Status: It's Finished :(, I Shall Be Gone A While As I Finish Haner's Kids and Write The Sequel To This!!!

Forever and Always

Chapter 59

Paul’s POV

Shifting then walking into Sam’s place I took a seat at the table, nodding at the other guys, even the young ones who had been brought out of school by the howl.

I looked up at Sam who stood with a grim expression on his face; glancing behind him I saw Emily scrubbing the counter in the kitchen with a seemingly angry vigor which did not bode well.

Sam looked down at the floor for a moment before heaving a small sigh then looking back at us

“the Cullen’s are in trouble again” he informed us. A collective groan went through us all except Jacob and I assumed he knew what was up with them anyway. “Bella Swan is pregnant with a half vampire child, I’ve had Jacob watching over her when he can which is why he’s been on patrols less but it seems that the Volturi have found out and now they want to come and see the child as well as make sure Bella is turned” he explained.

I closed my eyes and fought the need to go and rip out a Cullen’s throat for their stupidity. Jacob shifted and we all turned our attention to him as he spoke

“Dr Cullen thinks Bella will give birth any day and they have found that the thing is encased in a hard vampire skin like sack which means they will have to rip it open with teeth in order to get it out” he paused a moment as shakes racked his body then he calmed and carried on “they think that Bella will have to be turned in order to save her life because the thing inside her will kill her in order to get out, if it comes to that Sam has given permission to bite her at my request” that did it. A shout went up as people got to their feet and started shouting about how wrong it was, me included.

I shook my head and walked right over to Sam

“what the hell man? Letting them bite a human?” Sam sighed and scrubbed a hand down his face

“it was that or Jacob was going to leave the pack, also we have a duty to protect those humans around us and if that means letting her become a bloodsucker in order to save her life because she will be having a kid then I have to let it happen” he told me. I shook my head

“this is messed up Sam” I told him, he nodded and looked at Jacob who sat there with his head bowed

“I know it is”

Analeigh’s POV

I laughed as I watched a boy race down the street after his skateboard that had escaped from him and taken off. Giggling I walked down the road towards home where I planned to swap some of my clothes that I had brought with me from Paul’s for some new ones.

Arriving home I grabbed the bag of dirty laundry I had left there on the porch during a break and took it in the house, emptying it out into the laundry basket before walking to my wardrobe and taking out some new items and placing them inside.

I grabbed an apple to munch on as I wrote Mom a note telling her where I would be then I grabbed up the bag and left the house, heading towards Paul’s.

I opened the door and smiled when I saw Paul’s sneakers by the table just in the door. I dropped my bag beside them and shucked my own shoes before padding through the rooms to find him.

I frowned when I found him nowhere; standing in the main room with my hands on my hips I frowned, wondering where he was. A sound caught my attention, a slight squeak of hinges, and I knew where he was.

I stood in the back door, leant against the door jam, watching him as he sat in the swing letting it move back and forth slowly while he stared out into the trees beyond the property.

He must have felt me there because without looking he reached out a hand to me which I gladly took as he pulled me towards him into his side as I sat down.

I traced a finger over his hand as I held it, following the lines of veins under the skin for a moment before looking up at him

“what’s going on Paul?” I asked in a quiet voice. Paul gave a small sigh, more of a shuddering breath, before he turned his eyes to me for a moment then back out at the trees

“we’re fighting vampires again” he told me.

I froze, my finger halting its movement along his skin; I think I even stopped breathing for a moment. Paul was going to fight vampires, Paul was putting himself in danger, Paul was risking getting hurt again, and Paul might get taken away from me again.

I must have been silent a while because Paul turned to me with a worried expression. He raised his hands and clasped my face lightly, turning it towards him as he looked into my eyes

“Ana?” he questioned. I rattled out a shaky breath and croaked

“why?” he sighed and closed his eyes for a second before opening them again

“Bella is pregnant, will have to be turned because it’s a half vampire and kill her as it comes out, the Volturi want to assess the threat and make sure she is turned” he gave me the short version.

I bit my lip and looked down at my lap. Paul groaned and pulled my head up gently, placing a kiss on my lips; I responded gently and he pulled away setting his forehead against my own

“there shouldn’t be a fight, we are there just for support in case they want to take the child or kill them” he tried to explain. I shook my head slightly

“so they want you to put yourselves in danger once more for a girl who couldn’t keep her hormones in check and wait until she was a vampire to fuck him? They expect you to aid them if there is a fight for a girl you barely know and for them who are your natural enemies?” I asked trying to work it out.

Paul placed a kiss on my temple then looked me in the eye once more

“you know the reasons we have to help them” he told me, I nodded

“yes, the same as last time but then again I only got that explained to me after the fact so I should be grateful for the warning this time” I said with a hint of bitterness. Paul raised a brow at my tone and I sighed, taking his hand again and holding it to my cheek “I don’t want you to be in danger Paul, I hate it, physically hate it and I know that if anything happened to you I would die, I don’t want anything to happen to you not in a million years” I bit back a sob. Paul’s face softened infinitely and he reached out, pulled me up and into his lap so I was straddling him, my arms wrapped around his neck as I buried my face in his shoulder.

He stroked my back in an effort to comfort me as he whispered in my ear

“nothing will happen, we’ll be fine, you’ll see” I just shook in his arms as I closed my eyes tight against the world, hating what was going to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
aww no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't help the blood suckers!