Status: Active.

You Just Do

Gone Too Far

Okay, so I really shouldn’t have gone that far, I didn’t have to push my luck as far as I did, but I just wanted to know, wanted to feel the adrenaline and most of all I wanted to be part of the group. I wanted to fit in and not be the freak.

For once I wasn’t compared to my older brother and I was just myself. I was Olivier and no one else. No one else mattered for once.

Sure the people I chose to hang out with weren’t the teachers favourite people, if anything the teachers hated them, but anything was better than to be compared or ignored.

My brother had gone to this school 7 years ago, yet teachers still remembered him as the loud mouth, funny kid, who might have slacked off yet was still bright and helpful.

Olivier this is the last straw! You’re failing all of your classes, you come home drunk, high or both more or less every second night!” my mom shouted at me.

I looked up at her, my eyes half mast, a giggle passing my lips.

Why did she have two heads? Since when was she a snake? Woah man… my mom was one ugly snake! Her hair was like that of Cleopatra’s!

I giggled and looked away, swinging back from side to side on my chair, looking around the room. Everything was spinning and the colors seemed to change every time I looked away and back. It went from light blue to dark blue to purple and back to light blue.

In my hazy mind I couldn’t decide whether or not purple was the actual color. Everything was spinning and blurry. Guess I had a few too many vodka shots… maybe it was the weed? It had to be something I did that night, because I could barely remember the party, now here I was, innocent little me, sitting at the dinner table with my parents glaring down at me.

What did I do wrong again?

Olivier, listen to your mother!” My father scolded me, his voice an entire octave higher in my ears, causing me to burst out and laugh once more

Of course this was the wrong response. I guess they were being serious, but are they retarded? From all the times where I had come home, drunk, high, late or not even at all, they should realize that I was never in any state to talk to… so why would this be any different?

He’s hopeless…” my mother sighed.

Enfin! Someone who understands, that teenagers are non-accessible things when too high or drunk, or in my case, both.

My mom shook her head and walked out, my father following close behind her. He had always been her little lap dog doing whatever she said, what she wanted him to do.

I ignored everything though and got up or at least trying to. It was an evil game. I wasn’t allowed to touch the cracks between the tiles on the floor. Otherwise I would lose lives and I’d die and the game would be over.

I had to make it to the fridge in time, otherwise all my food would be gone. And damn was I ever hungry. You couldn’t imagine how much food someone my size could devour. I might’ve only been 5’4, but I sure as hell ate. Especially when I had the munchies and in that moment I had them, bad.

Wake up Olivier!” I heard someone whisper harshly in my ear.

I groaned, already feeling the headache and the stomach ache. I so wasn’t down for another day of this. My parents would just scream at me and tell me useless and pointless things…

Olivier!” My name was screamed this time, loudly might I add.

This caused me to fall over, an entire plate full of spaghetti toppling to the floor with me. My back hit the hard floors as I woke up to a screeching headache.

I rolled over, squinting my eyes trying to get away from the bright light. Who decided to let the sun in? Where was I even? Why was I in a kitchen with a shit load of noodles all over me?!

Olivier, since you don’t listen to me, or your father anymore, we have to do some other changes around here.” I heard the loud and annoying voice of my mother say from above.

I groaned, but didn’t react any other way. I was in way too much pain, “Maybe we can discuss if you would give me some advil.” I stated.

I heard a loud, annoyed sigh from her as she stomped off to get me some painkillers. She stomped off, because I could feel the floor shaking under her angry struts towards the medicine cabinet. This woman needed to learn to control her elephantine feet!

I sat up and leaned against the door looking over at the woman who called herself mom. She handed me some painkillers which I swallowed dry. It comes easy with time and practice…

So, now that you’re finally sober, you can listen to us?” my dad asked me.

I nodded, looking bored between the two, ready to block them out. I’ve heard this pointless speech over and over again about how I used to be so cute and amazing, now though I was the complete opposite, which was wrong, since I was still cute and cuddly!

We’re sending you to Pittsburgh.” my dad stated.

My entire world just shattered in front of my eyes. Here I was, in Quebec, living my life, when all of a sudden my parents decided to send me away! To send me to some place in Pittsburgh! To do what?!

Why?!” I shouted horrified.

Olivier, you have gotten out of control! You fail, you party, you get high, you’ve lost every last bit of respect you had! So we think it’s best if we just send you to live with your brother, give you some time away from us parents. It’s the last hope we have…” mom whined.

All the thoughts of a headache and stomach pains were forgotten as I jumped up in rage, “Tabarnak! You can’t do that to me!” I shouted, “I am 19, I’ve got every right to just leave you guys and live on my own!”

With what money will you live on your own?” my mom asked.

I growled and turned away, “But Pittsburgh is so bleh… and… probably no cute guys there! Do you want me to be alone for the rest of my life? You want me to die a virgin?!” I shouted.

My mom had always been okay with my sexuality, yet my dad acted slightly iffy about it. He ignored me every time I started talking about a cute guy, about someone I liked. He didn’t hate me, he just hated the idea of me being a homosexual

Crisse Olivier! You’re going that’s final!” my dad shouted, banging his fist on the table, before storming off.

I glared after him, muttering every curse word in the book, English and French.

My mom looked after my father sadly, shaking her head, as though regretting everything she just did. Yeah bitch, you better feel guilty about sending you’re precious baby boy away to some evil city like Pittsburgh!

I’ll go pack then…” I hissed.

Your dad and I packed your bag already.” she told me.

I rolled my eyes as I walked down the hall into my room, slamming my door shut. My computer was gone, my phone wasn’t on its place anymore, everything I held dear to me was missing. My CD’s, my Ipod… how long was I staying in Pittsburgh?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so This is a new slaaaash

Italics is everything said in French!

It does contain Hockey, but you do not have to really know anything about the sport to understand this, at least you don't have to be a huge fan!!

Evgeni 'Geno' Malkin
Olivier Talbot

Please Comment and Subscribe

<3