Text Me When I'm Gone

The end of my angel

My lips quiver helplessy as I meshed my blood red ones to her pale rose tinted one's. I could feel her lips curve into a smile as she traced her tongue along my buttom lip. Still shocked, I allowed her tongue to enter the moist haven it seeked and to dance giddly along with mine.

As she pulled away, a sweet giggle escaped her lips. "You were right Sal. It is hard to kiss someone who has a tongue ring?" Her voice was cheerful and she didn't seem to regret the kiss or resent me for having these feelings that I had been harbering for years. In fact in some bizzare way, for just this instant I felt like...maybe...just maybe she loved me back.

Blushing helplessly, I pushed a strand of hair from my face and looked down at my lap. I hadn't had my tongue ring long and I had already been debating on taking it out. I loved my tongue ring but I knew Sammy thought it was "unnesecary". She never said she had a problem with the small peice of metal till now, although she did have a point, there was a slight heaviness in my heart.

"How long?" Sammy asked all of her playfullness rushing away in a matter of seconds. "How long have you been hiding that you liked me, Sally?" I felt her eyes searching my face but I could not bring mine up to meet her's.

"Sammy...." I tried to start but a large lump formed in my throat," I have.....it has been years."A familar moister built in the corner of my eyes and threatened to ruin my make up. "I have..."I tried again, swallowing hard," Sammy, I have loved you....always loved you." As the words leaked out of my blubbering mouth, the tears slipped down my face bringing my eye liner with it.

I still couldn't bring myself to meet her eyes. She was perfect and she deserved better. I knew I loved her but I also knew it was an impossilbe dream to think she would ever love me back, or I use to. With that one kiss I saw a door open slightly, a door that if I got my foot in it, maybe just maybe she would love me back.

"You are my best friend," I continued with a slight sniffle. "I do everything with you." I paused debating on weather I was making a huge mistake or not. "Late at night, even on nights when I have another girl beside me, you are the one I think of before and after I close my eyes. You haunt my dreams and rule my brain." Taking a deep breathe, I waited for her response as the voice in my head cursed me for opening up to her finally.

There was a dead silnce that was only penitrated by my sniffles and the tick of the grandfather clock that Sammy loved dearly. My heart raced unnaturally fast and I felt as if at any second she would shatter it into a million peices.

Her warm hand reached out to cup my pale and tilt my head to look at her. "Look at me," she said softly when she relized I was averting her eyes. When I did, I saw the sparkling of tears in her beutiful eyes."I love you, Sally," she whispered softly. "I love you like nothing else. Sally you are my everything, that's why I get so mad and protective."

As we sat on the couch that night crying happy tears and holding one another, I felt as if I were in a dream. I felt detached from my own body, as if I were watching us, not actually participating.

"Good night," Sammy said before layinig a sweet, tender kiss on my lips. She grabbed her car keys and rushed into the blackiness of the night. Her figure blended in with the shadows as she raced to her car, almost skipping.

I silently watched her car pull out of my driveway and down the street before slowly closing the door behind me. Tonight could not have went better but down deep in my heart I felt something was wrong. I felt something dark and menicing creeping around the next corner.

Shrugging it off, I skipped up stairs and put on my hello kitty pj's. A smile lay on my lips as I removed my tongue ring and through it in the trash. Humming softly, I tucked myself into the safe confinds of my bed.

Nightmares flooded my dreams that night which was rare. Blood and glass were everywhere as if there had been a car wreck. There was a mangled mess of flesh but it was impossible to tell who the corpse was known as before.

A blaring ring jolted me upright. There was a hard pounding in my chest as my heart pounded against my body to escape. Reaching for the phone, anger washed over me. Here it is eleven o'clock at night and some ass hole is going to call me.

"Hello," I said gruffly, not trying very hard hide the anger and hostilty in my voice.

"Sammy was in a wreck....you have to come now."