” Luke asked in a confused manner.

“True, but I have come regardless of their ignorant beliefs to claim you as one of my many followers. You have magic of shadow and ice, magic that I gifted you with before you were even born, but I will not force myself upon you, but know this, I do not take gifts away, especially when asked to. You will have this magic for the rest of your life. If you so choose, you can follow me, and I will help guide you and strengthen you, if not you may choose any god you wish, but you won’t be as close to them as you would to me.” Erebus spoke gently and kindly, while doing his best to comfort young Luke.

“I choose you, Erebus. I will follow you.” Luke spoke confidently with a smirk.

“Then, you must keep your magic a secret for now from your parents, tell them that you renounce it and choose the Light, so they will not harm you again, until a time when you see fit to tell them otherwise. I will watch for and guide you, but you still have free will, and may choose to ignore me.” Erebus said with a smile.

“Luke Matthews do you swear to follow me and to do as I ask?”

“Erebus I swear fealty to you, and to follow you and your way.” Luke said to Erebus, kneeling before him.

Flashback over

Luke had tears in his eyes remembering his parents’ cruelty to him, for something he had no control over, and for the kindness Erebus showed him as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dragon Tree
Hey peoples! Love the update?
Haha, sorry it took so long. :/
I have been a little busy yo.
But won't let him post chapters.
He doesn't even know how.
Haha, my job! No one else's.
Anyway, comment and subscribe?
-Brent'sChappyPoster<3