Status: It's Finished :(, I Shall Be Gone A While As I Finish Haner's Kids and Write The Sequel To This!!!

Forever and Always

Chapter 2

Paul’s POV

I heard the howl that called the pack and immediately Jacob and I were out of the door heading towards the trees where we shed our clothes and put them in the small sacks we carried around or necks then changed and ran towards the clearing as wolves.

Once at the edge I shifted back and clothed myself in jean shorts and a green t-shirt then stepped into the clearing to find Sam stood there talking to Quil who had got there before us, him living the closest to the clearing. I walked over and we waited for the others to show up, Embry, Jared, and then Seth with a reluctant Leah came into the clearing and we all stood around Sam waiting for him to tell us why he bought us here.

He looked at us all before he said
“I called you here because some new people moved here today” I rolled my eyes, he called us here for this? Beside me Jacob leaned over and whispered
“I heard it was a woman and her daughter” a grin came to my face then, maybe this would be interesting, new meat for me to sleep with. I looked at Sam as he spoke
“they live just through the woods from Jacob” convenient I thought “they apparently lived here when the daughter was young and the mother is a native, they are getting reacquainted and I don’t want any of you scaring them, plus the girl is kind of recovering from a problem so I don’t want you guys scaring her” he looked at me in particular and I just grinned back at him. He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck before he said “you need to include their grounds in your patrols, like Jacob they are close to the border so more at risk to any stray vampires, watch them and beware that the girl likes to wander around” we all nodded then he smiled “ok you guys can go but remember Jacob and Paul you are patrolling tonight” we nodded then everyone walked off into the woods to change and go home.

Jacob and I made it back to his where we ate then got in a couple of hours sleep before we headed out on patrol.

Jacob took one side and I took the other, mine just happened to cover the side where the new people were so I decided to go and investigate them. I padded over to their land and sniffed around, I caught the scent of food and my mouth watered a little before I caught other scents and I sorted through them all and catalogued them, no vampire had been here but I could smell the individual people. Emily and Sam had been here today to visit and I could catch their fading scent, of course Sam would come and see them to make sure they were alright and not murderers or something. I sniffed some more before I caught the most alluring scent I had ever smelled.

It smelled like vanilla and sex, well that’s what it reminded me off but it was a mixture of things, it was however damn sweet and tickled my nose while making my jaws fill with saliva at the taste, inviting me to find the owner and lick them to get a proper taste of it. I breathed it in more and followed the scent to the back room of the house, I couldn’t see much but from what I could see I guessed this was the daughter’s room as the scent also had a youthful edge to it. I tried to see them but they were covered by a duvet so I couldn’t see their face.

I shook my head to clear it and moved away from the window to get away from the images then turning around I loped into the trees and ran a distance away until I was near Embry’s and I let out a howl, letting out my frustrations and everyone would know that, not think it an emergency.

After patrol I found nothing and nor did Jacob so we met in the clearing before heading back home where we shifted back then walked into the house and went to our rooms, I lived in the attic space, where I fell onto my bed and was out like a light.