Clothes Off!

{18}

Brendon blinked at Evie before he smiled, wide. "Hey! You're off work early."

Evie nodded. "I wasn't feeling too good. Just getting some tea." She wiggled her cup before letting a smile grace her features - though her insides didn't feel like it. She nodded at him, again. "Maybe I'll see you later?"

"Oh, right. Yeah," Brendon sighed a little. "I hope you feel better. Maybe we can get a drink when you do?"

"We've had tones of drinks, Brendon," she joked lightly. Brendon shook his head.

"Not as a client. As a date."

Evie stammered for a second, desperately trying to think of a non-hurtful response. But, she'd slept with him and she wasn't drunk. She was completely sober and she'd liked it. Neither of them could deny that it had been a good night. Evie sighed and tightened her grip on her warm cup of tea. "O-okay."

And Evie scrawled her number on his palm - her real number - and rushed from the coffee shop, cursing herself because she was collapsing into this thing she didn't want to be.

She was starting to feel something towards him. She'd never felt anything more than attraction towards someone before. And though she'd never denied Brendon his looks, she'd denied him space in her head.

And maybe it was the fact that she'd made him so forbidden that he was suddenly all that she could think about.

But Evie was determined to fix the way she felt.

She was Evie Dale and she'd be damned if she let Brendon win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to deny Brendon was harder than Evie assumed, though. After giving him her number several days ago, he'd called once a day before she went to work to wish her luck and just to generally speak to her, before he finally bucked up the courage to ask her out the next time she wasn't working.

And Evie had wanted to object, but that wouldn't fit in with her plans. She had to make sure that Brendon wouldn't call her again.

She had to make sure that she'd forget all about him and he'd forget all about her.

She had to make sure that she didn't fall head over heels for the stupid pretty band boy that she'd accidentally slept with twice.

She sighed as she fixed her make-up in the mirror.

It was her date night and she was dressed to kill.

The colour of her dress matched her eyes perfectly and made them pop. Her shoes had just enough heel to make her legs seem like they went on forever. Her hair was curled and framed about her face.

Brendon wouldn't know what hit him.

And neither would she.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel sad that this is ending soon.
: (

ps. i couldn't be bothered to check this. excuse typos.