Status: Working on it

Lost Love Found

Natalie, Daughter of Wind

Walking towards the grove, Danielle and Luke split up, Danielle heading towards a field with a single willow tree in the center, and Luke walking into the grove, where he could sense Erebus waiting for him. Erebus was leaning up against a tree holding a single purple candle, which illuminated the immediate area.

Meanwhile
Nyx was sitting at the base of the willow tree, as usual. Danielle loved the Goddess like a mother, and that is how Nyx treated her. Nyx looked up and smiled at Danielle, but there was a look of regret in her eyes. “My child,” Nyx said to Danielle, rising from her seat, “I have to ask you to go with Luke, Adrian, Greg, and Meagen.”

“Go with them where?” Danielle questioned.

Meanwhile
“Luke, I am proud of you.” Erebus said, pride pouring out of him towards Luke. “You do not abuse my magic, unlike many others, you use it wisely and creatively.I have been able to find the location of Eros’ Amulet, and we are going to be sending you, Adrian, Maegen, Danielle and Greg together to retrieve it.”

“Why such a big group?” Luke asked.

“It will be dangerous, especially if Eris is after the amulet. She has a lot of power, influence, and controls many things.” Erebus replied solemnly. “We want to make sure you have a chance to retrieve the amulet and return home safely, and in one piece.”

“Where is the amulet? Can’t Adrian just make a gateway?” Luke questioned.

“It is in an old abandoned temple of Artemis, which was overrun long ago by monsters. The temple is heavily warded, so there is no way for Adrian to make a gate; this is also another reason on why it took so long to find the amulet.” Erebus answered. “That with the fact that the temple is overrun by monsters, we have decided it best to send a large group.”

“Well, when do we leave?” Luke asked with a sigh.

“We would like you all to get a good night’s rest and leave first thing in the morning.” Erebus said with a smile, “Also, Luke, hold out your hand to me.”

Luke held out his hand and Erebus lightly placed his hand on top of Luke’s. Suddenly, Erebus’ hand was surrounded by a black aura that swirled around his and Luke’s hands. Luke let out a cry of pain and pulled his hand back. All over the bottom of his hand was an intricate tattoo-like mark. “Erebus, what is this?” Luke asked, while marveling at his hand.

“It is a mark that will help you on your journey. When you are in danger, it will glow red. If there is a secret pathway nearby, it will glow purple, and will also open the secret pathways.” Erebus stated, “Now go back to your friends, and rest well, you have a long journey ahead of you.” With those last words Erebus started to fade into shadow before disappearing entirely.

Meanwhile
“Do you understand what you will be a part of?” Nyx asked Danielle gently.

“Yes, my Lady. I understand completely.” Danielle said firmly.

“Good. Now, your last job to do tonight is to give Greg this letter, it is from his mother. Aphrodite is currently too busy to be able to meet with him tonight, she is trying to find a way to let Eros from the amulet she imprisoned him within.” Nyx said as she handed Danielle a pink paper folded intricately into a heart.

“I will my Lady.” Danielle said as she took the letter and gently held it. “Is there anything else you require of me, Nyx?” Danielle asked gently.

“No my child, you have everything you need, and Luke has been told of all the information you have, in fact, if you leave now you will be able catch up to Luke and you can walk back together.” Nyx told her as she started to fade into the night.

Danielle turned around and walked quickly to make sure that she caught up to Luke. They meet at the same place they split up at and started to walk back to the house together, silently and wordlessly. Luke was carrying the purple candle Erebus left behind. When they entered the house, Luke grabbed Adrian by the hand and led him away to their room, leaving Danielle to give details to the others on what happened. She first handed the letter to Greg, who took it and touched it, causing it to magically unfold itself. While he read it, Danielle explained to everyone that they were required to go to the Temple of Artemis and retrieve Eros’ amulet.

Meanwhile
Luke pulled Adrian into their room.

“Erebus wants all of to go together to find Eros’ Amulet. It’s at a temple far away. We have to leave tomorrow, but I’m worried about Maegen.” Luke said.

“Maegen is better with her bow then I am at magic; she can track, and sense things because of Artemis’ claim on her; she is never caught off guard except under weird circumstances. I don’t think you need to worry about her as much as Greg who is more of a spy then a fighter.” Adrian said giving Luke a kiss on the forehead. Adrian pulled Luke close to him and wrapped his arms around him and comforted Luke until they both fell asleep.

Meanwhile
Downstairs in the kitchen, Natalie, Greg, Maegen, and Danielle were discussing sleeping arrangements and what they were going to pack, with Natalie and Maegen leading the packing discussion. While they were speaking, Eris sent out several storm spirits, all in the form of horses, except for one in the form of a dragon, to destroy them all. An air nymph came to Natalie and whispered in her ear of the incoming attack and Natalie excused herself, telling the others to go to bed. She walked outside in time to see the spirits coming towards her. She smiled to herself as the wind began to whip around her. The horse spirits immediately shifted forms into large cats, the first one was slightly ahead of the others pounced at Natalie, snarling. With a graceful movement, Natalie swung her hand up and the first spirit split in half, which then blew apart.

The rest of large cats saw this and surrounded Natalie, pouncing on her all at once. She jumped, using the air to push her higher, causing the spirits to collide. Natalie, then, pushed air straight down causing the spirits to explode. The dragon spirit then shot lightning at her, making her dive out of the way. Raising her hand, palm facing the dragon, Natalie shot a ball of air towards the dragon. The dragon dove under the ball of air, but a piece of its tail was blown apart, causing it to screech out in pain. Then the dragon fired another lightning bolt at her but she rolled out of the way. Focusing hard, trying to pull a very large portion of her magic together to form a tornado, which she sent towards the dragon, ripping it apart. However, the dragon started to reform. Natalie wasn’t sure what to do; she used up most of her energy and magic in the tornado, and she prayed to her father to help her. She felt the winds around her and knew that she would have to start it. She inhaled deeply and made a small explosion of air in the center of where the storm spirit was reforming. Her father, Aeolus, commanded the winds to burst through with even more energy than Natalie had put into the tornado. The spirit screamed as it was torn apart and its pieces were stretched out for miles.

Exhausted, Natalie walked inside to go to bed. She saw Maegen curled up on the couch. Greg lying on the floor, as close to Danielle as possible who was asleep on the other couch. Danielle’s hand was hanging and was resting on Greg’s shoulder, causing her to smile. Natalie went into the hall closet and got blankets out, covering up each sleeping person before she climbed into bed with Riley.

“Did you take care of them?” Riley asked.

“Yes, I most certainly did darling.” Natalie said as she cuddled up to Riley.

“They are leaving tomorrow, aren’t they?” Riley asked as he ran his hands through Natalie’s hair.

“Yes, the gods have sent them all together on a quest. I have faith in both them and the gods, I know Luke and Adrian will come back to us.” Natalie told Riley.

“Well, we need to get some sleep too, honey. We will have to get to work in the morning.” Riley said with a chuckle, then he noticed that Natalie was already asleep and began to relax until Hypnos overtook him as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updates should be coming at least once a week now :)
Comment and Subscribe please :)
Special thanks to:
Miyral
polka dot perfection