Status: It's Finished :(, I Shall Be Gone A While As I Finish Haner's Kids and Write The Sequel To This!!!

Forever and Always

Chapter 27

Analeigh’s POV

Sam stared at Leah, shocked. I grimaced at the expression and I saw Leah bite her lip and look down at the ground, her face kind of crumpling.

Sam shook his head a moment as if to clear it before asking
“did you just say you don’t want to be a wolf anymore?” he asked; Leah nodded, still looking at the ground. Sam frowned “why don’t you want to be a wolf anymore?” he asked, Leah bit her lip and shook her head before shooting a glance in my direction, silently asking me to tell him.

I sighed and gave him a small smile before telling him
“Leah wants a family Sam, you know to have kids and things and we all know that with her now being a shape shifter that won’t happen for her, it’s something that she wants so much she is willing to give this up. She understands it’s a big responsibility to be able to look after the reservation, a big honor, but this is something she has wanted her whole life and the fact that she can’t have that now is killing her Sam” I got it all out with Sam staring at Leah the whole time.

When I finished he ran a hand through his hair, tugging it lightly, before he lifted his arms slightly
“I understand that you would want a family Leah, really I do, I mean it’s important” he broke off to stare out the window a moment before carrying on “we have a large amount in the pack anyway and plus we didn’t know why you transformed in the first place as women aren’t supposed to” he broke off to sigh again before looking back at Leah and smiling “if you don’t want to be one anymore then I can’t stop you and to be honest I wouldn’t want to, if this is something you feel that strongly over then do it” he finished.

I looked at him with a thankful smile and he gave me a nod and a smile before looking at Leah and asking
“so do you really not want to be one anymore?” Leah just nodded and he nodded back “then you don’t have to be, do you want me to tell the guys?” he asked kindly. Leah finally looked up and I could see tears in her eyes as she nodded. Sam smiled and walked over to her, giving her a short hug before turning and walking out the front door.

Leah turned to me looking slightly lost as the tears started to fall. I got to my feet and went to her, wrapping my arms around her tall frame, shushing her
“shh honey, stop crying, see it wasn’t bad and now you can get on with your life” I reminded her and she carried on crying.

After what was a couple of hours she pulled away and wiped her eyes then asked me
“how long do you think it will take before I start aging again? If I don’t transform?” I shrugged, I could only guess
“I don’t know, a year? Two maybe?” I guessed, Leah sighed and flopped down on the sofa
“I want to start now, I want to be normal again” I chuckled and sat down beside her
“oh honey you were never normal” I teased; she laughed and whacked me lightly with a cushion she had beside her.

We sat and talked about things for a while before it started to get dark so I said good bye and headed home.

Arriving home I found Mom making food, she smiled at me and asked
“did you have a good day?” I nodded as I sat down
“yeah, I spent the day with Leah” I told her, she looked at me confused
“I thought you would be with Paul?” I shook my head
“no he had to patrol” Mom bit her lip and nodded before smiling apologetically
“sorry it still takes getting used to” I shrugged before looking at the food
“is there enough for me?” I asked, Mom chuckled before sliding the plate she had been making up over to me, I grinned before picking up the fork and digging in.

I opened my window before crawling into bed and pulling the covers up around me, snuggling in to wait for Paul.

I must have been very tired though as I fell asleep, only to be awoken not much later to the sound of the window sliding closed and the blanket being pulled away, a warm body getting in behind me.

Paul wrapped an arm around me and I snuggled back into him groggily, he chuckled and leaned down to kiss my cheek
“hey darling” he greeted I mumbled back a hello which made him chuckle again before asking
“is Leah really not gonna be a wolf anymore?” I nodded
“no she’s not” I mumbled, I felt him nod against the back of my head before he smoothed my hair and whispered
“go back to sleep Ana” I nodded and snuggled down again, he wrapped an arm around me and I relaxed back into sleep.