Status: In the progress of writing...anyone want to be a Killjoy in this story? Give me your character info and details :] Thanks!

Danger Days: The Hazardous Lives of the Killjoys

The Kids Of Today

The four got into the car just as they heard the going back and forth of lasers and yelling.

Gwen was having trouble starting up the engine as Mitt began to panic.

“Hurry Gwen!!”
“I know I know!! Don’t yell at me!!”

One of the Dracs appeared out of nowhere in front of the car, but that was when Gwen had made the engine work and stepped on the gas pedal. The four could feel a huge bump as the car raced over the Drac and sped out of the garage.

The car looked old, yet it had been repaired and was working like it had been when the Fabulous Killjoys were using it. But the problem for the four was their destination.

Fin looked back from the back seat as he saw the last Drac be killed by Dr. Death. He paused for a second and then looked at Gwen who was in the driver’s seat.

“…Where are we headed anyways?”

Mitt, who was sitting next to Gwen, was still in his panic mode.

“We can’t just stop here! We’ll be killed!!!”

Gwen looked very annoyed as she tried to stay on the road and out of danger as much as possible in the darkness.

“That’s why my foot is still on the pedal, alright? Now just keep calm!”

Vienna only rolled her eyes as she tried to calm Mitt.

“…Gwen’s right. Dr. D or Black Reck should take care of us sooner or later. Plus, you don’t want to irritate a driver who is trying to concentrate, Mitt. Only stupid people who can’t calm down do that.”
“Exactly what V here is saying! Act like Fin! He’s not annoying me at all! I wish you would switch spots with one of the people in the back!!”

Mitt looked angrily at Vienna.

“GEEZ!! I’m just scared! Aren’t you guys scared?! I mean we were just pushed into this mess and what’s going on with us?! Seriously! Why did we even agree to follow Dr. Death in the first place?! I mean Rei could have been lying to us! You never know! Maybe they’re trying to lead the Bl/ind to focus on us so that Dr. Death and Rei could do their own doings!!”

Fin grabbed Mitt’s shirt collar and stared right into Mitt’s eyes, his eyes filled with anger.

“Shut. Up.”

Mitt, who got scared of Fin’s actions, calmed down and sunk into his seat as Fin let go of his shirt.

Gwen and Vienna smirked.

““Nice going.””

Fin only sat back.

“Not at all…”

Suddenly, there was a buzz in the radio and a familiar voice was heard.

“Team 36…Team 36! Can you hear me?”

The four looked puzzled.
Team 36? Was that their new team name?
Gwen spoke first.

“Uh…Dr. Death? Is that…us?”
“Yes it’s you guys! The coast is clear here and you’re headed in the right direction! Now, I want you guys to just stay calm and listen to me. Rei will be waiting for you at Route 24. You’ll meet her tomorrow. For now, go to Route 5. That’s where some of our members are. They’ll take care of you for sure! I’ll send a message over there as soon as possible.”

Vienna and Fin moved a little closer to the radio in the front of the car.

“How are we supposed to get there?”
“A tracking device was placed in the trunk of that car, so there should be a navigator that will lead you to the necessary places. Press the yellow button on the left side of the back seat. Also, on the road, there might be some Dracs roaming around, but I know that you guys can take care of them on your own. But if there’s any trouble contact me again. Right now, we can’t contact Rei because of her sudden move, but we are still able to track her so it’ll be okay. Now, as Rei said, don’t change the wave…it’ll be the end of you guys. Well, that’s all I’ve got to say. See you tomorrow.”

Dr. Death’s voice disappeared and the radio buzzing was gone.
Vienna pressed the yellow button and on the right side of the front window, a screen popped out showing how to get to Route 5.

“Mitt. This is your chance to prove that your first impression of you, after we were thrown into this mess, was wrong. Navigate us through to Route 5.”

Mitt looked at Gwen surprisingly, and then grinned as he saw Gwen’s smile.

“I’m on it!”