Clothes Off!

{07}

Evie smiled as she stepped through to one of the private rooms. Her silvery heels barely made a sound over the music.

"Ready? You're in for a surprise," Jason smirked as he leaned outside of the private party room door. Evie could hear the sultry music playing from beneath the veiled door.

"I can handle anything, Jase. Don't you know that by now?" Evie smirked. She saw the faintest of blushes rising on his cheeks as her smirk became coy. She batted her eyelashes sweetly before passing him and heading into the back of the room.

She glanced, briefly, into the mirror again. Her reflection was perfect. She knew it wasn't cocky to think so, but the girls had done a great job with her hair and her make-up and outfit complemented her complexion and body in ways that drew in eyes from any part of the room.

This was the prime outfit for a one-woman show.

She headed towards the curtains that split the room and paused, smoothing out her sexy, little red dress. The beat moulded into another track and she pushed the curtains back, her trade-mark smile lighting her face.

It almost dropped as her eyes took in the room.

What the fuck?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She realised that she had been tricked far too late. Not that she really minded being tricked for the sort of money she was being paid.

She was just doing her job, who could blame her?

"Hi," Brendon breathed from his seat on the back wall.

"Hello."

Evie made her voice as smooth as silk to hide her surprise.

Brendon was the only occupant aside from herself within the confines of the private dance room. She wondered if this was Brendon taking the advice she'd given to Ryan seriously, or whether he was tricked too.

She supposed it was probably the latter from Brendon's slight shock, too.

"All alone?" she smiled, slipping into the seat next to him and accepting the glass of champagne he offered her. She took a light sip.

"So it would seem," he chuckled. He toyed with his champagne flute. "I would like your number, you know. Pete and Ryan they're dicks," he muttered.

Evie felt bad. She wanted to hug him. And she almost considered giving him her real number. But, where would that get her? She smiled brightly and winked at Brendon, "Wait here."

When she returned five minutes later, she was holding a small sheet of pink card, with some numbers and a name scribbled on the top. Brendon's eyes lit up, though he hid his excitement.

"Thanks."

She nodded. "A dance, sir?"

He rolled his eyes. "I thought you'd never ask."
♠ ♠ ♠
I have to go for an operation today.
I'm not looking forward to it.
: (