Status: Working on it

Lost Love Found

The Bird Cage

The alarm buzzed at ten a.m. Luke groaned and slammed his fingers on the snooze button to shut it up. Adrian chuckled as he went to the dresser to get some clothes and then walked to the bathroom to take a shower. Luke groaned and swung his legs over the sides of their bed and left the room.

Luke wondered if Adrian’s parents had left yet as he descended down the circular staircase and silently thanked them again for letting him stay there. He absentmindedly walked into the kitchen and decided to make breakfast for both himself and Adrian. He decided on waffles and bacon for himself, but sausage for Adrian since he prefers those. He got out some cooking supplies and walked over to the refrigerator Luke turned around after he felt a warm gust of wind to see a tiny storm cloud appear in the middle of the kitchen, it reformed itself into the form of an eagle, and it had electricity arching all over it. It started to flap its wings, making electricity arc off of it and towards Luke, he jumped over the island to avoid it. He realized that his spear would have no effect on a Storm Spirit, so he began to think of other options he could have, one including holding out for Adrian to take care of it, as he was thinking, the spirit started to arc more and more bolts at him, he realized it was growing stronger and he couldn’t afford to wait it out, so he blasted a wave of freezing cold at it, hoping to slow it down or freeze it. The spirit let out a laugh a horrible sound like a cross between psychotic laughter and an eagle’s piercing cry.

The wave of cold smashed into the heated storm spirit and it morphed from the form of a bird, to twisting into a tornado. The tornado laughed again a sound like hyena’s cackle only much higher pitched almost to whistle. The tornado began to throw the kitchen ware at Luke, not being able to grow strong enough to throw Luke around within the confined space. Luke hated what he was about to do, and he hesitated, but then the waffle iron narrowly missed his head, making Luke certain he needed to do this now, and he willed into existence, a cage of shadow around the spirit.

The spirit began to smash against the sides, but was unable to break through Luke’s magic. Luke smiled that he was able to stop it, but small memories flashed through his head of the times when his magic showed up around his parents, and they beat him, several of these times his father putting him in the hospital with broken ribs. He shuddered and returned to the task at hand. He started to shrink the cage down, making it smaller and smaller and the spirit began to lose more and more of its power, eventually taking the form of a bird again, until he made the cage so small that the spirit was forced into the form of a humming bird. He put more effort into making sure the cage wouldn’t fade out until he dispelled it as well.

“What happened down here?!” Adrian asked frantically as he appeared in the doorway, wrapped only in a towel and dripping wet.

“A storm spirit attacked me.” Luke said before he turned around, as he did he had to stifle a giggle as he asked “Why are you only in a towel?” As soon as he got the question out, he burst out in a fit of giggles.

“That’s not important, are you ok? Where is the spirit now?” Adrian asked in a concerned manner, while turning a deep shade of red.

“I’m fine, love, and the spirit is here.” Luke said holding up the cage containing the spirit. “I was thinking your mom would be able to take care of it better then you or I could seeing as she controls the Winds, and seeing as this guy is a storm, I think it is under her jurisdiction."

Baby! Did you use shadow magic?” Adrian beamed “I’m so proud of you. I know you have a hard time using magic especially shadow magic.” He said with a frown. “but I hope its getting easier for you every time though.”

“Well does it get easier every time you see a spider to not freak out?” Luke said with smirk “Cause it would be wonderful if eventually you would be able to take care of spiders yourself instead of me having to drop whatever I’m doing and take care of the spider so you can walk into that room.”

“Spiders are scary jerk! They have too many eyes, and too many legs and they can bite you!” Adrian said defensively.

“Okay love, well in any case you never told me if your mom would mind if she took care of this thing.” Luke said while gesturing to the cage.

“I’m sure she will, she won’t be home until around 5:30ish though baby.” Adrian said, taking a few steps closer to Luke.

“Well, this cage should definitely hold until then.” Luke said as he took a few steps towards Adrian. “You know love, you look amazing right now.” Luke said with a smile.

“Well you look ten times better then.” Adrian said with a smile and closed the gap between them.

“What are you going to do love?” Luke asked with a smile.

“This.” Adrian said leaning in to kiss Luke.

“Adrian, why are you in a towel?” A voice across the room said. Adrian’s lips were a fraction of an inch away from Luke’s lips when he suddenly heard it and turned around, turning redder then ever.

“Danielle, you have the WORST timing ever!” Luke said in an irritated voice.

“Well I’m sorry, but I had to interrupt this love fest before I got sick” Danielle said with a smirk.

“Besides, it looks like you made a huge mess of this kitchen Luke, good thing that Natalie has an amazing job and could afford an indestructible house. Now then, do you want my help or not?” Danielle asked with a smirk.

“Well, um, yeah, I am going to go finish my shower.” Adrian said nervously before bolting upstairs.

“I don’t think I have ever seen him run faster.” Danielle said in surprise.

“Me either, jeez, it was like he was lit on fire or something.” Luke said just as surprised.

“OH NO! NOT THE WAFFLE IRON!!” Danielle shrieked.

“Your concern for my possible injuries is overwhelming Danielle.” Luke said as sarcastically as he possibly could, while rolling his eyes.

“Eh, you are never hurt, you got too fast of reflexes Luke, I would’ve worried more about Adrian, but he can make a shield so, between the two of you taking care of each other, there’s not much that could actually hurt you.” Danielle said dismissing Luke.

“Let’s get this mess cleaned up I guess.” Luke said as he started picking up the pieces of the waffle iron and throwing them away. While Danielle started picking up the pots and pans and setting them on the counter. About twenty minutes later after they had everything cleaned up, washed, put away, and the floor swept.

Luke looked over at Danielle and said. “Do you want pancakes?”

“Yes! OH OH OH OH! Can you make them in the shape of a dolphin?” Danielle squeaked out.

“I can try? I dunno how well this will work though.” Luke said “And would you like bacon or sausage?”

“Bacon please, but um. Can you maybe, and its ok if you don’t want to, but could you please invite Greg over?” Danielle said nervously twisting her hair.

“Sure, I guess, are you going to tell him you have a huge crush on him finally?” Luke asked curiously.

“NO! What if he rejects me?” Danielle said in an extremely sad manner.

“Just because he is one of Aphrodite’s kids, doesn’t mean that he would mess with your heart, in fact, he refuses to use love magic unless he absolutely has to and even then he uses as little as possible.” Luke said defending his friend.

“I know, but still I don’t know if I could just tell him.” Danielle said.

“Well I’ll call him, after breakfast, he might be awake actually then.” Luke said.

“OH MY GODS THANK YOU LUKE!” Danielle said excitedly and practically tackled him giving him a hug.

“What did I miss?” Adrian said as he appeared in the kitchen, fully clothed this time.

“Nothing, Luke just agreed to invite Greg over!” Danielle said almost shivering from excitement. Making Adrian chuckle softly to himself.

“Well I’m glad you are happy.” Adrian said as he sat down to eat. “Why is this pancake in the shape of a dolphin?” Adrian asked confused.

“LUKE YOU ARE AMAZING!” Danielle squealed as she noticed her pancake, making Luke blush and giggle slightly.

“Thanks Danielle,” Luke said. “It was a little bit of a pain, but you know I love a challenge in the kitchen.” he said with a wink.
Not even two seconds later a loud banging came from the front door.