Clothes Off!

{08}

Evie was thankful for a day off. She hadn't had one in what felt like years and the idea of spending the day in bed eating junk food and drinking beer sounded terribly appealing.

Though when she checked her cupboards, the only things she could find were bottles of Snapple and boxes of cereal.

So much for a day in bed; now she'd have to go shopping. She sighed as she wandered out of her nicely sized apartment, her feet barely inside her shoes as the door clicked locked behind her.

She stuffed her keys into her pocket and headed for the elevator, slipping on a pair of over-sized sunglasses in the process.

She was thankful that there was a supermarket just around the corner. It meant that she didn't have to drag herself into her car and drive around in Las Vegas traffic.

It meant that she wouldn't over spend or buy things she didn't need.

Evie always felt guilty about spending money. No matter how much she made, or how much she loved it, she'd much rather have the money in her bank than the items in her apartment.

She propped her glasses on her head as she glided into the store, basket in hand.

"Fancy meeting you here."

Evie could have groaned when she turned to find the owner of the voice. "I thought you would have gone by now."

"I'm not leaving until you give my friend a real number," Pete said steadfastly, almost gluing himself to Evie's side. She rolled her eyes and picked up a carton of milk from a shelf.

"It's not my style."

"Brendon's worth breaking uniform if you just gave him a chance!"

"It's a rule of mine not to date customers," she shrugged. "Why does he care so much about a stripper?"

Pete shrugged. "Look, just have a coffee with him. You don't have to give him your number - I'll arrange it all."

"Doesn't that mean giving you my number? I'd much rather Peter Wentz didn't have that kind of information."

"You don't like me?" he pouted. She shook her head and he shrugged. "Please?"

"One coffee, if it'll get you the Hell away from me."

"Deal."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evie drummer her fingers noisily against the cool table. In front of her sat a muffin and a mocha latte.

She was waiting for Brendon to appear. Pete's persistence had only gotten her to cave so far as allowing him to phone Brendon whilst he was in the middle of the store and arrange it that way.

Evie wasn't going to give someone like Pete her number.

"A pretty girl like you shouldn't be sitting all alone."

Evie's eyes unfocused on the hardly touched cup of coffee in front of her and found Brendon standing in front of her, smiling. She cocked her head to the side. Where had that confidence come from?

"Probably not," she licked her lips. "Maybe you should keep me company."

"And here I was thinking you were forced into this," he laughed, scraping back his chair. Evie said nothing to contradict him.

"Your friends are persistent."

"Sometimes it works in my favour." His brown eyes met hers and she was surprised to see only a of shimmer shyness left in them.

"I guess so," she agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
And on that bombshell, I'm going to get ready.
There might be an update later tonight. Depends on the pain.
: S