Status: Complete

With Teeth So Sharp

Family Meeting

I walked inside and went into the (un)living room. Edward was sitting at the piano with Renesmee (Nessie) teaching her how to play. She'd be a year old this weekend, although, she looked much older. Emmett was sitting on the couch watching a football game, and I could hear Carlisle and Esme in another room. "Are the girls not back yet?"

Emmett shook his head, keeping his eyes to the screen. "Touchdown!" he shouted as the Oakland Raiders scored. His momentary outburst caused Edward to hit the wrong note and he looked up at Emmett.

"Do you have to do that every time someone gets a touchdown?"

Emmett didn't say anything.

"Since when do you like the Raiders?" I asked.

"He's been doing it for both teams."

I arched an eyebrow and he said, "What? I don't know who I want to root for."

I ignored his comment and started to leave the room.

"Where ya going?"

"I need to talk to Carlisle."

"Oh."

I walked upstairs and knocked on the door to Carlisle's study. "Come in," he called. I opened the door and stepped inside, shutting the door behind me. He was sitting at his desk and Esme was standing next to him. I didn't know what they were talking about, or care what they were talking about.

"What's wrong?" Esme asked as soon as she seen the grim look on my face.

I didn't want to tell them, but if Beverly was a threat, assuming it was her, than they needed to know. I took a deep breath before saying, "There's another vampire in Forks."

"Really?" Carlisle asked, straightening up in his seat.

I nodded. "I found her in the woods today. She had killed a dear. We fought and then she ran off. I don't know where she went."

"We need to tell the girls," Esme said.

"I agree, and we need to find her as well. She could put our whole family in jeopardy. Esme, dear, why don't you call them and tell them to come home so we can discuss this as a family."

"Of course." Esme called the girls and they said they would hurry home, then we gathered in the dining room that no one actually dined at for our little family meeting.

Carlisle sat at the head of the table, like usual, Esme sat at the other end, and the rest of us in between them while Nessie practiced the piano in the other room. "There's one thing I left out," I said after Carlisle explained everything I had already told him.

"What is that, Jasper?" he asked, looking at me.

"I think...I think she's my wife."

"What?" Alice shrieked, outrage in her voice. Why did I ever keep this from her? I looked around the table at everyone. They all had shocked expressions on their faces as they stared at me. I finally looked at Alice and I could see the sadness in her eyes.

I sighed, "Before I became a vampire, I was married. I haven't seen her since I left to fight in the war, but..." I trailed off as I remembered the way the girl looked at me when she had me pinned down.

"But what?" Esme asked, pushing me to continue.

"But the vampire in the woods today looked exactly like her. I had always assumed she grew old and died."

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Alice asked, still hurt that I had kept Beverly a secret.

I shrugged, "I don't know. I said it low, but knew everyone heard anyways. I was sure even Nessie heard.

Carlisle sighed, "Alice, you and Jasper can talk later. Right now we have more important things to do. Edward, Bella, take Renesmee to Charlie's and let the wolves know there's another vampire in town. They can check out La Push to see if she's there. Alice, Rosalie, you check around town. Emmett, I want you to check the woods, and Esme and I will check the outskirts of town."

"What about me?"

Carlisle sighed again, "I want you to stay here. If we find her, and your with us, your feelings for her could cause a mistake. If this is your wife, she may not be the same person she was when you were married, and I don't want anyone getting hurt."

I didn't say anything and sat there as everyone got up to leave. Alice put her hand down on my shoulder and leaned close to my ear before saying "We will discuss this when I get back."

Then they left. I sighed and closed my eyes before leaning back in the chair.