Status: Complete

With Teeth So Sharp

Fangs Like Knives

I walked into the motel room I was staying in. I had to get out of Forks, fast. I couldn't find anyone that no one would miss and had resorted to feeding from a deer. The taste of it's blood still in my mouth. I pulled my jacket off and unzipped my boots, sliding my feet out of them. I walked into the bathroom, turned the water in the sink on and cupped my hands together, filling them with the clear liquid. I filled my mouth with the water and swished it around before spitting it out and turning the water off. It didn't completely get the foul taste out, but it made it bearable.

I had gotten used to drinking the blood of squatters, drug addicts, and whores, and the animal blood just didn't taste right. I couldn't find any of those in the perfect little town of Forks, Washington. If I wasn't gone by the end of the week, I'd have to go into the city for my next meal. I plopped down on the bed and turned the TV on, flipping through the channels I finally decided to watch Supernatural. It was a rerun. An episode from when Katie Cassidy was on there. I smiled. Ruby was one of my favorite characters, and my jacket was just like her's.

I tried to keep my mind on the show, ignoring that I had just seen my husband. It couldn't be him though, could it? I had been turned into a vampire, so I guess he could've been turned into one too. The smell was vampiric, but his eyes were so different. They were brown. If he were a vampire, shouldn't they have been red. As I thought about these things, different memories flooded my head.

I was standing in the kitchen cooking dinner. There was a knock on the door and I went to answer it. Two military officers were standing there. "Beverly Whitlock?" one asked.

I nodded my head, "That's me?"

"I'm afraid we have bad news."

"Jasper," it wasn't a question of whether or not he was okay, but a statement that he was gone.

"He's not dead," the other one spoke up, "Or at least, we don't know that he is."

"The thing is, he went missing. We're doing everything we can to find him and bring him back safe and sound."

I didn't say a word and the other one finished the message.

"We just needed to notify you in case..."

"In case you need to identify the body."

I nodded my head and they left. I shut the door and fell to the floor as tears fell from my eyes.


If it were possible for me to cry I would've been crying then. He had broken his promise to me. He had never come back. I hated him for it, but I just couldn't let go of him. I looked down at my left hand and seen the small diamond ring that stayed forever on my finger. I probably wouldn't be able to take it off if I wanted to. I remembered how I waited for weeks after the messengers came, and never got any word about whether or not Jasper had been found.

One night I packed small bag, and set out on my own to find him. I had rode a horse into a town about fifty miles away, and that's when I met Daniel.

"Are you sure you haven't seen him?" I asked the tall man. He was handsome, with an athletic build. His black hair was slicked back and there was something unusual about his eyes. I couldn't tell in the moonlight though.

He shook his head. "I can't say that I have." He handed me back the picture of Jasper.

"Thank you." I gave him a weak smile, and he smiled back. There was something evil about his smile. A little voice inside my head told me to turn around and run, get as far away from him as possible. I turned and walked away. As I got around a corner I took off running, only to run into what felt like a brick wall. I fell to the ground and looked up. Daniel was standing there. That wicked grin plastered on his face. He pulled me up off of my feet and shoved me against the wall. I fought him as hard as I could, but it was pointless.

I watched as his canines elongated, turning into deadly fangs. Laughing as I cried out for help. Then he bit into my throat. The pain was unbearable as fangs like knives sank deeper and deeper into my flesh. I could feel him draining me of my blood as my body burned. I tried to scream but the only sound that escaped my lips was a gurgle. Finally he dropped me. I crumpled into a bloody heap on the ground and he walked away. I didn't know if he thought I was dead, or just didn't care.

Even though he was gone the pain continued though. My veins burned as if my whole body were on fire, but on the inside. The pain consumed me from head to toe and prayed and begged God to just end my life then. Thankfully, the blackness consumed me as I slipped into unconsciousness, and the pain went away.

When I woke up there was a dim light coming from somewhere in the room. I was a bloody mess. I could hear voices talking. "She has no wounds, and yet she's covered in blood," came the voice of an elderly man.

"We have to take her in," came another man's voice.

"But there's no proof that she killed anyone."

"Maybe not here, but she could be on the run." I heard the clicking of footsteps as the two men entered the room.

"Good, you're awake," said a man dressed in a sheriff's uniform.

"Where am I? What happened?"

"That's we want to know. What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything."

As they spoke I could smell their blood running through them as their hearts pumped. I could hear the beating and a pain grew in my stomach. The sheriff attempted to arrest me, and I attacked him, draining him completely of his life. He fell to the floor and the elderly man stood there, frozen in fear. I attacked him as well, drinking every drop of blood. When I was done I looked around at what I had done, and, scared, I fled. I didn't stop running until I reached the coast.