Status: In the progress of writing...anyone want to be a Killjoy in this story? Give me your character info and details :] Thanks!

Danger Days: The Hazardous Lives of the Killjoys

Look Back, Baby

A figure ran in the darkness as a group of masked men searched for them.

“Where is she?!”
“Find her!”
“Don’t let her escape!”


The figure tripped and fell just as the masked men found her. She tried to get up but they had the laser guns on her.

“Dead end eh?”
“Think you could run away from us?”
“Too bad, you’re going to die here.”


Suddenly, the figure smirked and took out two laser guns.

“Too bad, you’re gonna die here.”

She mocked them as she shot all the mask men down. She got up from where she had fallen and put one of her lasers back into her pocket just as the last masked men shot a laser.

It hit her, but she did not seem hurt at all.
She looked at the place where the laser had hit and then looked up at the masked man that had shot the laser gun, looking fairly annoyed.

“Damn you…you killed my walkie talkie. Now here comes the sweet payback.”

She shot the masked figure in the head and as soon as she did, she ran for it as she heard a car coming towards that direction.

“REI! GET ON!”

She looked back to see that the car was not the enemy.

“DR. D?!”
“Hop on. We got them hot on our trail!”

Without saying another word, the figure slipped into the back seat and slammed the door shut just as Dr. Death stepped on the gas pedal.

“How did you know I was here?”
“The tracker that you gave us four weeks ago still worked. When we saw that the enemies’ car was heading toward where you were, we just knew you were in trouble.”
“Thanks. Now…is this the girl the FK saved?”

A girl with frizzy hair was sleeping next to Rei.

“Yup. That’s the one the Fabulous Killjoys saved.”
“Ah. Okay. I heard about the FK. I’m sorry to hear about it.”
“…We don’t know what happened to Party Poison and Fun Ghoul, but we know that the other two went down. Well, we thought the other two went down. But I think that they all went to the BL/ind HQ in the end and got her back, cause I saw Fun Ghoul and Jet Star before they got shot down.”
“Did you see Kobra Kid and Party Poison?”

Dr. Death shook his head and he made a sharp left turn to lose the car that was coming after them.

“Hey Rei, do me a favor. Can you shoot the two tires of the car that’s coming after us?”
“Back or front tires?”
“Hmm…one each.”
“Gotcha.”

She took out her laser guns and opened the window as a laser whizzed passed her head.

She poked half her body out of the window and took careful aim at the two tires as the car took a sharp right turn.

“Send ‘em to their deaths.”
“C’mon Recky. I know you can do it…”

Rei shot at the tires of the car behind them and they hit perfectly.
The car swiveled and it hit a pole and the car exploded as Dr. Death’s car kept running.

“Rei. We found a new place for you to stay hidden. We’re going to take you there. Hey, do you still have that walkie talkie?”
“They shot it a minute ago and I can’t fix it no more. It’s toast.”
“Just the right timing. We got a new device, it now has a camera and we can hear you too.”

The figure with the helmet gave Rei a screen.

“Nice. Now we just have to change the wave this baby is on.”
“Can you do that?”

Rei looked up from the screen and smirked.

“I hacked into their page which contained a whole lot of top secret information and that’s why they’re after me right? Changing the wave is just something I could do before eating my next meal which would mean it would only take about 30 minutes.”

“Alright. Are you able to do that for all the waves we’re using?”
“Will try. Now that would take me one hour.”
“But we really are risking our wave we have right now.”
“It’s okay. I’ve got your backs.”
“Thanks Rei.”
“No…thank my Black Recks. These babies have been saving me for the past few months and I haven’t died yet, which is why I’m still able to help.”
“Well, we’re almost there. We’re taking this girl with us. We’re heading to the South side because we’ve located some other kids who haven’t been found yet by the BL/ind. We’ll catch you later, but before you go, tell us the name of the wave you’re gonna be sending us.”

Rei stared at the girl who was sleeping soundlessly, looked at the screen, and looked up and smiled sadly.

“G.A.T.F.K.”

The two others on the car besides Dr. Death and the girl looked at her weirdly, but Rei just kept smiling that sad smile.

“Girl and the Fabulous Killjoys eh?”
“Bingo Dr. D.”

The inside of the car became silent as they drove to their last two destinations before they could believe they were safe from the enemy for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
In the progress of writing...give me feedback :] Thanks!