Clothes Off!

{14}

Evie drummed her fingers against the bar as Izzy poured a drink for Pete. He wasn't particularly bad at running a club, though neither had expected it. He had his own, after all.

"Smile," Pete grinned. "How do you expect business with a face like a smacked arse?"

Evie rolled her eyes dramatically before breaking into a coy smile.

"Better," Pete shrugged. "Now, go dance."

"Go dance? Wow, you've done this before," Crystal laughed, planting herself down at the bar beside her friend. She ordered a drink from Izzy, before letting her eyes take in Pete. "Just leave the mechanics to us."

"Who else is on tonight?" Evie asked, slinging one leg over the other. She'd made a point to not speak a word to Pete Wentz unless she had to, and so far it was working out.

"Trinity and Cinnamon," Crystal listed with a sigh. "Quiet night."

"Yeah, totally." Evie stood up from her chair and smiled as she passed Izzy. "We'll see you in a bit."

"Oh, girls!"

Evie and Crys turned back to look at Pete, eyebrows raised.

"I have some friends coming in tonight. Be nice to them."

They nodded and headed off towards the few customers that were in the joint.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evie was thankful for the quiet nights. She didn't make a lot of money in tips, but she got to relax and talk to her friends in the club, even if they were few and far between. Most of the girls were just jealous.

Unfortunately, when Pete had mentioned friends, instead of a small group like the girls had anticipated, a horde came through the large oak doors.

Pete's friends consisted mostly of the party-goers from before, but some were new faces and most thought they could get away with murder. Izzy, on bar with Mike, was almost ready to call Jason after only an hour of constant abuse to the girls.

Evie knew which people to avoid, and danced around them. She never got close enough to touch because sexual harassment wasn't an issue tonight. Pete let his friends get away with murder.

"I'm ready to put a heel through the neck of some of those jerks," Cinnamon growled out as she placed herself at her dresser. Trinity nodded and Crystal silently fumed. Evie sighed.

"So, we just don't go back out."

"And risk losing our jobs? We need this money," Trinity muttered. "I have a kid, you know."

"I can't believe this is happening!" Crystal screamed. "I've never been treated this badly in my life. I'm calling in the bouncers. If Pete tries to stop them, they can drag him out too!"

The door clicked open to the dressing room and the girls turned, glares fixed firmly in place.

"Uhm Pete sent me to see what was happening," Brendon blushed. He'd not really been noticed in the arrogant group. He'd spent most of the night at the bar with Ryan ordering waters for their "friends".

Crystal stood, ready to scream at him.

"Leave it, C," Trinity sighed. "Tell him we'll be out."

"You're kidding, right?" Evie hissed. "I'm not going back out there!"

Brendon looked taken aback by the tone of her voice and he stalled as he went to leave the room. "I can talk to them if you want."

The girls turned their attention back to him, eyes narrowed.

"I-I can see if I can get them to calm down. I-if not, I'll come back and warn you."

"You'd do that for us?" Cinnamon asked. He nodded.

"Thanks, kid," she smiled. He looked at Evie one last time before he left and she flashed him a grateful smile. Brendon nodded and left through the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make me smile.
And update.
: D