It's Never Gonna Be Too Late.

Just Let Her Go.

Alex's POV.

I stared at the carpet in the living room.
She did it.
Ashe really did it.
She left Gerard.
Some how it still didn't make much sense to me.
They seemed perfect, but I guess every couple has their weaknesses.
"Ashe, I couldn't act like a bitch to you. Honestly, you've done nothing wrong. Yeah, you've been moody, but who isn't? I mean, really."
"Thanks, Alex. I guess I don't give you that much credit. I've known you my whole life, yet I've never given the effort to get to know you. Thanks, Alex...thanks."
"Don't mention it. It's no problem for me. I'm gonna go back and try to get a couple more hours sleep. When I get back up, just tell me what you need from your apartment."
I got up off the couch and walked back into my room.
I heard her mumble a quiet "thanks" as I left.
I climbed back in bed with Bob as the air conditioning silently turned back on.
It had gotten near seventy degrees in the house; the same as it was outside.
Bob turned towards me with open eyes.
"What'd you just do? Were you talking with Ashe?" he asked.
"Yeah, I'll tell you everything when we officially wake up," I told him.
I shifted so my back faced Bob.
He wrapped his arms around me and I fell asleep.
The two of us woke up around 11 A.M.
It was a little more than just a couple hours of sleep.
We walked out to the living room and saw Ashe was already awake.
"How long have you been awake?" I asked.
"About an hour or so. I didn't want to wake the two of you," she said.
I got into the small kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water.
Bob opened the fridge to find something other than water to drink, but had no luck.
"Bob, I'm going to take a shower and then run out to fetch some things. I'll be back in a few hours, okay?"
"Oh, alright," he smirked and kissed my cheek.
By the time I had showered, gotten dressed, done some last few things, and even thought about going to Gerard's, it was 12:30.
I got my purse, the keys to the car, and went out the front door after saying "Bye."
I pulled into another parking lot and parked the car.
I knocked on Gerard's door several times before he decided to open it.
He looked tired and had a real bad hangover.
"Where's Ashe? Have you seen or talked to her? Why would she do that?!"
I proceeded into his apartment as he continued to talk.
"Hey, get back here. Why are you here?"
I walked into the bedroom that was once both Gerard and Ashe's to find her stuff.
I first grabbed some of her clothes and her make-up.
"What are you doing?" Gerard asked.
"What does it look like?" was the first thing I had said to him.
"That's her stuff. She does live here. Don't do that."
"Did live here," I corrected him.
I picked up anything else she'd mention that I hadn't already and started for the door.
Gerard gripped my arm.
"Alex, please don't do this. I know she'll come back. She doesn't want this. Don't do this."
"Stop, Gerard," I ordered. "Just stop. Just let her go."
He let go of my arm and watched as I left his apartment.
He was a train wreck.