Status: Slow, but worth it

My Heart Beats Only For You

Kill the Happy Cow Part One

Gerard POV

I woke up around 10 a.m. the next morning expecting to be greeted by Frank or Mikey, but instead I was completely alone. I looked around the room and it appeared to be empty. I slowly got up careful not to fall over due to my severe hangover and managed to stumble into the great smelling kitchen.

“Hey Frank, look who’s a wake finally! Morning Bro, want some coffee?” Mikey asked with a huge grin across his face. I look for Frank and see his ass is sticking out of the fridge, most of his upper body inside grabbing whatever it was he was searching for.

“Sure, but may I ask, how are you all smiley? Aren’t you hung over?”

“Was, coffee and 2 Advil can change that though.”

“Aha! I found it,” Frank suddenly yells out victoriously holding up the bag of Skittles we had bought Friday.

“You were looking that hard for some Skittles?”

“Well they were that important,” he says sticking his tongue out at me. “Good morning by the way. Advil is in the cabinet above the stove, cereal is in the cabinet to the left of them, and obviously milk’s in the fridge. Help yourself, the coffee is almost done.”

“Alright, morning to you too. So Mikes, did you call Anita yet?”

“He called this morning, woke me up with his stupid girlish giggling, I hope to gawd I don’t sound like that when we talk Baby. He barely got off the phone about 10 minutes ago.”

“Hey! I do not giggle like a girl and you DO sound like that when you call Gerard! I can hear you from my damn room, AND HE’S DOWNSTAIRS!!”

“Okay you’ve got me there, but think about this. You squeal like ME, but have you considered the fact that I’m GAY! So what’s worse, giggle like a girl or squealing like a gay guy? Yeah exactly, didn’t think you had an answer.” Mikey pouts then stomps down the stairs like a child as Frank and I start laughing. “He’ll get over once we meet up with everyone.”

“So I’m guessing Anita said we can go?”

“Well more like you, her, Mikey, and me. Her friends can’t go because they have homework or what not and the guys aren’t going because of course they are helping them with their, uh, ‘homework’” he says with air quotes, a wink, and his adorable suggestive smirk.

“That sounds like something our friends would do. Mikey’s only going because Anita will be there huh?”

“Only kind of, he truly cares, but Anita being them will just be a bonus. I suggest you go eat and get ready quickly because Anita will be here in approximately 45 minutes.”

“Shit! Why didn’t you tell me this sooner?!”

“Again, he got off literally 10 minutes ago! How was I suppose to know?! Just hurry, I’m jumping in my shower and hopefully I can convince Mikey to jump in my mom’s. once I get out it will be your turn so be ready to get in and out quick.”

“Alright MOM!”

“Screw you, and that exactly dear Gee is what I can do for you that your mom couldn’t. Keep it up and you won’t be getting any of this fine ass.” He proceeded to shake his ‘fine ass’ then continued upstairs. I chuckled then regretted it instantly because I just remembered I had a headache. I took a deep breath and remembered a trick I was once taught.

I cleared my mind completely and imagined a big, happy cow grazing in a beautiful pasture. The pasture was a deep green with pink and purple wild flowers growing in every direction, the most peaceful place for my imaginary cow to be eating, letting out peaceful ‘moos’ to show his appreciation. I imagined the sun rising into the sky showing the most beauty sunrise with pink, orange, red, and of course yellow. Then as quickly as I imagined the beautiful scene I killed it. A crazy, sharp blade cut the disgustingly happily cow into a million little pieces, splattering the stupid sun with the deepest red blood to ever be seen. I chuckled to myself and opened my eyes satisfied that my headache was no perfectly gone with no need of Advil.

Not sure where I learnt the trick, but all I know is every time I used it, it worked. Maybe I’m just that weird since the death of a beautiful scene amuses me, or maybe the trick just fucked with your mind, either way, I was very much happy after it. I walked through the kitchen and grabbed the essentials to make myself a decent breakfast and quickly ate to be sure I was ready in case Frank came out ready for me to jump in.

------------


We are currently in the backseat of Anita’s black Acadia {I interrupt this story for an explanation. Acadia: truck/Little SUV thing that holds 7 or 8 people; I now return you to your regularly scheduled story} just in case we have to escort anyone anywhere. Mikey sat up front with Anita and was going through her massive playlist on her iPhone.

“Queen? You don’t by- Omigawd Gee, she has Bohemian Rhapsody!” He presses the play button and blasts our favorite Queen song. Everyone in the car knows the lyrics by heart and belts them out at the top of their lungs. Once the song ends and we all stop laughing, Anita turns the music off. “Hey, I was listening to music!”

“Cool it, we’re about to pull in and I’m not about to look so insensitive by laughing when something this tragic has happened. Once I park follow me and I’ll ask the nurse if we can see them. Jessica and Janette are here, unfortunately Jazmine is in a different hospital that I’ll go to later in the week.”

“We could go after this, I have no problem staying with you a little longer and I’m sure Gerard and Frank don’t mind.”

“Way to ask us first though my brother is right, we don’t mind at all. I’ll even drive if it could help.” She starts chuckling and I scrunch up my nose kind of confused to why.

“Sorry, it’s not that I don’t trust you, but I’m not even supposed to be using the Acadia so if my old man finds out I let someone else drive, special after what happened, he will kill me, but thanks anyways. Maybe we can see Jazzy later. Let’s see how this goes first, ready?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so that cow thing totally works!:D I learnt it a while back and that it was so funny and awesome!! So I feel I pretty happy about this chapter, but it's cut into parts becuase 2,000+ words seems like way too much. The other chapter will be up in about 20 minutes and maybe a whole other chapter will be up in less then an hour, who knows! I'm just in a great mood because, we'll because there's no reason for depression, well except for the 1 year anniversary for my great uncle's death, but unlike my family I kind of rejoice because I know he's in a happier place looking down at us with a smirk because we're the suckers having to endure life still. I think I'll write that in the letter for tomorrow's dinner. Lol thanks for reading:) And I love you guys so much for sticking around, this was a explanitory chap. so no featured characters this time. Sorry guys:) Well bye for now, ILY!!!!

xoxo
<3Anita:)