Status: Complete

With Teeth So Sharp

Rings

After I left Beverly's motel room I didn't go back to the Cullen house. I wanted to leave with Beverly, but I couldn't make the decision to go to the airport yet either. If Alice didn't already know what I was going to do, then I didn't want to give her the opportunity to know, not until it was too late for her to do anything. Don't get me wrong, I loved Alice, but I needed Beverly, and I was honestly afraid to know what Alice would do when she found out I was leaving her for Beverly.

I basically drove around the city all night waiting until it was time to meet Beverly at the airport. I arrived a little earlier than she told me to and purchased a ticket for the flight. I had gotten lucky, they had one seat available on the plane. I went through security and gave them my suitcase, then walked down to the terminal to see her sitting in a chair up against the window.

She was wearing her red jacket and black boots with black leggings and a gray shirt that was belted at the waist. She had on a pair of black sunglasses with very dark lenses, and her hair was down. "Beverly," I said her name with a smile and she turned to face me.

"You came," she smiled.

"Of course I did. I need you Bev."

"I need you too." She stood up and hugged me, and I returned the embrace. "Did you get a ticket?"

"Yes."

"Where are you sitting?" she asked, taking the ticket from me. She scanned the ticket than said, "You're sitting in the seat in front of me."

I took the ticket back from her, "Well that's good."

"How did Alice take the news?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I haven't seen her since before you dug yourself out of your grave last night."

"I know I don't know her well, but I have the feeling that she's not going to be very happy."

"Probably not."

A voice came over the loudspeakers telling us that it was time to board the plane so we stood up. We gave the stewardess our tickets and walked down the long ramp to the plane where we took our seats. We didn't talk much during the flight. Once we landed in Toronto We got our bags from luggage claim and paid the parking fee for having her car in the parking garage while she was gone.

"This is it," she said with a smile, pulling the keys out of her pocket and unlocking the doors to a black Bentley Continental GT. She opened the trunk and put her suitcase in it before taking her seat behind the wheel.

"This is nice," I said as I put my seatbelt on.

"It's my baby. After I seen Doomsday, I had to have one."

"What do you do to be able to afford it?"

"I'm a director."

"Like a movie director?"

"Yep."

"How do you hide that your eyes are red?"

She smiled, "I have a friend."

We drove to her house, it was about the same size as the Cullen's house, and it was on the outskirts of town. It was very clean on the inside, and had very girly decor. She gave me a tour and I put my things away. "This is a really nice place," I told her.

"Thank you. I designed it myself."

"You've always been multi-talented."

She smiled and walked over to me. She reached up and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and said, "I'm so happy you came with me."

"Me too." I leaned down and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around her waist, pulling her closer to me so I could deepen the kiss. Before we could go any further I pulled away, breaking the kiss.

"What did you do that for?"

"I almost forgot something." I pulled the gray strip of cloth out of my pocket that had Beverly's wedding ring tied on it and untied it. She smiled and held out her left hand so I could slide the ring onto her finger. Then I replaced my wedding ring from Alice with the one from Beverly.