Status: Active

More Use Than First Thought

That's Unlucky

Ziva and Amy were the first to go home but something sinister happened......................
*The Next Morning*
“Where’s Ziva?” asked McGee gesturing towards the oddly empty desk at 7am “I don’t know, I’ll try her cell” said Tony pulling out his phone ,calling her with no answer, he looked over at McGee and shook his head. “Rule 3 never be unreachable” said McGee “well, try and reach her then McGee” said Gibbs joining the two in the bull pen, “on it Boss” said McGee “this is un-like Ziva even when she’s with a guy I can get a hold of her” said Tony worriedly, “you worry too much DiNozzo, Ziva and Amy have probable just stopped to get the morning coffees” said Gibbs smiling, “Boss there is no answer from her home phone or email” said McGee getting worried himself. “DiNozzo with me, McGee keep trying Ziva cell, home, email Morse code I don’t care try everything” snapped Gibbs standing quickly, Tony grabbed his gear then ran after Gibbs who was already halfway to the lift, “where we going boss?” asked Tony catching up with his boss “Ziva’s place she couldn’t have gone far she was with Amy” said Gibbs “right Boss” said Tony. The drive to Ziva’s apartment was quiet, they got to her home and stood outside, Gibbs knocked loudly with no answer, so Gibbs kicked open the door and the two stepped inside guns poised. “Ziva, Ziva you here” called Tony “Amy you in here” called Gibbs scanning the rooms, “Clear Boss” said Tony “Clear, I don’t think they got home last night” said Gibbs seriously “how did you work that out?” Asked Tony puzzled, “no empty take-out cartons, ice cream tubs or pillow and blanket on the sofa for Amy to sleep on” said Gibbs scanning the room again, “they could have tidied up” said Tony “really DiNozzo two women, one 34 and one 14 and you think they tidied up” said Gibbs patronizing him slightly, “and one of those is Ziva David” chuckled Tony. “Come on lets go back see if McGee has found them yet” said Gibbs smiling slightly, “Ziva won’t be pleased about the new art work on her door Boss” said Tony with a soft chuckle “she can send me the bill” replied his boss closing the door behind them as the two left, once again the car journey was quiet.
“McGee report” called Gibbs as he and DiNozzo stepped from the lift back at NCIS, “no boss nothing yet” said McGee looking disappointed with himself for not finding Amy and Ziva. Gibbs and Tony took to their desks, about twenty minutes later to the surprise of her co-workers Ziva David stumbled out of the elevator and in to the bull pen dusty, rumpled with dry blood just under her button nose, “Ziva what happened?” said Gibbs running over to her and leading her to a chair, “Thank you” she said sitting “what happened Ziva? We were so worried” said Tony concerned “we got car jacked outside the shop on 12th ,we needed some groceries so we ran in got what we needed then we got back to the car and as I said they jumped us then chucked us in the boot, then I think I must have blacked out or something because the next thing I remember both Amy and I were tied to chairs then they started shouting” said Ziva needing to pause to stop herself bursting in to tears, “go on” said Tony reassuring her, taking a deep breath Ziva then said “they were yelling stuff like “Tell us where it is” and “tell us or we will kill her” meaning me then they hit her then me but Amy said she would only tell them if they let me go, I tried to stay but Amy told me to go they agreed then bundled me in to my car then I woke up again in the back of my car in the car park then I came up and here I am” continued Ziva with a soft whimper. “ZIVA!!” called Abby running over to the Israeli women and hugging her tightly, then Abby looked round anxiously “where’s Amy? I thought she was with you I wanted to give her, her clothes back” said Abby looking at McGee, “we don’t know Abs” said McGee standing next to her and putting his arm around her. “And she risked herself to get me out of there” said Ziva tearing up as she looked down at her hands on her lap, “It’s not your fault” said Tony putting a comforting hand on her shoulder “It is Tony I was MUSAD and I am now NCIS, trained to see these things to look after people not get them kidnapped” said Ziva angry with herself “no Ziva you were looking after Amy, she enjoys being with you, you became so close that you were looking out for Amy and not bad guys and that’s just what made you so great at looking after Amy that’s why I let her stay with you I could tell you would do your best which you did and have always done ok” said Gibbs stepping towards Ziva and squatting so he could look in to her chocolate brown eyes. “Yeah Ziva Gibbs is right” said Tony squeezing her shoulder reassuringly causing her to look up in to his eyes they held this until Gibbs broke it by saying “since they were quite happy to let Ziva go I think it is safe to say that they were after Amy and not Ziva but what were they looking for?” said Gibbs standing “Boss I doubt thanks to Amy’s memory that she would be able to remember any way” said McGee still holding Abby “which might work to our advantage” said Gibbs looking at his team, “why?” asked Ziva wiping the tears from her eyes, “Because she is holding them off because they won’t kill her if they still need her” said Gibbs, “But every time she says she doesn’t know they hurt her, she’ll be beaten” said Ziva weakly. “But beaten is better than dead” said Gibbs looking at her, “yeah” said Ziva quietly “Is there any way we can find her?” asked McGee looking at Ziva “yes my phone” said Ziva standing “how?” asked Tony puzzled, “I fitted a tracker device in Ziva’s cell” said McGee sitting then typing quickly on his computer, “Why McStalker?” teased Tony “because I asked him too” said Ziva “Why?” asked Tony still puzzled “Just in case I lose my phone when it’s off or dead” smiled Ziva “yeah and I’m glad it’s come in handy” said McGee “well done McGee” said Abby with a small smile “good job Tim” said Gibbs. Suddenly a large map appeared on the plasma, an arrow pointed to a large warehouse and an address joined it on screen, “grab your gear” said Gibbs, Tony, McGee and Ziva all grabbed their rucksacks then as they went to leave Gibbs said “No way Ziva you’re staying here”, “but Gibbs” said Ziva “but nothing” said the team leader strongly, “Gibbs why don’t we get Ducky just in care Amy needs medical attention and meet you there, Ziva can drive us” said Abby helping Ziva, “ok meet you there and stay out of trouble” said Gibbs leading the boys to the lift “Bye Ziva” called Tony “seeya Abs” called McGee and they disappeared in to the lift, “thanks Abs come on” said Ziva almost running to the morgue with Abby close on her tail. The two women ran in then together said “Ducky your coming with us” “My dears Why?” said the doctor surprised “We’ll explain on the way” said the two anxiously, so once the doctor was out of his scrubs he was almost dragged to the car.
Meanwhile Gibbs was shouting at every stop sign and traffic light that delayed them more, soon they were at what seemed to an abandoned warehouse, the three men climbed out of the car silently, Gibbs gave a few hand actions then they all pulled out their guns, the stood outside a large door, Tony one side gun poised with McGee mirroring his actions on the opposite side as Gibbs prepared to kick the door open (again). With one sharp kick the door swung open and the three ran in guns poised to find Amy tied to a chair with a rather large black dog with lying behind her licking her hands playfully, Amy turned her head to see who had entered with a smile, Gibbs, Tony and McGee smiled back as she called “Hey Guys” happily across the almost empty warehouse floor “What happened?” asked Gibbs as the three started towards her but stopping and turning to face the door as Ziva and Abby entered the warehouse followed closely by Ducky. “Hey there come on in join the party” called Amy to the others, with the dog still licking her hands. “What Happen Am?” asked Abby over to her, “well if someone would care to un-tie me I’ll tell you” said Amy with a chuckle, So pulling out their knives as they walked over to her, Ziva and Tony cut the ropes once Tony had tip-toed round the dog of course, Amy stood shook out her hand, patted the dog on the head who was now standing at her feet then hugging Tony and Ziva as they went Amy made her way over to the team, She joined the team smiling still with the large what could now be identified as a Rottweiler at her heals and who with a quick downward point from Amy sat at her feet, “So what happened was we got kidnapped, I must have black out for a while because the next thing I remember was being in here stuck to a chair then well I guess you know the rest so I’ll fast forward so after Ziva left they gave me this injection thing that made me really happy then asked me loads of questions which because of the old boo-boo on my head, I couldn’t answer so they hit me a few times” said Amy. “What did they ask?” asked Abby hugging Amy tightly, “things like where is it? Where is Riley? And are you with NCIS?” said Amy kneeling to stroke the large dog at her feet, “so where did the dog come from?” asked Tony puzzled “oh after I told them I didn’t know anything they slapped me a few times then gave up and brought in this little puppy then left thinking I would snap or this cute old thing would literally make a meal of me, But I remembered that I had a nutter butter in my back pocket so got it out and have been feeding him bits of it with my hands behind my back” said Amy standing and brushing the dog hair off her NCIS gym kit, “so why are you so happy about all this?” asked McGee confused “I think I can explain that” said Ducky taking Amy’s right arm palm up to reveal a small needle mark on her vain, “look here” said Ducky allowing Gibbs and the others to see the mark, “will what they gave Amy wear off Duck or do we need an anti-dote?” asked Gibbs “it’ll wear off Jethro don’t worry” said Ducky with a smile as Amy hugged him, “shouldn’t we be getting back boss?” said Tony smiling slightly “you’re right better had come on” said Gibbs once outside by the cars Amy asked “Can I ride with Ziva please?” “I don’t mind” said Gibbs with a smile “so if Ziva, Amy and I take one car and you guys take the other we’ll meet you back at case” planned Tony “Ok meet you there” said Gibbs getting in to the car, with Ducky beside him and McGee and Abby in the back, Tony then opened the passenger door to allow Ziva to sit shotgun when she said “thank you Tony but I think I’ll sit in the back with Amy if that’s cool with you Am” “yeah” said Amy happily, so Tony drove with Amy and Ziva in the back, when Ziva turned to Amy and said “Amy thank you for telling them to let me go and saving me, you didn’t have to do that I’m the one looking after you not the other way round”, “it was an honour to put my life on line for you as it would be for any of you” said Amy with a large smile. “Even Tony” joked Ziva “yep even Tony” said Amy “thank you Am and Zeeva maybe you should take a leaf from Amy’s book my little MASAD ninja” joked Tony “oh Tony if you weren’t driving” threatened Ziva “come on you two you’re like best friends” said Amy still drug happy from the injection.
Soon they pulled up in the NCIS car park, Amy felt safe at NCIS, it was the only place she knew since waking up, the three meet the others in the car park as they walked towards the elevator, seeing them Amy ran over to McGee and hugged him tightly, the whole group smiled knowing the hugs where genuine and not just the drugs, she released him and said “Sorry I didn’t hug you before Tim you know back at the warehouse”, “no worries Amy you were a little busy” said McGee with a warm smile, then walking with the group Amy stopped just before the elevator, turned to Gibbs arms open and smile wide then said “you’re the last one Gibbs a hug please”, Gibbs smiled back then hugged her as the faces of his co-workers fall to a happy but surprised expression then as one they stepped in to the elevator, once back on the office level, Abby returned to her lab, Ducky to his pond, the Agents to their desks and Amy to her claimed patch of carpet at the foot of the filing cabinet between the desks of Tony and McGee, five minutes after they returned, Director Vance joined them in the bull pen , “welcome back Amy” he said brightly, Amy then stood and hugged him “what . . .” said Vance surprised “sorry Vance Amy’s a little drug happy thanks to our mystery kidnappers” said Gibbs, “Thank you” said Amy with a drug happy smile “you’re very welcome Amy” said Vance “Coffee?” said Amy “great usual all round please Am” said Tony brightly “Director Vance sir?” said Amy respectfully “safe as agent DiNozzo please” said Vance so Amy skipped away to make coffee “Ziva, Tony go with her, with those mystery drugs in her system god knows what she might do?” chuckled Gibbs, Ziva and tony stood in near perfect unison then started towards the break room after Amy but as they passed the stairs Tony pulled Ziva against the wall around the corner from the stairs, Tony and Ziva’s own little meeting place, where they would go to talk about their partnership and their personal lives, Tony held Ziva between his arms he put one hand either side of her against the wall with Ziva stood in the middle, she could have escaped in a thrice from his trap but she didn’t want to, stood so close to Tony she could feel the heat from his chest and smell the scent of his aftershave. “Ziva I . . .” started Tony but before he could really say anything Ziva pressed her lips to his and they kissed, Amy smiled seeing the two from the door way of the break room as the two kissed she yelled “YES!” loudly causing everyone around her to look at her and Tony and Ziva to break their kiss, Amy noticed the attention so to put their minds at rest she called “It’s ok I found the Oreos” called Amy with that Tony lowered his arms and the two hurried towards Amy who had a tray of 7 drinks in hand by this time, “Am you didn’t see that” said Tony nervously “see what?” said Amy with a smile “me and Tony well kissing” said Ziva puzzled she had to explain “no Ziva that was Amy’s way of saying she’ll keep this between us” said Tony “oh I get it” said Ziva “ good cover back there Am but aren’t 7 to many” said Tony “no I don’t think so, one for you, Ziva, McGee, Abby, Gibbs, Ducky and Vance” said Amy with a small smile. “so you thought of everyone” said Ziva patting her on the back gently, “yeah” said Amy starting towards the bull pen, once she had given Gibbs, Vance and McGee their drinks and Tony and Ziva had decided to carry their own, the trio travelled in the elevator to the morgue, “Ducky I made you a cup of tea” said Amy once in the cool stainless steel room, “oh Amy thank you I see the drugs are starting to wear off” said Ducky taking the tea from the tray “yeah I guess it is” said Amy smiling “good” said Duck before taking a sip of his tea, “better go Ducky sorry need to take this up to Abby you see but I’ll try and come back soon I would love to hear the rest of that story you were telling me” said Amy happily “ ‘til then” said Ducky as the three left. “So did that ‘hug’ mean anything or were you just trying to shut Tony up Ziva?” asked Amy as the elevator hummed “the kiss? Well I don’t know Tony?” asked Ziva turning to Tony but before he could even start to say anything the doors slide open on Abby’s lab with music blasting from her stereo, “ABBY” called Ziva trying to be heard over the music, but the young women could not hear her, so balancing the tray on one hand Amy tapped Abby on the shoulder causing her to turn quickly, then seeing them Abby turned off the stereo and smiled “here Abby I got you this under advisement” said Amy passing her the drink, “thanks Am” said Abby taking a long sip before saying “you two are awfully quiet” puzzled, Tony and Ziva weren’t able to find words so only a sequence of “um” “oh” “eh” came out, “oh it’s because I jinxed them when they both said bless you when I sneezed in the elevator” said Amy helping them out “you should know better” said Abby patronizing them slightly “ok special agent Ziva David and special agent Anthony DiNozzo” said Amy smiling “come on Am it’s getting late and if we want to grab a bit to eat the earlier the better” said Ziva “ok bye Abby” said Amy “no wait I need to give you these” said Abby pulling out a black NCIS regulation backpack from under her desk and saying “your clothes clean, washed and ready to wear” said Abby passing the bag to Amy “aren’t they evidence” asked Amy puzzled “I asked Gibbs who asked Vance, both said as long as I was done with them you could have them back and I have anyway you’ve been in those gym sweats and lost and found shoes long enough” said Abby with a small smile, “so my shoes too?” asked Amy hopefully “yeah your black boots with laces and zips” said Abby “YAY thank you Abby you’re the greatest” said Amy hugging Abby tightly, “I thought I was the greatest” teased Tony “you are Tony ,just in a different way you too Ziva” said Amy worried she had offended “I was just kidding Am it’s ok” said Tony with a warm smile, “oh good” said Amy relived “that was mean Tony” said Ziva hitting him “give the girl a break Tony” said Abby crossing her arms “come on Am lets go upstairs” said Ziva gesturing towards the lift, “wait for me” called Tony as the two got in to the lift, but they had gone by the time he reached the lift doors, “bye guys” called Abby as the three left her lab. Meanwhile in the lift Amy said “Ziva can I tell you something?” “Sure what’s down Am?” asked Ziva concerned, Amy ignored Ziva’s phrase misfortune before replying, she said “if you know you want to invite anyone over and have a social life just say the word and I’ll get out your way, I just got on to that bit in deep six where you and Tony’s characters open up to each other” said Amy sincerely “who do you think I would invite over?” said Ziva wondering where Amy got the impression that Ziva had an active social life, which outside of work was on occasion, “Tony or oh sorry do you have a boyfriend sorry I shouldn’t have taken it for granted that you and Tony are together” said Amy nervously “no, no boyfriend Tony and I aren’t involved either that’ rule 12” said Ziva with a small smile, “rule 12?” asked Amy puzzled, “oh right you don’t know Gibbs rule well rule 12 is Never date a co worker” said Ziva “too bad” said Amy, with that the lift doors slide open once again, to find a slightly out of puff Tony smiling through his deep inhauls, then to the surprise of Amy, Tony and maybe even Ziva herself she said “Tony why don’t you join us for pizza, Amy and I you know if you like” she finished as the three re-entered the bull pen, luckily Gibbs was away from his desk probably with Vance or in MTAC and McGee had headphones on listening to music from his computer so no-one outside the trio heard the question, “really!?” asked Tony thinking he was hearing things, “yeah, why would I joke about that?” asked Ziva puzzled “I don’t know the question just kinda came out of nowhere” said Tony honestly “so are you coming over or what?” asked Ziva impatiently, “of course Ziva” said Tony looking in to Ziva’s dark brown eyes, “YAY” sang Amy happily “ok we’ll leave in about an hour” said Ziva “cool” smiled Amy “sounds lovely and Am what’s your favourite film?” asked Tony sitting at his desk, “I can’t remember” shrugged Amy once again sitting at the base of the filing cabinet, “oh right yeah sorry” said Tony with an awkward smile, Ziva just looked at him and shook her head softly, “ok so I’ll bring the basics and we can elaborate from there” said Tony with a smile “cool” said Amy “so you’ll get the pizza then” said Ziva, “yeah I’ll swing by my place get the movies then get the pizza on the way to your place” said Tony smiling at Ziva, “Ok” said Ziva typing on her computer. “Can’t wait” said Amy loudly as Gibbs re-entered the bullpen, walking up behind McGee and pulling down hard on the headphones causing them to fall from his ears and McGee to yelp loudly, “sorry boss” said McGee putting the headphones in to a desk draw, “so Am was can’t you wait for?” asked Gibbs sitting at his desk, Amy looked at Tony who was trying not to make eye contact with Gibbs and Ziva who was biting her lip as she typed, “I couldn’t wait for you to get back because it’s nice to see you all together and here you are, what a coincidence” said Amy with a smile, “thanks Amy, rule 39 though” said Gibbs typing, “what’s rule 39?” asked Amy “rule 39 is that there is no such thing as a coincidence” said McGee “really Gibbs?” asked Amy a little puzzled, “yeah” said Gibbs with a small smile, “that’s a good one” said Amy leaning on her bag of clothes to read, 50 minutes passed when Ziva stood and said “come on Am we better go, we’ve already missed one night’s sleep”, “ok get some sleep you two it’s been a rough day” said Gibbs with a nod, “night Boss, Tony McGee” said Ziva giving each a small nod, “night Gibbs, good night Tim, Later Tony” said Amy giving each of the men a wave and with that the two left.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for subscribing