Status: It's Finished :(, I Shall Be Gone A While As I Finish Haner's Kids and Write The Sequel To This!!!

Forever and Always

Chapter 60

Analeigh’s POV

I waited until Paul had left that morning before calling Leah and asking her to come to my mother and I’s place.

I chewed on a thumb nail as I sat on the sofa waiting for her; my foot tapping against the floor with nervous energy.

The doorbell rang and I sprang up from my seat and ran to the door, throwing it open and pulling Leah into a tight hug.

Leah stood still in shock for a moment before she returned the hug, shutting the door behind her with her foot.

She rubbed a hand down my back for a minute before asking

“what’s going on Ana?” I pulled away and wiped under my eyes where they watered slightly. Leah looked at me concerned “is something wrong with Paul?” she asked, knowing that would set me off if something had.

I shook my head and ran a hand through my hair

“no, well not yet anyway” I told her, she furrowed her brow

“what? What’s going on?” Leah asked, getting really worried now.

I took her hand and led her to the sofa where we sat down and I sighed before telling her about the Cullens and what was going to happen with the Volturi.

By the time I finished Leah was shaking with anger and I looked at her concerned

“you’re not going to change are you?” I asked, she shook her head and clenched her fists to calm herself down.

Once she was calm she looked at me and asked

“so why are you so upset?” I bit my lip then answered

“I guess it’s because of what happened to Paul the last time he went up against vampires, he got hurt and could have died, I don’t want even the possibility of that happening again, I couldn’t take it Leah” I finished with a small sob, bringing a hand to my mouth to try and stop it. Leah gave a sympathetic smile and reached out to rub a hand along my arm

“that was different, he was ambushed and not prepared for it but they will be with this, they will know the date and time and even place it will happen so they will be fine. You have to have faith in them” she told me. I sighed then nodded

“I know it’s just so hard, I get panicky as it is when he goes on patrol but this is just something else, worse...” I trailed off.

Leah smiled slightly before getting to her feet

“look he will be fine, you need to hear this from him though” she stopped and looked around before looking back at me “look how about I postpone going to go and see Tommy so that I can stay here with you until this is over” she suggested.

My mouth fell open and I jumped to my feet, shaking my head

“no Leah! You have to go and see Tommy, you need to be happy and there is no way I’m going to let a little bit of anxiety get in the way of that for you” I told her, I saw she was about to argue so I carried on “Leah, please, I can wait it out with Emily and Kim but I don’t want you worrying about me instead of yourself, you’ve been waiting for this guy for ages, go be with him” I insisted.

Leah stared at me for a moment before pulling me into a hug

“it will be fine” she whispered in my ear. I nodded and hugged her tighter.

I waved as she walked down the road then closed the door and leant back against it.

Shaking my head at myself I stood up and walked down the hall towards the bathroom, I needed a shower to relax myself.

Once I had finished in the shower I got dressed in a pair of jersey shorts and an oversized jumper before walking into the sitting room and plopping down on the sofa. I pulled the blanket that lay across the back into my lap and wrapped it around my knees before grasping the edge and pulling it up to under my chin. I wiggled a hand out and reached for the remote, turning the TV on then flipping through until I found something interesting to watch.

I was half way through Disney’s Anastasia when a knock came at the front door. I glanced at the TV and knew nothing interesting would happen right now so I got to my feet, wrapped the blanket around my shoulders and walked over to the front door.

I pulled it open to find Paul stood there in a pair of basketball shorts and his sneakers. He took one look at me and sighed before stepping forwards and encasing me in a hug. I buried my face in his chest and let a few tears slip out.

Paul lifted me gently, holding me to him, and then walked further into the house, closing the door and sat down on the sofa with me in his lap. Paul ran a hand through the ends of my hair as he rested his chin on the top of my head. He gave another sigh then kissed my crown before pulling me away slightly so he could look in my eyes

“why is this so hard?” he asked gently, I groaned

“Paul do you remember the last time this happened?” I asked him, he nodded

“yeah I do”

“do you remember the state I was in after?” I then asked, Paul nodded solemnly

“yes I do, it was horrid” he said, I gave a small smile and clasped one of his hands in mine

“that state never really left me, you’ve told me over and over again that vampires are bad and not to be trusted yet you and the pack still aid them or fight them, I just want it to be over and us to be happy without the threat of a vampire killing you hanging over our lives” I confessed.

Paul stared into my eyes for a second before shaking his head and then smiling at me, pulling me towards him for a tight hug

“you’re amazing do you know that?” he asked rhetorically. I grinned

“I know I am but this isn’t about me being amazing Paul” I said seriously. He pulled back and nodded

“I know and I know that I have told you all of that and that it seems we are putting ourselves in danger all the time for things that we were made to kill but the Cullen’s aren’t as bad as other vampires and I believe in the saying ‘better the devil you know’ so I would rather have them than another vampire family who would kill humans, possibly even you so if that means helping them then I have to do it” he said.

I bit my lip as I thought it over, realizing that we will never agree on this so I put my feelings to the back of my mind and smiled at him

“ok Paul, I agree” he chuckled

“no you don’t but thank you for caring enough to try to lie” I giggled and he pulled me in for a deep kiss.

When he pulled away I smirked and ran a finger nail down his chest

“Mom doesn’t get home for hours...” I said suggestively. Paul caught on quick and gave his own smirk back before tightening his grasp around me and getting to his feet then quickly making his way down the hall to my room, me giggling the whole way there until he shut me up with a kiss as he closed my bedroom door.
♠ ♠ ♠
awwwwwwwww, Only 7 Chapters Left!!!!