Status: Active.

You Just Do

Get Awkward.

When I first laid eyes on him I knew he was special. I felt a connection, almost magnetic, between us. Never had I experienced anything like it before. If I was a cliché teenage girl, I would say it was love at first sight and being calling all my friends to tell them he was the one. But I am not. I’m a tough hockey player. I should be going through puck sluts like Max or settling down with a nice girl like Sid. I honestly had no idea why I was so attracted to this boy. I have never been attracted to a boy before. It had never crossed my mind that I could be gay. All I could think about was him, my mind needed to stop thinking.

********

As he snuggled next to me, content washed over me. I smiled and breathed in the scent of cologne from the now sleeping boy. After glancing over at the wall clock, reading one something in the morning, I decided it was time to go to bed. Shrugging Olivier off, I stood up and looked down at the sound asleep boy. My callused hand reached down to shake him awake but I couldn’t. He looked so cute sleeping and I just could not wake him. I could not just leave him on the couch though, so I gently picked him up. Again he wrapped his legs around my waist, but did not wake. He laid his head on my shoulder and started nuzzling into my neck. A shiver rose up my spine as he breathed steadily onto my neck.

I moved quickly up the stairs and quietly pushed open the guest room’s door at the far end of the hallway. After laying him down on the newly made bed, I pulled the blankets over his small frame. I also took huge glasses off of his face and put them on the bedside table. He snuggled farther down into the bed and his head disappeared under the heavy quilt. God, he is so adorable, I thought before I shut the door and strolled down the hallway towards my room.
I stripped down to my boxers and started into the adjoining to brush my teeth. In the middle of brushing my teeth, I heard a muffled yelp come from Olivier’s room. Quickly I rinsed out my mouth and threw on an old shirt and flannel pants. I practically ran down the hall and burst into the room. There under the covers was Olivier’s shaking form. My heart froze with fear.

“What’s wrong?!” I asked, freaked out, plopping down on the bed next to him. He didn’t answer and that is when I realized his eyes were closed. He was still asleep. He was having a nightmare. He let out a whimper and he face was twisted with fright. I quickly shook him awake. He looked up at me with squinting eyes. He was trying to figure out who I was and where he was but couldn’t do that due to the lack of glasses. I grabbed the monstrous glasses and handed them to him. He quickly put them on and stared up at me with now wide eyes.

“I sorry for waking you, but you had nightmare,” I said quietly, hoping he could understand me.

He nodded, “Oh okay. I scared from movie,” he said sadly.

“We did not have to watch a horror movie,” I replied feeling awful.

“Non! Non! Je… I love ‘orror movies, mais nightmares after.”

“Well, you back to bed. I will go,” I said, turning to leave.

“Geno,” he said timidly. I turned. “Can you stay with me?” he finished shyly, looking down.

“Yes, I stay Olivier. I get blankets for floor,” but instead he scooted over and motioned towards the bed.

“Non, you sleep here. Floor not comfy.” I nodded and slid in next to him.

“Goodnight.”

“Goodnight,” he repeated, turning over.

I laid on my back trying to fall asleep next to the beautiful creature. Who would have known I would be sleeping with him on the first day I met him? Wow that sounded wrong, I meant laying next to him to sleep. I couldn’t fall asleep since my mind kept wandering to him. Finally, giving up on trying to control my thoughts, I let my mind wander.

As I was just staring at the ceiling, thinking, he rolled over. I looked over to find him scooting closer to me. Suddenly, I felt his scrawny arm being slung across my waist. I froze at first, and then relaxed into his hold. I felt peaceful and calm. And I finally just stopped thinking and my mind relaxed. I unconsciously snuggled closer and promptly fell asleep. My last thought was This is going to be awkward tomorrow morning..
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you everyone for all of you comments and for subscribing. Don't be a silent reader please.