Clothes Off!

{09}

Evie was bored. It was rather rude to admit, she had decided, but she was.

It was probably because she didn't really want to be there. She had started to drown Brendon out every time he spoke, only nodding and laughing when necessary. Dealing with people she'd rather not see everyday, she'd grown accustomed to appropriate response times.

She took languid sips of her coffee and watched the patrons of Starbucks as they walked in and out of the store over Brendon's shoulders. He didn't notice. He thought she was watching him.

Even though he'd come out of his shell a lot, and was making a big effort, Evie prided herself on not becoming attached. Distance was the key to her lifestyle.

"I'm glad you decided to have coffee with me," Brendon smiled after half an hour of idle chit-chat. Evie drew herself back into the conversation. She'd have to watch what she said here or she'd end up back in the same situation.

She nodded at Brendon, a smile lifting the corner of her lips. He blushed slightly.

"M-maybe you'd like to do it again sometime?"

"Maybe," Evie nodded. She glanced down at her watch and sighed. She'd only wanted to get some groceries before spending the rest of the day in bed. That was almost three hours ago. "I'm sorry. I have to go, Brendon."

He nodded, jumping to his feet as she rose from her chair. "Do you think I could have your number? Your real one, this time."

Evie bit her lip gently. "Maybe some other time. You know where to find me." She winked at Brendon as she said her goodbyes and exited the Starbucks, drawing eyes as she left.

As soon as she reached her apartment, she grinned. She'd just earned herself another night of decent tips, indefinitely. Brendon's friends were determined to break her walls down. And so was Brendon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated this because this was a short part.
I'd really like some comments or messages about what you think of this story.
:]