Status: Complete

With Teeth So Sharp

Hunting

"Jasper....Jasper......Jasper!" the sound of my brother's voice broke through my thoughts and I snapped out of my stupor.

"What Emmett?" I asked, slightly annoyed by him.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing."

"Really? Cause I said your name twenty times before you did anything."

"Just drop it, okay."

He raised his hands up in surrender and sat back against the couch.

"Where is Alice?" I asked him.

"Shopping with Rosalie and Bella."

"I'm going hunting."

"Want me to come with you?"

"No, I need some time by myself."

"Okay." I got up from the couch and left the large mansion, heading straight for the woods that lined the property. I ran as fast as I could, pushing myself farther and farther. I had to get my mind off of her. Finally, I stopped. I leaned up against a tree and pulled a small gold band out of my pocket. The ring she had given me on our wedding day was always with me. Representing my first love. Beverly was dead though. She had to be. She probably eventually remarried, had kids, grew old, and died. I slid the ring back into my pocket and started walking.

That's when I picked it up. The two scents mingled in the air. Vanilla and vampire. Vanilla had always been Beverly's favorite scent, she had candles with vanilla extract in them all over the house we had once shared. The thought brought me sadness, but then I remembered there was a vampire loose. I had to find them before they put my family and me in danger. I started tracking them, the scent grew stronger as I came to a clearing, as I got closer, the smell of blood drifted my way. Animal blood.

I stepped through the clearing and seen a deer lying in the grass. It's neck had been torn out and blood coated it's fur, and the grass around it. I walked over to it. It was dead. I looked around, trying to figure out where the vampire could've gone. That was when I was attacked from behind. How could I of gotten careless and let myself get attacked? I grabbed them from my back and threw them across the clearing and got ready to attack. The person spun through the air and then landed perfectly on their feet, their back to me.

They had on tight black jeans with black knee-high boots and a red leather jacket. I couldn't tell what else they had on though. Long black hair cascaded down the woman's back in curls. I blinked, and it was too late. The woman turned and charged at me in that one split-second. I managed to dodge out of the way, but she continued after me. We collided into each other and rolled across the ground, finally coming to a stop with her on top of me, pinning my arms down next to my head. She was strong. Her hair fell around her face, which was twisted into an angry snarl. Her blood-red eyes were tinged with dark brown. Her lips stained with the deer's blood. I watched slowly as her fangs retracted and her expression slowly turned from a killing look to one of recognition.

"Jasper..." it was a whisper. Low enough that if it wasn't for me being a vampire I wouldn't of been able to hear it. Before I could do a thing she was off of me and gone. I walked back home, slowly. It's not her, I told myself, It can't be her.