Status: Slow, but worth it

My Heart Beats Only For You

Chapter 19

Gerard’s POV

“Frank! You still have that fucking tree house!?” I ask as everyone looks out the window.

“Yeah. My dad wanted to knock it down a couple years ago, but I told him we couldn’t.”

“Why?” Mikey asks not as amazed as I was I guess. Okay let me explain this tree house. I was 10 and during that time I thought it was the most awesome thing ever. I convinced Frank and Mikey to build it with me despite the fact they were scared shitless. 2 weeks after I brought it up, Frank’s dad bought everything and him, Frank, Mikey, my dad, and I built it. It took us 3 damn weeks to get that thing up and we were only allowed to go up there a total of 3 fucking times.

Well the reason we only went up there 3 times was because of what bad luck that tree house brought. The first time the three of us went up there was fine until I accidently bumped Frank and he fell all the way down breaking his arm. We had to take him to the hospital and the doctors put him into a cast for a couple months. Mikey and I promised we wouldn’t go up there until he was all better. When that time came we all did again. Well this was the second time we were allowed up there, our parents figured it was one freak accident and it couldn’t happen again, well it sort of did.

This time we were just sitting and playing some card game, than some fucking cat came out of no where and bite/scratched Mikey all up. Well Mrs. Iero called our mom and they insisted we took him to the hospital to make sure he didn’t get rabies. They bandaged him up and luckily he didn’t catch anything, though Frank’s neighbor was pissed for scaring her stupid cat. 1 week later, after begging our parents to let us up again they finally decided we could IF we took our dads with us, so we did. Well that was a bad idea. Our dads were up there and everything was fine until my dad told Mr. Iero that he fucked up a big part of the tree house and there was a huge fight which included them blaming each other.

Well let’s just say they were both pretty bruised up from the multiple punches and kicks exchanged. Frank was forbidden to see Mikey and me; the same went for us. It was a week until our moms finally got the men to talk to each other and make up, for our sake. We finally were able to see each other, but we never went back up there because we swore it was cursed with some evil monster. I told this story to the guys so they knew why I was so amazed at the fact the tree house was kept.

“I still can’t believe that actually happened. You know we blamed you for all that, right?” Mikey asked.

“You did? Why?”

“Well, you’re the one that wanted the fucking tree house and it was your fault that any of that actually happened!” Mikey said through giggles.

“And when did you two discuss this?”

“When mom let me call Frank that night. I, unlike you, called him to apologize about dad hitting his dad, and he apologized for his dad. We then decided that it wasn’t our dads’ fault, it was yours!”

“Is this true Frankie?”

“The boy doesn’t lie,” he says smirking. I murmured a ‘whatever’ and frown.

“So then Frankie Boy, why did you keep it all these years? What are you like 16?”

“I kept it because I went there every time something bad happened. Actually, the first time I ever stepped in there since I was 8 was the day Gerard decided Mikey and I weren’t worth his time anymore,” he said with a sad expression. Shit, he had to bring that up now! Come on I was 15! I was an idiot back then. Okay whatever yeah that was like 2 and ½ years ago, but I’m with him now, don’t bring that up! I practically yelled in my head.

“How long ago was that?” Ray asked with a serious face.

“Uh, I was like 13 maybe 14. I went up there because well I loved Gee, well not like LOVED, but loved him like a brother. I looked up to him and thought he was the greatest thing in the world. I went up in that tree house and cried until like 3am. My mom and dad just left me up there figuring I needed some alone time, which I did. I was alright, but after that I tried so hard to be better for him. I let go of anything I thought was childish. I died my hair and started listening to whatever bands Gerard thought was cool. So I changed, though I never for a minute left Mikey out.”

“Well thanks Frank, make me sound like a monster,” I said kind of bitter.

“Oh Gerard chill, you’re different now but up until like what 5 months ago you were horrible and you know it.”

“I tried to change! I really did, but then you mentioned you were gay and I guess that was hard to take, especially since Mikey knew before I did!”

“Mikey was around. Anyways, back to my story, I gave up trying when I think I was 15, it became too much to handle. I still had Mikey and I think I told him about my sexuality soon after. I have Gerard now so I guess all that didn’t matter really, I like Gerard and he likes me and I blame his crude behavior on the fact he couldn’t help loving me so much,” he said winking. The guys laugh and Mikey gently shoves Frank.

“That was not the reason, you just go through some weird phase when you get older and I guess I finally came out of it all those years.

“So when did you finally decide you needed Frank?” Bob suddenly asks. Wow. When did I decide that? Have I even decided that yet?

“Actually, now that I think of it, I did just now. I mean I like him a lot and I guess deep down I always have, but it took me a long time for it to hit me. That day when I saw him cry, well, it tore me about and I knew I had to make it right. So I kissed him, then and there, but how does he repay me? He fucking runs away!” The guys laugh at the shock and fake hurt on my face.

“So then after that day you guys just made up or whatever and got together?”

“Well, yeah I guess. I knew I had to somehow convince Frank I was the one for him and I guess I did a pretty good job,” I said with a wink and a giggle.

“Okay enough with the Gerard and Frank lovey dovey shit. Can we figure out what we are doing today?” Mikey says raising his arms dramatically.

“How about we have a quick smoke then we can decide. I want to see this tree house, I always wanted one when I was little,” Ray said while walking to the backyard. Maybe it was just a cool thing for people my age. We all followed him to the back and sat in the tree house smoking the fags we all seemed to have a pack of.

“Let’s go see a concert somewhere! I have a fake I.D and I could get us some beer while we watch some local band!” Bob said after blowing smoke rings.

“Good idea, one of my distant friend’s band is playing at the park a little way from here. Gerard could drive us, Bob could get booze and more fags, than we could just kick back and watch them,” Ray said looking at the rest of us. Frank, Mikey, and I looked at each other than nodded our heads. “Great! It starts at like 7pm and it’s what? 4:30 now? Let’s just kick back here until like 6 than we’ll leave.”

“Sounds like a plan to me,” Frank said finishing his fag and climbing back to the ground. Great, sucky ass band for our ‘day-of-fun’. Whatever at least I’ll be there with my friends and my boyfriend, maybe I’ll get some tonight. I say thinking about the time Frank gave me a blow job.

"GERARD! HURRY YOUR ASS UP!" I hear Mikey yell, apparently everyone else was on the ground again, oops.
♠ ♠ ♠
A FUCKING TREE HOUSE GEE?! THAT'S what was so damn interesting, you scared me! Lol, yes I yell at my character, of course not the real people!

So this one is for Emily [EmziesWay123] and Joanne [Iero My Hero] because; I meet Emily when she poked me on facebook then told me she liked my story. I was so effing excited to know someone actually liked my story. Then Joanne because she dedicated a chapter to me which made me ecstatic!! OMGee!!! I forgot that I’m also dedicating this to Gerard Way for making my day by singing with Duran Duran on their youtube channel LIVE! Okay so I wasn’t there, but watching it live was almost like being there. Gawd I swear this man is just incedible:D okay so “I think I’m gonna go now!!” haha yes I wrote this while listen to Planetary Go! And I was going to write bye right when Gerard sings “I THINK I’M GONNA GO NOW!” haha anyways ILY!!!

Xoxo
<3Anita