Status: It's Finished :(, I Shall Be Gone A While As I Finish Haner's Kids and Write The Sequel To This!!!

Forever and Always

Chapter 56

Analeigh’s POV

I couldn’t help but giggle as Paul led me through the trees with his hands over my eyes. I was backed up against his front with one of his arms wrapped around my waist to make sure I didn’t fall while his other hand covered my eyes being that his hands are so big, he managed it.

Paul chuckled as I let out a little scream as he lifted me off my feet and over a large object I guessed to be a tree.

I giggled once more and pleaded

“come on Paul, tell me where we’re going?!” Paul chuckled

“no I won’t tell you, you’ll find out in a second anyway” he told me. I groaned but smiled.

Paul had come by this afternoon and told me to pack a small bag for the night then he dragged me out of the house and into the woods, covering my eyes so I couldn’t see exactly where we were going. If he was going to do something nice for me I wasn’t going to complain, the only thing I worried about was not being in range of help if something attacked us.

Paul finally came to a stop, staying behind me, and whispered in my ear

“ok I’m gonna take my hand off and if you don’t like it, I want you to tell me ok” I nodded but knew he sounded really nervous about whatever it was.

Paul’s hand was gone and I opened my eyes, blinking a couple of times to get used to the light before my eyes fixed on what was in front of me.

A grin spread across my face slowly and I turned to look up at Paul, finding him looking down at me nervously chewing his lip. I stood on my tip toes to reach his lips and kissed him softly before pulling away

“I love it, thank you” I told him. He stared at me a moment to make sure I wasn’t lying then a grin came to his face and he wrapped his arms around me once more, leaning down to kiss me quickly before asking for confirmation

“really?” I nodded and he let out a relieved sigh

“thank god, I had no idea what to do for our anniversary” he admitted. I giggled and stepped away to take his hand

“well this is great, best present I’ve had from a guy” I told him. He raised a brow

“other guys give you presents?” he asked with a hint of a growl. I giggled and shook my head

“the past babe, remember that” I told him before turning and looking at the scene before me again.

Paul had set up a tent but it was quite a large tent with a little gas cooker out front and through the flap door I could see sleeping bags and some other items inside. The area was pretty though with a few wild flowers growing out from between the green foliage that littered the ground in this forest and the sun managing to peak through the dense canopy above us.

I pulled Paul with me as I walked inside the tent and sat down on a sleeping bag, or well the only sleeping bag. I looked down at it before back at Paul with a raised brow. He gave an indignant look

“what? It gets cold out here” he tried to defend himself. I giggled and grabbed the front of the t-shirt he was wearing, bringing him closer to me so I could kiss him.

Paul groaned in satisfaction and leant back, taking me with him so I ended up straddling him as he knelt there on the ground, lips still attached.

His lips trailed down to my jaw as I gasped for breath. Moving down my jaw to my neck he found a piece of skin and sucked greedily at it, nipping as he went to be sure to leave a mark. I groaned and reached down for the bottom of his shirt, pulling it up and over his head causing his lips to leave my skin for a second making me whimper in dissatisfaction.

Paul chuckled into the kiss at the sound and reattached his lips to my own in a deep kiss before pulling away and giving us both time to breathe.

I looked up into his eyes and saw the love and lust there in them. He ran a hand up and down my back as he smiled at me, reaching up with the other hand to sweep my hair out of my face and behind my ear.

“well that was a welcome surprise” he said, I giggled and nodded before leaning forwards to peck him lightly then crawling off his lap and out of the tent once more.

I stood up and stretched slightly before looking back to see Paul grinning at me. I giggled and moved over to where I had left my bag, bringing it over to the tent and flopping down onto the ground in front of it I opened it up and routed around inside.

Paul came up and sat behind me, his legs on either side of me as he leant forwards into my back so he could see over my head and into the bag

“what you lookin’ for?” he asked, I bit my lip then answered

“I am looking for the Hershey’s bar I shoved in here earlier, I know I did... AH HA!” I exclaimed once I found it.

Paul chuckled and I smiled at him while I opened it and took a large bite. I reached my hand back to offer him some and he bent forwards to take a very large bite, nearly half the bar. I gasped in surprise and horror which made him laugh while I pouted.

“That was mine!” I said childishly, crossing my arms and pouting while laughing on the inside. Paul cooed and wrapped his arms around me

“aww don’t worry honey, I’ve got some other treats inside just waiting to be eaten” I giggled gleefully and clapped my hands in excitement making him fall into laughter again.

After gorging ourselves on junk food we lay inside the tent with the door flap open so I could stare up at the sky, well the little bit of sky available to us through the trees but in that little bit of sky there were a lot of stars.

Paul lay on his back as did I, though I had my head rested on his chest as he draped an arm across my chest and I grasped his hand loosely in my own. The silence was comfortable and I found my eyes closing periodically before they flew open as I tried to stay awake.

Paul and I had played around for a bit, running through the trees and wrestling over food with the odd make out session here and there so the day was fun and light, just what we’ve been needing lately.

My eyes fell shut again only to fly open and Paul chuckled, tightening his arm slightly

“go to sleep Ana” he told me, I groaned

“I don’t want to, and how do you know I keep going off?” I asked, I bent my head to look at him and saw him raising his brow at me

“because I’m superbly awesome and I can feel you relaxing as you drift” he informed me, I nodded and leant up on an elbow to reach his mouth, pulling him into a light kiss before I reached over and pulled the sleeping bag towards us.

Paul and I both climbed inside, hugging together because he was right and it was cold out so I needed his body warmth, my eyes closed and I was soon out of it with a smile seemingly stuck to my face now.