Status: Complete

With Teeth So Sharp

Franklin

"Jasper, I'm going to the studio to check on the production of my latest film. Do you want to join me?" I called up the stairs.

"Sure!" he called back, and within seconds he was standing at the foot of the stairs, a shocked expression on his face. "Your eyes...."

"Are green. Their contacts. A friend made them for me. You know, if you decide to quit eating animals, I can have some made for you."

"Your eyes look just like they used to."

"Come on," I smiled and walked to the garage were my beautiful Bentley was parked and waiting for us. We got in and I drove to Whitlock/Campbell Productions.

I flashed my ID at the security guard to get into the gate. "Who's he?"

"How was your trip Ms. Whitlock?"

"It was fine, thank you for asking." I smiled sweetly and he pushed a button making the little wooden arm raise and letting me drive through.

"I didn't know you had your own studio," Jasper said.

"You didn't ask. And it's not all mine. I have a business partner, Franklin. You're going to be meeting him today." I drove to the big office building and parked in my reserved spot right in front of the doors, and the two of us got out.

"Hello Ms. Whitlock," the receptionist said as I walked past her to the elevator.

"Hello." I pushed the button to open the elevator doors and Jasper and I stepped inside. I pushed the button for level four and waited as the elevator rose.

"So, I'm guessing you have your own office and everything?"

"Of course. So does Franklin. That's where we're headed now." The elevator's doors opened and we stepped out, Jasper stayed close behind me as we walked over to Franklin's office and I knocked on the door.

"Come in," came his muffled voice.

I opened the door and walked inside, taking a seat before he could offer me one. "Beverly, it's so good to see you made it back safely."

"Did you ever think I wouldn't?"

"Daniel is very-"

"Daniel has been taken care of."

"You mean he's dead?"

I nodded.

"That's great, and I see you picked up a toy while you were gone. What's wrong with him?" the brunette eyed him suspiciously.

"He's a vegetarian."

"How does that work?"

"He only eats animals."

"Ew!" Franklin wrinkled his nose.

I nodded again, "Anyways, Franklin, I'd like for you to meet my husband, Jasper. Jasper, this is my business partner, and my closest ally."

"Jasper! The husband who disappeared? It's a pleasure to meet you."

"The feelings are mutual," Jasper told him, the soft southern accent still tainted his words like it used to.

"On to business, how's the movie coming along?" I asked.

"Everything is right on schedule," Franklin said, a smile appearing on his face, "Post-production began last week."

"When can we expect the premiere?"

"In two months, just like we planned."

"That's good."

"So you wear contacts too?" Jasper asked.

"Trust me, my eyes aren't brown because I feed from animals."

"Franklin, I'd love to stay and chat longer, but I just wanted to check on the movie, and there's a few business matters I need to tend to, so I'll see you later."

"Of course," he smiled as I got up and Jasper and I left the room. We walked down the hall to my office, and I opened the door. I turned my computer on and sat down and my big black chair.

"He seemed nice," Jasper said as I got to work.

"He's very nice. If it weren't for him I would've starved on the streets or gotten myself killed after I was turned. He's practically a father to me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

She stepped into the busy parking lot of the airport and sniffed the air. It hadn't been too long since they had left. Tracking their scents she found the house where Beverly lived. She had just missed them, but she didn't mind waiting. She would do whatever it took to get her husband back. Even if it meant killing someone.