Clothes Off!

{17}

Izzy looked at Evie as she placed herself at the bar. Her freshly glossed lips were pushed into a pout and her eyes were glazed with vacancy. She dropped a glass of whisky in front of her friend and Evie finally snapped into attention.

"Thanks."

"What's up with you today?"

Evie blinked and shook her head. "Nothing."

Izzy scoffed, "Come on, E-Porsche. I'm not as clueless as Crystal. I actually know when something's wrong with you." She flicked her bright pink fringe from her eyes and glared. Evie had never seen Izzy glare at her before and it was kind of intimidating. She shrugged.

"Nothing's the matter, Iz."

"It's Brendon, isn't it?"

Evie's face drained of all colour but she shook her head firmly. Izzy sighed.

"I saw him follow after you last night." She licked her lips. "Is he finally getting to you?"

"Nobody gets to me, Iz. I get to people. I get stuck in their heads. They don't get stuck in mine." She couldn't mumble the except Brendon that danced on the tip of her tongue, but that didn't seem to matter to Izzy, because it looked as though she already knew.

"What did you do?"

Evie opened her mouth to speak, but shut it when Jason approached, a smile gracing his features. "Did you miss me, ladies?"

"Anything's better than Peter Wentz," Izzy snapped, before dropping down to the other end of the bar to see to another customer. Jason wrinkled his nose.

"He was a bad replacement choice, then."

"Most definitely," Evie sighed. "Ask the girls. You mind if I take early leave tonight? I don't feel so good."

Jason glanced around the club and nodded. It was a relatively quiet night, considering it was a Monday. Even Vegas stopped sometimes. "You can go at one."

Evie smiled gratefully before she slipped over to the pole to start up her routine under Jason's instruction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evie pulled up outside a Starbucks to get some tea before she headed home that night. She couldn't wait to curl up beneath the blankets with a movie and no chances of seeing Brendon Urie lurking around.

She'd been nervous that he was going to show up to work all night. Thus her performance had been a little sloppy and her takings had been a little lower than they usually were. But, she didn't care. So long as she got out of there as fast as she could.

Accepting her tea and handing over the money, Evie turned around and gasped when she almost bumped into a chest.

"H-hi, Brendon."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh snap!
Comments, please.
I love them.