Clothes Off!

{13}

"This is ridiculous!" Evie hissed as she and Izzy made their way out of the club. Because it was shutting early, they had decided to go and get some drinks from a local bar that Izzy's friend owned.

"It's only one night," Izzy tried to reason, causing Evie to roll her eyes.

"I know that, but it's one night with Peter Wentz in charge of a strip joint. It was bad enough being a customer for the prick."

"You're just worried because you slept with Brendon," Izzy shrugged. "Pete can't argue the fact that he's never had a one night stand before."

Evie sighed. "True, but I'd rather not come into work tomorrow."

"Tough shit, you're not leaving me alone with him."

The two girls pushed open the doors to the bar, letting the conversation end at that. Evie knew that Izzy would drag her to work tomorrow if she had to.

They settled themselves at the bar and ordered drinks, casual conversation flowing easily between them as they both tried to force the up-coming "nightmare" as Evie had described it earlier, out of their consciousness.

The bar stool next to Izzy scraped backwards and she turned to glance, her cheeks flooded with colour by the time she looked back at Evie, who was almost giggling.

"It seems that you have a stalker," she whispered. "I'll be right back."

"E!"

Evie winked as she slipped from her barstool, sliding her bottle of Becks beer for Izzy to hold onto and moulded her body into the crowd.

As she weaved her way towards the back of the dance floor, where the bathrooms were situated, Evie felt eyes boring into the back of her head. She wasn't sure whether it was some creepy dancer-guy or not, but the breath of air that came from breaking the tight crowd gave her little sense of security.

She almost screamed when she felt a hand clamp down on her shoulder, her body lurching. The person steadied her and turned her to face them. She took a step back when she saw Brendon smiling down on her.

"Hi..." she mumbled.

"Hey," he nodded, eyebrow quirking. He was thinking of what to say, she was sure. He was making her nervous - something she'd never been before around a boy.

She flicked her hair and batted her eyelashes, watching Brendon's eyes become unfocussed for a second, before falling back onto the thought track.

"You left," he finally said. She nodded; bit her lip.

"I know."

"Why?"

She sighed. Why did she have to give an excuse as to why she left? Why couldn't she leave? "It was a one night thing. We were drunk," she shrugged, trying to use that as her leaving point. Brendon caught her arm.

"You were right when you said you were a bitch to me. But, for some reason, I can't fucking stop chasing you. Why do you have to keep running?"

Evie gave him a surprised look before she shrugged out of his grasp. "Give me a reason to stay."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, please?
I adore feedback.