Status: Slow, but worth it

My Heart Beats Only For You

Coffee and Love

Mikey’s POV
“So how did you like the gig?” Ray’s friend Dalyne asked us as she hopped away from the microphone over to us.

“Dalyne! You were amazing! I knew you had an amazing voice, but dang, who knew you could make angels themselves cry!”

“Toro you are so wasted aren’t you?”

“Just a bit, but I’m serious, you were really good. Let me introduce you to my friends.” He went around the circle introduce each person from left to right. In turn we all gave her a quick hug and a lazy smile.

“Ah, I’ve heard of you,” She says pointing to Anita. “Andrew talks about you non-stop, he’s a nice kid, but I wouldn’t go for him even if he was a girl, he’s kind of a horn dog in my opinion.”

“That’s Andrew for you, he has some problems, but we still love him to death. So how did you guys all get together to start a band?”

“Well the drummer is my girlfriend. She’s been dying to start a band for years now, she met some kid while he was getting high and he told her he could play bass and guitar, which would be your friend Andrew. Once she learned I sang she insisted we get together and find another person that played guitar or bass. Andrew suggested some guy and we went with him so we all got together in my garage. We sounded HORRIBLE, but after a lot of practice we got our act together. Yours personally came up with the name, Death at 6 a.m. I sort of came up with it when we were on the bus and I told the guys school sucked because we had to be up so early and I was ‘Death at 6 a.m.’, sounded brilliant and we rolled with it.”

“Sounds cool. Well you guys sound awesome so and my advice, never give up. So then you go to the same school as us?”

“Belleville High School, the one and only! I’m a senior there and cannot wait to graduate this year!” I hear this and finally decide to butt into this 2 person conversation.

“Gerard is a senior too; he’s going to art school once he graduates!”

“Cool, not sure on what I shall do, but I just know I will do something! Hey you guys sorry, but I’ve got to go. See you all next gig I assume?” We all nod our heads and wave goodbye as she runs out to the van filled with band instruments.

“I want coffee, anyone up for some?” I ask and immediately regret even asking because everyone’s hands rise far too quickly to register thanks to being so buzzed. “So let’s go then!” I grab hold my Anita’s hand and slowly drag her back to her car as a deep red floods to her face.
-------------------


Okay so I’ve had the best night ever, but I’m taking it slow. We don’t need another Sam, though I doubt Anita and her friends could be anything remotely close to that bad! Her smile, her laugh, her EVERYTHING just has me wanting more. Yeah, so much for slow, but I really am trying. The concert ended about an hour ago, but we all decided we’d go out for some coffee to wear off the taste of alcohol.

“Wait, so your parents just took off?! Gawd I wish I could get my dad to get out of the house every once in a while just so I can just get out and do something crazy, but he’s too damn protective,” Anita says throwing her arms up. We all laugh and she maintains her posture drinking her plain black coffee.

“Well it’s hard getting them out, but I see why. We’re bad kids!” Frank says laughing while pointing at all of us. “Do you think they’d leave me alone as often if they knew I went out to drink and smoke? Yeah, highly doubt that!” I looked at my phone and realized it was late.

“Gee, it’s already 1:37 a.m. Mom and Dad are going to flip if we don’t get home soon, ready to go?”

“Mikey loosen up, we’re staying at Frank’s, I already called Mom and she’s cool with it.”

“Yeah, but what about Ray and Bob? They need a ride Bro and that is where you come in.”

“Actually Mikey, I have no problem giving them a ride home. I don’t think they are ready to exactly separate from my friends, plus I need to get going.” Anita holds up her phone and it’s vibrating violently. “That would be the 5th time my dad has called, quiet. Hi daddy. No I am not at a crazy wild party with alcohol. Stephanie, Sabrena, and I got a coffee with some friends after the concert. Would you like a picture of the café geez! Yeah I’ll be home in about half an hour. Yes half an hour. BECAUSE! I have to take Steph, Breena, and 2 other friends home. Who? Uh, well, you don’t know them, because we just meet them. Where? Well, at the concert. They go to our school. Yes dad they are guys. Their names? Well, Robert and Raymond. One’s a senior and the other is a sophomore like us. Dear lord dad I’m fine and so are the girls! Okay yeah I’ll be there in a while. Bye! And he is the definition of uptight so I got to go.” The 5 of them get up telling us their goodbyes before turning around and walking away. I quickly stand up and without thinking call Anita back.

“Hey wait!” I’m not 100% on what I was doing, but I gave it a shot. “Could I maybe get your number or something?” Anita blushed slightly before pulling my hand into hers writing what I assume would be her number.

“Here. Maybe we could all have lunch on Monday? I have an open period right before lunch so I’ll go buy pizza and some coffee?” She didn’t give us time to answer before Stephanie pulled her away literally kicking and screaming. I laughed a little and looked at my hand to see written in perfect writing:

555-1212
Don’t be afraid to ring it :D

“Look at you Mikey! It’s been, I believe, a week since the inevitable has happened and you’re already getting back out there. First with Alicia and now with Anita! And the game has just begun Baby Bro.”

“Thanks Gee, but I think I’m going to go for this. Anita is a really nice girl; she’s smart, she’s pretty, and I really like her. This looks like it’s going to turn out great or at least a lot better than Sam.”

“Just take it easy Mikes. Yeah I like her now, but you never know what she’s capable of. You didn’t see what I seen when I first met Sam, than again I was the only one that saw it.”

“Frankie Baby, relax. I really trust this girl, she’s so kick back and there’s no way she’s out to hurt Mikey. She doesn’t look like the kind of girl that will do something like that to get closer to one of us. Did you see her friends; they were all over Ray and Bob! I haven’t seen Ray ever get that involved in a girl since freshman year and back then he wasn’t as shy as he is now! Trust me on this one that girl and her friends are not like any girl we’ve meet before.”

“Yeah I guess you’re right, just promise you’ll be careful not to open up too quickly, you are just as much as a brother to me as you are to Gerard and I really care.”

“I promise you Frank, this will turn out great! And I will not open up too quickly!”

“Thanks, now who is ready for some sleep? I kind of want to go with the girls to see their friends and to do that we might need some sleep.”

“Yeah, I kind of want to go too. I’ll make sure to call Anita in the morning and hopefully she’ll allow us, along with Bob and Ray, to tag along.”

“Sounds like a plan to me. Let’s get going before it’s too late to actually sleep.” We all leave the small café that is now almost completely empty and cruise back to Frank’s. Once we get there we all strip down to our boxers and realize the guys left their stuff. We decide it would be fair if we all slept on the floor in sleeping bags, but we all know I’ll wait about 10 minutes then plop myself in a comfortable position on the bed. As I take my glasses off and set them on the bed side table I realize, I might actually have a girlfriend. One that’s not going to be a bitch like Sam and try to ruin everyone’s life, then again like Frank said, we don’t know them yet. I curl up into a ball next to my sleeping brother and best friend and do exactly as I said, wait 10 minutes then crawl onto the basement bed and fall into such a comfortable sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is it just me or does my writing sound boring?? I swear I’ll explain about the girls soon! I hope I got Dalyne accurate because I’ll feel like shit if I don’t! And to anyone else that wants to be in this, you will come soon just trying to figure out how to fit you in. Might be complicated and will most likely have to bring you as a drama starter, but in the end all will turn out sweet. I don’t want to use anyone for too much evil;) So no personal talk this time, just enjoy and *Happy Easter*(If you celebrate). ILY!

Xo
<3Anita