Status: Complete

With Teeth So Sharp

When Franklin Met Alice

I finished up my work and then Franklin and I were going to go hunting. I was also going to fill him in on my trip to Forks. I gave Jasper the keys to the Bentley and gave him a kiss before he got in the car. "You remember how to get to the house?"

He nodded, "Of course."

"Okay, I'll be home soon."

"I'll be waiting." He got in the car and shut the door. I watched as he drove through the parking lot and through the gate. Then Franklin and I left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

She watched from the bushes as a black Bentley Continental GT drove down the long drive way to the house. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Bella whispered in her ear.

"I'm not giving him up without a fight," she whispered back.

The garage opened and the car rolled inside. As the garage door rolled back down she stepped out of her hiding place and started towards the house.


~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aren't you worried that she'll come after you?" Franklin asked as he drove down the drive way to my house.

I shrugged, "A little I guess, but we both know I can tear her apart with a single thought. Besides, he was my husband first."

Franklin didn't reply as the car came to a stop right in front of the garage.

"You coming in?" I asked him.

"For a little bit, I suppose." I turned off the engine and we got out of the car. As soon as I opened the front door a sense of calmness washed over me. Standing in my living room with Jasper were Alice and Bella.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess you could say it was love at first sight. I was entranced by the beauty of the small pixie-like woman, so much that I almost didn't hear Beverly when she asked, "What are you doing in my house?"

She turned her head in our direction, "I'm not giving up my husband without a fight."

"He was my husband first, and he chose to come here with me. You can leave!"

"Alice." Her name was a whisper on my lips. I didn't even realize I had spoken. Her attention turned to me, and I knew instantly that she felt the same thing I felt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard my name like a whisper on the wind. I turned my attention to Beverly's companion. He was a few inches taller than me, had curly brown hair that reached just above his shoulders, and brown eyes, but I could see the rim of the contacts, telling me that underneath they were red. As I stared into them, I felt something change inside of me. I felt a love for him that was stronger than anything I had ever felt before. I knew instantly that he felt it too.

The word 'soulmate' rang in my head. I knew this must be what it was like for the wolves to imprint on someone. "Who are you?" I asked, unable to think of anything intelligent to say.

"My name is Franklin," he told me, walking forward and taking my hand in his. "Please allow me to tell you how much of a pleasure it is meeting a woman as beautiful as you." He lightly kissed my knuckles.

"The feeling is mutual, I'm sure."

He smiled and I knew that with him I would feel complete.